Dominic Iorfa

He’s been awful last three games. Way below the standards we come to expect from him. Whilst his awful is still better than most of our other options we need our best players to be right on it.

What was he doing today when he allowed them in for that one on one? He loses the ball and then makes no effort whatsoever to get back in position or to try and at least breathe down their neck. He effectively gives up. 

Then in the second half he does more calamitous defending when Hunt clears off the line.

He was terrible at Cambridge and off it at AFC Wimbledon. 

I was also annoyed he didn’t make more effort to get on the end of Bannan free kick end of first half. Seemed like a bit more courage and conviction and he could have got there. 

I wonder if he’s feeling it after being out for so long and then pretty much playing every single game this season. 

It’s our younger players like FDB and Adrenian who are showing the more experienced players who to apply yourself on the pitch. 

Edited by CourteenerOwl
  • Like 6

Just now, NOT jack whitham said:

Just does not look the same player this season.

He looked really good those first four games but has been getting worse with each game that goes by.

We may have a similar situation to Lees here. Think Iorfa needs Hutchinson next to him.

• Like 5

He's not convinced me all season to be honest, although in fairness, no worse than many others.

His touch is worse, his reactions are slower, his positioning has regressed. 

I do think we have to acknowledge that we're seeing these players in unusual setups, ever changing personnel etc, it can't be helping.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

He’s been awful last three games. Way below the standards we come to expect from him. Whilst his awful is still better than most of our other options we need our best players to be right on it.

What was he doing today when he allowed them in for that one on one? He loses the ball and then makes no effort whatsoever to get back in position or to try and at least breathe down their neck. He effectively gives up. 

Then in the second half he does more calamitous defending when Hunt clears off the line.

I was also annoyed he didn’t make more effort to get on the end of Bannan free kick end of first half. Seemed like a bit more courage and conviction and he could have got there. 

I wonder if he’s feeling it after being out for so long and then pretty much playing every single game this season. 

It’s our younger players like FDB and Adrenian who are showing the more experienced players who to apply yourself on the pitch. 

He then compounded his error by going to ground after BPF had made the save, with a non-existent injury, other than going down with embarrassment, resulting in the physio coming on so he had to go off, leaving us defending the corner with no central defenders.

He just looks too casual at times. It can't be easy having to play alongside a right midfielder and a full-back in a back-3 but if anything that should make him more alert to danger. 

10 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

He looked really good those first four games but has been getting worse with each game that goes by.

We may have a similar situation to Lees here. Think Iorfa needs Hutchinson next to him.

Agree with this, when Hutchinsons back we’ll see Dom back to his best, unless Moore tries to shoehorn Hutch into midfield again

We should keep a settled back 4, Hunt Iorfa Dunkley Palmer.

Have Hutchinson instead of Dunkley in there when fit am sure we'll get better defensively, there all good defenders at this level.

Probably doesn't do Iorfa any when he sees Palmer one side of him and Johnson the other side of him.

• Like 8

Guest Derby owl
23 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

We had this with Tom Lees. 

One week playing in a back 4 next week a back 3.

A different CB partner every week.

Asking him to play out from his own 6 yard box.

The best defences always have a settled partnership no matter what league your in.

That bit about playing out from the back!

He's probably thinking here we go again, letting the opposition press us in our own half again I'm pi$$ed of with this!

35 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

If we play three at back he needs to be the right hand side center back, or should be in a two with dunkley.

Don't like him in the center of 3 with no other center half with him (today a full back and a winger)