Johnson at LCB, Dunkley on the bench, WTAF?

1 hour ago, Django said:

If Moore let the defenders get on with their job of defending and getting rid instead of trying to imitate Beckenbaur then Dunkley is fine for this level 

Sign a prooper left back, play a back four, stop playing out from the back all the time. Pick a settled four and stop chopping and changing.

defence fine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Moore gave an explanation after the game why he played Johnson there which kind of made sense. It could have worked if we’d have been on the front foot that first half. 

It made sense from the point that he’s left footed and DM wants to play out from the back. But that possession at the back nearly lost us the game before it started. In fairness that wasn’t MJs fault but it’s the basic things like winning headers from set plays that have also cost us and I wouldn’t have that as Johnson or Palmers strongest attribute 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Seems to me DM knows he hasn't the world class ball playing  CBs needed to play the style he wants, so he's now shoe Horning fullbacks and midfielders in now to prove it works rather than adapt to a style and system that suits the personnel at his disposal, this is only going to end one way as his stubbornness is costing him and us. 

Dunkley didn't look at all happy today infact he looked absolutely peed off, DM' S stubbornness is bordering on jos's and that didn't end well for him, time to act DC. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Sign a prooper left back, play a back four, stop playing out from the back all the time. Pick a settled four and stop chopping and changing.

defence fine.

Exactly 

I think the manager should concentrate on the basics before trying to play like 2009 Barcelona 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stainless said:

For me it says more about a severe lack of trust in dunkley. Not been this season first time in nearly 30 years I've not had a season ticket. However all reports I've seen are that dunkley has been terrible. Either way Palmer as wide centre half i can see but Johnson seems very strange. 

Dunkley is awful,Brown is....for me iorfa has gone backwards..defensively we look worse than last season if that's possible Hutch improves it but the scattergun recruitment of cast offs is coming home to roost...

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

100%.

Pathetic use of our wage budget.

I'm now very concerned about it.

Remember at the back end of summer when we had bought in 8 or 9 fresh faces, and it looked like we were going to have a strong XI, supplemented by a few smart loans and a few youngsters ready to step up to the plate? It seemed like a pragmatic, tight-knit squad approach that would allow some integration for our eldest academy prospects to step up to the plate and show us what they were made of for 10/15 appearances this season... as well as fighting the fire in our bank balance.

Now we just look like a bloated, disorganised rabble... where the youngsters see the door to first team football close just a little bit more and we dig another couple of shovels worth of dirt deeper into the financial mire. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Paul.. said:

Forestieri at left back, JJ at right back, make a billion times more sense than a pretty weak willed left winger at left centre back! Especially when you have Callum Paterson who's big strong, burly, puts himself about, and has played a lot of his career at right back...

I meant a better comedy selection 

Worded it wrong 

Moore is on another planet 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm now very concerned about it.

Remember at the back end of summer when we had bought in 8 or 9 fresh faces, and it looked like we were going to have a strong XI, supplemented by a few smart loans and a few youngsters ready to step up to the plate? It seemed like a pragmatic, tight-knit squad approach that would allow some integration for our eldest academy prospects to step up to the plate and show us what they were made of for 10/15 appearances this season... as well as fighting the fire in our bank balance.

Now we just look like a bloated, disorganised rabble... where the youngsters see the door to first team football close just a little bit more and we dig another couple of shovels worth of dirt deeper into the financial mire. 

Agree with your comments, Hunt and Brennan would have excelled in this league, yet we send them out on loan. Someone tell Moore it's not La Liga, it's League 1. Being to every game and the quality of the opposition players is poor but our tactics with the players we've got is making teams play better than us and we look as bad as I've seen in 60 years of watching Wednesday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Incognito Owl said:

From the past few seasons that I remember:

Johnson - LCB under Moore

Bannan - RM under Moore

Van Aken - LWB under Pulis

Iorfa - CDM under Pulis

Forestieri - LWB under Monk

Reach - ST under Monk

Penney - RW under Jos

Wallace - ST under Jos

:duntmatter:

Any more?

JJ - RB under Laws, not exactly recent but it has to be in there!
Hutchinson - "No10" role under Jos, I'm remembering that one right? Didn't dream it?

• Like 1