Johnson at LCB, Dunkley on the bench, WTAF?

For me it says more about a severe lack of trust in dunkley. Not been this season first time in nearly 30 years I've not had a season ticket. However all reports I've seen are that dunkley has been terrible. Either way Palmer as wide centre half i can see but Johnson seems very strange. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Stainless said:

For me it says more about a severe lack of trust in dunkley. Not been this season first time in nearly 30 years I've not had a season ticket. However all reports I've seen are that dunkley has been terrible.

No he's definitely not been terrible, and I'd say for the last couple of matches he's been better than Iorfa and looked a bit more comfortable with Palmer to the left of him.

But even if Dunkley is injured and we have no fit CBs, surely Paterson is the next obvious choice? Before Marvin Johnson!

And on a sidenote I record all the games so if you want to watch any of them send me a PM (applies to future games of course, not sure anyone wants to choose to sit down and watch any of this season's previous matches!).

Edited by Paul..
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Better than Forestieri at left back

Forestieri at left back, JJ at right back, make a billion times more sense than a pretty weak willed left winger at left centre back! Especially when you have Callum Paterson who's big strong, burly, puts himself about, and has played a lot of his career at right back...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Was he asked about this in the post-match interview?

It seems like such an odd decision, surely it merits some explanation!

Exactly!

I tweeted Joe about it:

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

No he's definitely not been terrible, and I'd say for the last couple of matches he's been better than Iorfa and looked a bit more comfortable with Palmer to the left of him.

But even if Dunkley is injured and we have no fit CBs, surely Paterson is the next obvious choice? Before Marvin Johnson!

And on a sidenote I record all the games so if you want to watch any of them send me a PM (applies to future games of course, not sure anyone wants to choose to sit down and watch any of this season's previous matches!).

Cheers Paul 

Might have to take you up on that.

I'd agree Patterson is a logical choice which is what seems strange. Dunkley just seems to be in and out so unless there is a fitness issue it feels like trust 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, vulva said:

When you buy 14 wingers that you don’t play that can have an impact with the budget for cover at centre half. 

Makes the whole situation with the young lad Brennan more annoying. 

Hasnt done anything wrong when been called upon and looked comfortable. 

He along with bashiru should be here getting games helping to give them experience and improve. I may be on a minority but I'd love to see us give Adrenian & Bash a run together as a central 2. You fresh legs to get box to box and give us drive in a FORWARD direction instead of the sideways crab tactics we've been using. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Seems to me DM knows he hasn't the world class ball playing  CBs needed to play the style he wants, so he's now shoe Horning fullbacks and midfielders in now to prove it works rather than adapt to a style and system that suits the personnel at his disposal, this is only going to end one way as his stubbornness is costing him and us. 

DM has seen Pep make some silly choices at CB 

Kopp even tried Henderson at CB 

31 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Did you get a reply?

Not yet, he had a long night based on his feed so probably sleeping it off 😉

2 minutes ago, camffiti said:

DM has seen Pep make some silly choices at CB 

Kopp even tried Henderson at CB 

Henderson played at CB because Liverpool had one fit centre back and there was pretty much no other option. Not like he put Salah at CB or something.

• Like 2