I wholeheartedly disagree with Johnson at Centre Half

Agree

Johnson had a decent game but there is no way in a million years he should be a CH.

He's a winger who can do a job at left back if need be. He's got a good delivery on him and if utilised on either wing will get assists through his deliveries. 

Should be played in his position.

Same with Palmer. Never been a CH or LB. Back up RB or nothing at all.

• Like 2

I can’t imagine how it even came to pass. If Dunkley was benched because on a knock a perfectly credible back four would have been Hunt, Palmer, Iorfa, Brown/ Johnson. The whole thing was utterly unnecessary. 

This is league one. Our squad has enough in it to play to a simple plan with square pegs in square holes and just try to be better at football than our opponents. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't care one bit if he had a decent game and couldn't be faulted for anything yesterday

I couldn't care less if it was a gamble that paid off for that game

I think it's absolutely RIDICULOUS playing him there. 

I'm sick to the back teeth of players playing out of position and even worse Moore will now probably be tempted to do it again now

FFS

We're not playing well.

We're not winning.

We're not scoring enough

We're disorganised and look directionless

So how's about we go right back to basics of simply putting out a side where everyone is in their natural position only and start from there?

FFS

I'm angrymad about this issue - it's so god damn frustrating to me to see tinkering and starting lineups with players playing in positions that are alien to them, and then not getting a result

Makes Moore look an absolute tool doing that

This seems to be a consistent with managers going back all the way to CC

I think it stems from the top top teams having players who can play in multiple positions and it filters down to lower leagues

We, alas, are not a top team but we DO have the personell to play round pegs in round holes and get results

Does me nut in

• Like 1

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

Was he actually decent then?

He wasn’t awful as an individual but defences play as a unit so each member really needs to know what’s happening or it drives mistakes into the others which in my view is what happened yesterday. We we terrible at the back yesterday with endless mistakes. Surely driven by the fact only one of the Centre Backs was a Centre Back…

FFS

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't care one bit if he had a decent game and couldn't be faulted for anything yesterday

I'm sick to the back teeth of players playing out of position and even worse Moore will now probably be tempted to do it again now

FFS

We're not playing well.

We're not winning.

We're not scoring enough

So how's about we go right back to basics of simply putting out a side where everyone is in their natural position only and start from there?

FFS

I'm angrymad about this issue - it's so god damn frustrating to me to see tinkering and starting lineups with players playing in positions that are alien to them, and then not getting a result

Spot on, I just don't think Moore gets it, nice guy but sorry he needs replacing.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Because he plays a different system, formation and starting line up EVERY.... SINGLE.... MATCH

Yep, it's always in reaction to how the opposition play rather than trying to create a clear identity in the way we play, maybe something that involves us believing in ourselves and making the opposition worry about us. But no, we spend all week pooing it about how good the opposition will be and no matter how many tactical adjustments we make between games or during the flipping game itself we never look comfortable and rarely have dominance over the opposition. It's so frustrating. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I genuinely don't think Moore sees the position as a CB.

I think he's gone that far off the scale with the formation convention, and just sees 11 players playing flexibly across the pitch.

I think Moore would say Johnson was playing 'wide left defence' in a back 3. We essentially played one CB from the start, which is the source of our problems - we have a manager who doesn't know what he's doing.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

I think he's gone that far off the scale with the formation convention, and just sees 11 players playing flexibly across the pitch.

So he thinks we're Man City with all the players good enough to do a job anywhere...jeeeeeeesus hfucking christ we're donald ducked

He didn't play bad but Jesus, he's one of the few players we have who can cross and he's sat in at CB, with a CB on the bench.

I could sort of get it if we had no other option, but Dunkley was available. If he didn't fancy Dunkley at CB he could have gone for 4 at the back and have just Palmer next to Iorfa.

Proper, proper weird decision.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

FFS

We're not playing well.

We're not winning.

We're not scoring enough

FFS

Becoming increasingly obvious, erm erm he’s losing his marbles coming up with a team selection like that. Needs to go and sit in a darkened room for a couple of days.

When I saw the line up I was CONVINCED it was a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2. It was inconceivable to me that we’d play a winger at centre half JUST because he happens to be left footed.

Im baffled.

I remember years ago having a whole Kop singing ‘Jermaine Johnson is not a right back, This is worse.