The ten minutes we played well

Again today we had 10 minutes looking good when we scored, with Dennis and Fisayo running at Lincoln, it was something for the crowd to get behind. This pair are the biggest positive this season so far imo, but will that 10 minute period influence what we need to be doing? i.e play like that for 90 minutes because if we do we’ll win games.

• Like 1

Those two are kindred spirits to us fans. Positive, proactive, they make tons of mistakes but they make mistakes trying things. Which we will always forgive. 

The main issue is it took a goal for our players to feel empowered to play that way. 

If we started with Theo and Shodipo on opposite wings and they were as direct as today and we lost the odd game I'm sure we'd be more forgiving. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Those two are kindred spirits to us fans. Positive, proactive, they make tons of mistakes but they make mistakes trying things. Which we will always forgive. 

The main issue is it took a goal for our players to feel empowered to play that way. 

If we started with Theo and Shodipo on opposite wings and they were as direct as today and we lost the odd game I'm sure we'd be more forgiving. 

Agree - if we are going to be the twelfth man, we need to be watching the sort of play we can get behind & don’t mind mistakes if the effort is there to fix them.

Edited by Everywhere & nowhere
Typo

8 hours ago, Owls2k said:

There will always be some who criticise, with the gift of hindsight, but I'm with you. Can forgive errors when we have a go, but we are way too pragmatic and try to be too clever at times. 

Seen enough of this league and don't need to be clever, this isn't a tactically complex league.

We need to play to our strengths and go and attack teams.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Some tempo. Some pace and some players trying to make things happen quickly and suddenly the game and the fans changed. That’s all we want to see. 

exactly, With this squad, even allowing for  its sort comings, we have more than enough to get promoted if we lift the energy levels especially in centre mid.   Sadly never going to happen with the way Moore wants to play and Bannan slowing things down. 

• Like 1

The problem I found when we were on top for that 10 minute spell where we were well on top was that I had this nagging feeling that we had to score a second during that period.

A few others around me commented on this too. It was that feeling that we knew that the spell wouldn’t last long and that Lincoln would get back on top before the end of the match and if the score was still 1-0, we wouldn’t see the game out.

We were right and I’d be willing to bet a lot of other fans felt like this as well.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Like we were with Wing when he cut through the Cambridge defence to create a one on one?

That type of forgiving?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The problem I found when we were on top for that 10 minute spell where we were well on top was that I had this nagging feeling that we had to score a second during that period.

A few others around me commented on this too. It was that feeling that we knew that the spell wouldn’t last long and that Lincoln would get back on top before the end of the match and if the score was still 1-0, we wouldn’t see the game out.

We were right and I’d be willing to bet a lot of other fans felt like this as well.

Bang on. I said the same.

• Like 1

The fans got behind the team after a couple of runs from Bashiru that simply did what the fans wanted to see...Wednesday going forward, Iorfa for the first time for ages using the space in front to go into, rather than look for a square pass...simply Wednesday on the front foot.

fans are sick of the fear and respect we give to to teams at hillsborough.

There are NO good teams in this league, including ourselves, so you simply have to bring the fans into the game at Hillsborough, and it has to come from the team, cos the fans have been hit over the head far too many times to generate the passion without a catalyst.

If that catalyst simply comes from players having the confidence to use a space in front of them?....its not too much to ask is it?

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

Again today we had 10 minutes looking good when we scored, with Dennis and Fisayo running at Lincoln, it was something for the crowd to get behind. This pair are the biggest positive this season so far imo, but will that 10 minute period influence what we need to be doing? i.e play like that for 90 minutes because if we do we’ll win games.

It was nearer to 20 minutes to be fair.

We played well at the end of the Cambridge game after changes were made. We played well yesterday after changes were made. We played well against Wigan away. 

There is a consistency to when we're playing well. 

The team that ended the game against Cambridge should have been the team that came out onto the pitch yesterday. 

The formation should be the one we used against Wigan. 

Maybe then we would play well for most of the 90 minutes. 

• Thanks 1

I think it was a bit more than 10 minutes, generally second half we played ok and we just needed that 2nd goal when we was well on top, Lincoln seemed to get there goal out of nowhere when they were hardly a threat. 

First half was very poor once again, only getting a foothold in game just before half time when we started creating something. 

Disappointing result but they were a few positives from game, another good performance from Dele-Bashiru and we looked a bit stronger in middle with Adeniran, these 2 with Bannan look to be our best midfield if we stick with this I think we'll improve over games eventually. 

Up front we look a bit lightweight with Gregory and especially  Berahino who I thought was disappointing, Theo looked a lot more of a threat and maybe we should have brought him on much earlier in game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

The fans got behind the team after a couple of runs from Bashiru that simply did what the fans wanted to see...Wednesday going forward, Iorfa for the first time for ages using the space in front to go into, rather than look for a square pass...simply Wednesday on the front foot.

fans are sick of the fear and respect we give to to teams at hillsborough.

There are NO good teams in this league, including ourselves, so you simply have to bring the fans into the game at Hillsborough, and it has to come from the team, cos the fans have been hit over the head far too many times to generate the passion without a catalyst.

If that catalyst simply comes from players having the confidence to use a space in front of them?....its not too much to ask is it?

100% bang on Asteener