Dominic Iorfa

There was that clip doing the rounds earlier today.

Poor backpass from Palmer and then Iorfa gets it and has zero awareness.

Gets robbed of the ball and they nearly score.

It's just basic mistakes.

2 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Just having a tough patch, every player has them, I believe we'll see the Dom that we know back again soon

I’m not  just saying it because of current form but I’ve never seen the player that some see. Since he’s been here he’s pretty much been the same. Positionally poor, clumsy and switches off. He sometimes makes up for that with his pace and last ditch recoveries. He isn’t my type of defender 

2 hours ago, Blatter said:

Lost faith in the way he’s being told to play and disillusionment with the whole set up. Not the only one judging by today’s performance.  

'Hey Dom, I think you've looked a little shaky in the last couple of games so I want to put you at ease today, you'll be playing CB in a back 3 alongside Palmer and Marvin Johnson.'

lol

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Charlton away next to Hutch is the best he’s looked to me. 

Defender looks good playing against a crap team in relegation zone and one of the lowest scoring teams in the division. Hardly a glowing endorsement.

If you play to win 1.0 every week, then it doesn’t come off individual mistakes and performances get scrutinised.

don’t blame the player, blame the system and thought process of his manager.

the defence is under constant unneeded pressure from our set up, all the players to relieve that pressure are sat twiddling there fingers on the bench.

best form of defence is attack

• Like 1

I think people have some weird idea that he used to be Paolo Maldini.

He was always a hapless player whose physical attributes and commitment got him and us out of trouble. All in all a good, non ball playing defender. 

All that's changed is the people around him and the manager managing him. 

Just now, Owls2k said:

I think people have some weird idea that he used to be Paolo Maldini.

He was always a hapless player whose physical attributes and commitment got him and us out of trouble. All in all a good, non ball playing defender. 

All that's changed is the people around him and the manager managing him. 

Not too dissimilar to the bloke managing him...which makes it all the more hilarious that we've got him trying to play it out from the back.

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Not too dissimilar to the bloke managing him...which makes it all the more hilarious that we've got him trying to play it out from the back.

Hutch is the only one capable of it, he's a proper footballer. The rest have no chance. 

Completely the wrong tactic with these players. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

We had this with Tom Lees. 

One week playing in a back 4 next week a back 3.

A different CB partner every week.

Asking him to play out from his own 6 yard box.

The best defences always have a settled partnership no matter what league your in.

Absolutely. Like many people say, football isn’t a complicated game, yet people like DM try to make it harder. 

8 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Just having a tough patch, every player has them, I believe we'll see the Dom that we know back again soon

To be fair it's probably this, same with Wing. Let's be honest, it's been so chaotic it's been like The Alamo at times, only a comedy version......

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SiJ said:

To honestly think we went into a game with a CB trio of Iorfa, Palmer and Johnson lol

Honestly, when managers start picking sides like that, you know they're done for.

Mind blown!

Couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

I’m not going to start questioning Big Dom…he is the sort of wholehearted player that we need within the current “ system “.

I do take your point though but I think that we should consider that he might be demoralised.

It must be soul destroying playing for a manager who simply doesn’t have a clue and then have to sit in a room and listen to him vainly trying to justify his baffling inadequacies. 
Christ, I’m depressed after listening to DM’s post match tosh….I make sure that I don’t operate heavy machinery for at least six hours after suffering one of his interviews… imagine having to listen to that for six days a week, month after month, good god .