Trouble on Middlewood Road

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Put em in the army that will stop them from marching and fighting

Maybe it would be a good thing for the lads in question, but a total waste of money for the country as a large standing army is a bit of a waste of time in the age of cyber attacks and hypersonic missiles….

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Maybe it would be a good thing for the lads in question, but a total waste of money for the country as a large standing army is a bit of a waste of time in the age of cyber attacks and hypersonic missiles….

Also imagine being actually invaded by Russia and their army step onto our shores to see a load of spotty Burberry draped boys doing that funny bouncing thing bouncing from left foot to right foot pointing and opening their arms right wide and shouting ‘COME ON THEN!’ 

(whilst stood behind some coppers for safety) 

lol

Might actually work - the Russians would see their Burberry scarves and retreat purely from a fashion perspective 

• Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Young men always want to fight. It’s been the same since the dawn of time. There a lot more positive outlets for it nowadays. My teenage boys went along to kickboxing to get it out of there system. Boxing gyms, MMA martial arts all exist to give a safe outlet for it. Not everyone takes that route and there will always be lads fighting.

Football attracts lads and therefor attracts fights. The problem is that it spills over into normal people’s lives. If they all met on a bit of waste ground for a scrap no one would give a monkeys. Its when it’s on the height street people get annoyed. And when innocent bystanders get drawn in. And the prevalence of knives is terrifying to any parent of teenagers. 

There isn’t a real cure for it. Just try to get as many lads into boxing/ martial arts to get it out of there system and hope not too many of them get badly hurt. It’s a terrible waste of life when anyone gets stabbed to death over bûgger all. 

have you seen some of these “young men”

they’re in their 40’s/50’s even 60’s

clinging on to their hey-day of the 1970/80’s

and in 20/30/40 years time the current crop of Burberry buffoons will ensure the Neanderthal knuckle draggers will still be around 

4 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

The younger crew are more than capable of holding their own

They probably can .. Don’t doubt it ….

All I’m saying compared to …. Thommo…Fat sid …Bathtub etc etc from the 70s/80s ….. this new breed of “hooligan”can be a bit embarrassing 🙈 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hughdowd said:

They probably can .. Don’t doubt it ….

All I’m saying compared to …. Thommo…Fat sid …Bathtub etc etc from the 70s/80s ….. this new breed of “hooligan”can be a bit embarrassing 🙈 

They're proper good at bouncing on their toes and pointing a lot tho

(whilst stood safely behind a wall of police)

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, ANDY said:

have you seen some of these “young men”

they’re in their 40’s/50’s even 60’s

clinging on to their hey-day of the 1970/80’s

and in 20/30/40 years time the current crop of Burberry buffoons will ensure the Neanderthal knuckle draggers will still be around 

If blokes in their 50s still have the energy to fight each other then I’m impressed! I’m constantly absolutely knackered since turning 50…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Also imagine being actually invaded by Russia and their army step onto our shores to see a load of spotty Burberry draped boys doing that funny bouncing thing bouncing from left foot to right foot pointing and opening their arms right wide and shouting ‘COME ON THEN!’ 

(whilst stood behind some coppers for safety) 

lol

Might actually work - the Russians would see their Burberry scarves and retreat purely from a fashion perspective 

Russia is the land that put together the shell suit, sliders and white socks combo so I think they would probably consider a Burberry scarf as high fashion…But for sure the pointing would put them off there stride. Who isn’t terrified at the site of someone pointing at them? I know it am. Makes me need a poo just thinking about it!

• Haha 2

why not have an army camp set up in the park , tug of war , a punch up whatever floats there boats as long as they dont use what pathetic youngs uns do these days and use knifes and guns as there pure cowards . and no this aint aimed at young people in general just the ones who think there hard using weapons . it was all handbags on saturday and if you google it or go on youtube there was loads of fighting in a few grounds and streets near grounds its a society problem with a lot of built up anger. 

Just now, morganowl said:

why not have an army camp set up in the park , tug of war , a punch up whatever floats there boats as long as they dont use what pathetic youngs uns do these days and use knifes and guns as there pure cowards . and no this aint aimed at young people in general just the ones who think there hard using weapons . it was all handbags on saturday and if you google it or go on youtube there was loads of fighting in a few grounds and streets near grounds its a society problem with a lot of built up anger. 

That's Brexit for ya

Owlstalk Shop