How does this lineup look to you?

Any variation of 4-2-3-1 at Sheffield Wednesday becomes 4-5-1. So for that reason no.

When Moore goes, the new manager will immediately play 4-4-2 and simplify things and we will start to win games.

Shame we have to put up with another 6/8 weeks before things get worse.

Complete waste of time.

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

FCZWld5X0AonQgV.jpg

If these players were all fit how would you feel about giving this starting lineup 5 games on the bounce to settle down and so we can start to work out where to go from there?

Not saying for one second it's perfect, just that it might be worth just going with it for 5 games straight and taking it from there?

Isn’t this how we were playing when Gregory was completely isolated?

Corbeanu hugs the right hand touch line when played on the right and Shodipo climbs inside the right backs back pocket. I think Gregory would just get isolated again. 
I do like that defence and midfield but the attack doesn’t work for me so I would like to see us go 4.4.2. for a bit. Get back to basics and build from there. 
Also, anyone putting Shodipo in there starting eleven hasn’t got any eyes. 

57 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Disagree. 

We shouldn't get overrun by most teams at this level with 3 in midfield, especially at home. We will get nowhere if nobody in the midfield has enough composure to control the ball regularly or weight a pass to the benefit of a team mate receiving it.

Playing with fear is what is holding us back as it is. 

5 at the back at home to the likes of Lincoln, 18th for shots on goal in the division this season, live a little try to play attacking football.  

We shouldn’t but we do almost every game.  That’s without playing more attack minded wingers/forwards. If you’re to give them the freedom to attack, you need a solid base and that IMO isn’t playing Bannan in the three.

He’s fine in a three if you have wide players that are less attack minded, such as Hunt, Johnson etc. 

I guess I just don’t see any 5 being effective if 3 are creative outlets. You just get out thought by worse players. I’d rather win the middle of park and give freedom to forwards to attack. 

• Like 1

FCZWld5X0AonQgV.jpg

If these players were all fit how would you feel about giving this starting lineup 5 games on the bounce to settle down and so we can start to work out where to go from there?

Not saying for one second it's perfect, just that it might be worth just going with it for 5 games straight and taking it from there?

First and biggest fail for me Palmer at left back and no disrespect to him , but FFs Wednesday , we have needed a lefted footed left back for over two years!

Lost track of the number of fans complaining about square pegs in round holes !,, We dont have a sodding left footed left back on the books, 

FCZWld5X0AonQgV.jpg

Best team we have...pick it and stick with it..and make Hutch captain...

FCZWld5X0AonQgV.jpg

Exact team I'd play!

4, 4, 2 for me. Think like most the defence picks itself until we can bring a left back in.  I wouldn't start out and out wingers though, my midfield would be Johnson, Bannan, Adeniran, FDB. When/if Massimo comes back, push Bannan on to left midfield instead of Johnson.  This way it would allow us to bring Windass in to support the 33 years old Gregory and have someone to run in behind. Wingers can be brought on as the match progresses if needed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Isn’t this how we were playing when Gregory was completely isolated?

Corbeanu hugs the right hand touch line when played on the right and Shodipo climbs inside the right backs back pocket. I think Gregory would just get isolated again. 
I do like that defence and midfield but the attack doesn’t work for me so I would like to see us go 4.4.2. for a bit. Get back to basics and build from there. 
Also, anyone putting Shodipo in there starting eleven hasn’t got any eyes. 

This 

completely agree 

we don’t need 2 wingers on the park at the Moment , Dele and Adeniran are attacking a lot so we don’t need a extra winger that doesn’t work back and leaves us exposed, that’s how teams have been hurting us 

At times we have had the midfield attacking, two fullbacks and sometimes Iorfa as well , one long punt and we are caught out 

Our shape has been non existent 

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

FCZWld5X0AonQgV.jpg

Well, TBH, you were spouting about how Wing would be our saviour the other week. Then, suddenly you leave him out of your squad without one iota (not Iorfa) of explanation, "methinks thou protesters too much".

Just now, Kelfin Platz said:

Well, TBH, you were spouting about how Wing would be our saviour the other week. Then, suddenly you leave him out of your squad without one iota (not Iorfa) of explanation, "methinks thou protesters too much".

Errrr it’s not my team selection 

Someone else put this one together 

Nice try though 

lol

Owlstalk Shop

I think this is a team selection lots of us have considered and would like to see. My issue with this is we need to be defending much higher up the field than we have if we're going to employ wide forwards as we've seen time and time again, on those rare occasions when we're in possession the entire forward line is isolated collectively and individually. Add to that, defensively, teams have found it easy to progress the ball through the centre of midfield, again because we've defended too deep. 

We needed Hutch and Iorfa to be reading the game better than they have been, we're slow to react and not capable of defending higher up the field IMO, sadly.

I like this midfield trio, they are dynamic and athletic in Adeniran and Dele and Bannan adds passing range and creativity. 

Bottom line for me, however much I like the line up is we need to get some defensive stability, to stop conceding the number of chances we currently are, I don't see us doing that with our players in a 4-3-3, unfortunately.

Edited by Morepork