How does this lineup look to you?

I'd give it a go but with FDB and Adeniran playing deeper as box to box marauders, protecting the defence but also driving us forward. With Bannan or Wing playing further forward. I'd like to see what Windass could do in this current side once he's fit, I feel like he could be the key to getting the most out of the likes of Gregory and allowing others to thrive more on the front foot. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

FCZWld5X0AonQgV.jpg

If these players were all fit how would you feel about giving this starting lineup 5 games on the bounce to settle down and so we can start to work out where to go from there?

Not saying for one second it's perfect, just that it might be worth just going with it for 5 games straight and taking it from there?

Much better, for me I'd have Johnson instead of Shodipo, not because Johnsons been great I just think Shodipo will always lack a final ball and will frustrate. 

Windass for Johnson themn when he returns, ML also included when he finally returns.

• Like 1

FCZWld5X0AonQgV.jpg

If these players were all fit how would you feel about giving this starting lineup 5 games on the bounce to settle down and so we can start to work out where to go from there?

Not saying for one second it's perfect, just that it might be worth just going with it for 5 games straight and taking it from there?

I think you should be given 10 games in charge to see if you can make this thing work...

garymegson

FCZWld5X0AonQgV.jpg

It would be worth a try and almost certainly bring together some sort of understanding , togetherness and form improvement but Moore just won't do it.

BPF

Hunt.     Iorfa.      Hutch.    Palmer.   

Adeniran   FDB     Bannan.    

Corbeanu.                                Shodipo.   

Paterson. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

We're struggling to score goals now.

Formation's gone but the forward is still playing every game.

Maybe if we'd changed the forward instead of the entire team, we'd be better off.

Possibly 

On the us side ...

Adeniran & FDB are more likely to support Gregory, than Wing & Byers were 

2 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Possibly 

On the us side ...

Adeniran & FDB are more likely to support Gregory, than Wing & Byers were 

We've spent the last 10 games tinkering with the team and formation to get more support to Gregory.

And we don't score. When does it end? Is he really that good that we have to build a side around him?

Why not give one of the other forwards a chance? Ones who run and get on the end of crosses and passes instead of watching them go by.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Looks like the side that isolated our lone forward & struggled to score goals, in the first few games of the season 

The side that won 3 and drew 1 of its opening 4 league games you mean?

Just needed tweaking a bit, play actual wide attackers in the wide attack roles and don't have them tracking too far back.

Shodipo scored double figures for a top 6 side in this division last season, plenty capable of doing well for us if utilised correctly. 

Just now, Tewkesbury said:

We've spent the last 10 games tinkering with the team and formation to get more support to Gregory.

And we don't score. When does it end? Is he really that good that we have to build a side around him?

Why not give one of the other forwards a chance? Ones who run and get on the end of crosses and passes instead of watching them go by.

I agree 

I said at the beginning of the season ... 

Gregory has something to offer, but if he's expected to be a goalscorer, we're in trouble 

14 minutes ago, camffiti said:

I agree 

I said at the beginning of the season ... 

Gregory has something to offer, but if he's expected to be a goalscorer, we're in trouble 

Gregory's one of the chosen ones though. 

It's never his fault, always the players around him letting him down, and he'll get 40 if the rest of the team works as hard as he does and gives him proper service.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FCZWld5X0AonQgV.jpg

I think it would do well as the quality of opposition is fairly limited, but against better teams you can’t play two expansive wingers and Bannan IMO. 

If you swapped out Bannan for Luongo I think that team would walk this league. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

if the players are all fit where is Windass?

Windas is back on the grass according to the gaffer. I'm not sure if he means the pitch  or the type you smoke.

Maybe Moore has been having a few tokes while picking the team. It would explain a lot.lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I think it would do well as the quality of opposition is fairly limited, but against better teams you can’t play two expansive wingers and Bannan IMO. 

If you swapped out Bannan for Luongo I think that team would walk this league. 

I think we need someone alongside Bannan as a 4-2-3-1 as has been put forward in a different thread. Luongo would be ideal but being realistic, it isn't going to happen. Adeniran could possibly do it though it may restrict his scoring threat. 

For me Bannan still has to play though. The desire and energy of Adeniran and FDB is good but neither of them have enough composure to create attacks and start moves going. They played well at times yesterday but both need significant work on their first touch and weight of passes they play. So many times Dennis got the ball caught under his feet with slack control and FDB played passes with not enough weight or bobbled it to a team mate through lack of care.  

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I think we need someone alongside Bannan as a 4-2-3-1 as has been put forward in a different thread. Luongo would be ideal but being realistic, it isn't going to happen. Adeniran could possibly do it though it may restrict his scoring threat. 

For me Bannan still has to play though. The desire and energy of Adeniran and FDB is good but neither of them have enough composure to create attacks and start moves going. They played well at times yesterday but both need significant work on their first touch and weight of passes they play. So many times Dennis got the ball caught under his feet with slack control and FDB played passes with not enough weight or bobbled it to a team mate through lack of care.  

The whole drama with Wing and Bannan playing out of position was ro get them used to playing in the DM position. Bannan's played there the last few games and done well, he's had Wing and now Adeniran with him.

As long as one stays back they're fine attacking, see Wing in the last couple of games and Adeniran yedterday, one attacks, one back when we attack.

• Haha 1