I wholeheartedly disagree with Johnson at Centre Half

I can understand having to put players into different positions IF there is no other way around it. But when you have a match fit natural CB sat on the bench and playing a f@&king left winger instead something is clearly going wrong.

Time and time again this season we have seen formation changes for pretty much every match and also consistently had numerous players out of position, some more so than others and generally with very little to no impact.

By now even the most inexperienced of managers could see that the most basic of match day decisions (formation and starting eleven) are completely wrong and that things have to change. If DM can’t grasp that then his time in tenure should come to an end sooner rather than later. 

IMO a good manager should work with and listen to his coaching and support staff, either they are completely clueless and also think these methods are tactically sound or they do know what they’re talking about and DM doesn’t listen to them at all.

Yes we had a significant changing of the playing squad therefore giving DM the support backing to rebuild and shape the team to his ideals. Pre-season is the time to try things out and see what works or might not work, not 15 plus competitive games in. 

The excuse of new personnel getting used to each and the way they play got very old a few matches ago. They are (allegedly) professional footballers, how much longer do they need to ‘gel’???

Enough of the poor excuses, failure to see where we are obviously under performing and terrible tactical decisions. Pick a formation best suited to the players and play them in their natural positions.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't care one bit if he had a decent game and couldn't be faulted for anything yesterday

I couldn't care less if it was a gamble that paid off for that game

I think it's absolutely RIDICULOUS playing him there. 

I'm sick to the back teeth of players playing out of position and even worse Moore will now probably be tempted to do it again now

FFS

We're not playing well.

We're not winning.

We're not scoring enough

We're disorganised and look directionless

So how's about we go right back to basics of simply putting out a side where everyone is in their natural position only and start from there?

FFS

I'm angrymad about this issue - it's so god damn frustrating to me to see tinkering and starting lineups with players playing in positions that are alien to them, and then not getting a result

Makes Moore look an absolute tool doing that

Spot on.

The fact Johnson just about held is own is credit to him but he should never have been put in that position. We conceded from a corner and although we have a recent issue in that regard, playing one CB is hardly going to help address it. 

First half Brown played as a left-back rather than a wing-back, probably under instruction to cover for Johnson due to him being played completely out of position. The fact Brown has been poor in that role anyway lately, combined with this just makes a complete mockery of choosing to play 3-5-2 with 1 recognised CB.

Yesterday was an ideal opportunity to try and attack with 4-2-3-1. Play 2 proper CB's - if Dunkley was fit for the bench he was fit to play - surely he would have come on if Iorfa had got injured in the first 5 minutes.

Lincoln are far from free scoring and have not kept a single clean sheet in the league this season - get at them - play the players the manager brought to the club to get us on the front foot. Start with Corbeanu and Shodipo in support of a central striker and make them think about us.

We effectively played 5 at the back at home to a mid-table.   

22 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Be all over soon anyway. As soon as Bannan decides it ain't working. Moore will be gone.

Ooooh, you cheeky so and so. 

Tbf, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Bannan and some of the other senior pros have had a  say into this playing a back three nonsense. 

Pretty sure this isn't the first time we've seen 3-5-2 thrown out when things aren't going well. 

Who honestly knows. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Tbf, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Bannan and some of the other senior pros have had a  say into this playing a back three nonsense. 

Pretty sure this isn't the first time we've seen 3-5-2 thrown out when things aren't going well. 

Who honestly knows. 

This is complete speculation btw and is in no way an attempt to alleviate responsibility from Darren Guardiola. 

If anything, it would be another damming indictment of the job he is doing. 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Who honestly knows. 

I recon Bannan is one that would be listened to at the club, by all, even Chansiri.

Do you recon he enjoyed Pulisball.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't care one bit if he had a decent game and couldn't be faulted for anything yesterday

I couldn't care less if it was a gamble that paid off for that game

I think it's absolutely RIDICULOUS playing him there. 

I'm sick to the back teeth of players playing out of position and even worse Moore will now probably be tempted to do it again now

FFS

We're not playing well.

We're not winning.

We're not scoring enough

We're disorganised and look directionless

So how's about we go right back to basics of simply putting out a side where everyone is in their natural position only and start from there?

FFS

I'm angrymad about this issue - it's so god damn frustrating to me to see tinkering and starting lineups with players playing in positions that are alien to them, and then not getting a result

Makes Moore look an absolute tool doing that

It's the same as Moore insisting on paying Palmer out of position every week. It Beggars belief. 

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

He wasn’t awful as an individual but defences play as a unit so each member really needs to know what’s happening or it drives mistakes into the others which in my view is what happened yesterday. We we terrible at the back yesterday with endless mistakes. Surely driven by the fact only one of the Centre Backs was a Centre Back…

FFS

Totally agree. I said on another post, where people are questioning Iorfa’s performances in recent games that there must be huge mental pressure on him being the only refinished centre back in the three he played. He won’t be able to just concentrate on his game because he’ll be expecting to have to cover for others. 

Whilst Johnson did OK as an individual, what experience will he have of organising, and playing a part, in a cohesive 3 centre back system. Times many they looked disjointed. If Dunkley was fit enough to be on the bench then he should have been able to start. Also, the u23 captain (centre back) looks decent when I’ve seen him & I’d rather him play than what I say yesterday.

When I saw it, I thought he might be trying to employ the overlapping centre back tactic that Wilder employed, and I can see why he might think Johnson could do that given his physique, but there was only a couple of occasions that happened.

Some players can convert to other positions but I don't think Johnson has that defensive solidity in his DNA.

To be fair he did OK yesterday and with injuries I suspect we'll see him more at the back in the short term.