alex neil

On 24/10/2021 at 16:58, Johnny Concrete said:

It's been mentioned before but I'd take a punt on someone like Simon Weaver at Harrogate, he's done wonders with them so far and they currently in the league 2 playoffs, added bonus he's a Wednesday fan aswell.

Harrogate have had a decent few years but it took Weaver 9 years to get his first promotion for Harrogate. I somehow don’t think our fans will be that patient with him. 

On 24/10/2021 at 23:28, scram said:

Pound for pound the best manager in football is probably Gareth Ainsworth

With their resources he should still be fighting relegation from league 2

Incredible achievement to get to the champs and be unluckily relegated

Once again they're right up there in the promotion spots

Done an incredible job

But he always seems to go under the radar

Is he someone that people recognise as doing a good job but like the Cowleys perhaps a case of the right club also

On 25/10/2021 at 12:58, malek said:

Would prefer us to go for someone who can spot and develop young talent. I can’t understand that Wednesday managers are not expected to generate some value within the squad either by signing lower league players ready to make step up or youngsters we can improve. 

If we continue with our curent transfer policy we will be in a permanent problem regarding FFP. 

I agree with the first bit as this is the league to build something, but re the second bit the likes of Adeniran, FDB, Brown, Byers and getting the younger players out on loan is looking longer term. We have to look at current, medium term and long term rather than just field an u23 side. Ideally I’d like to see a few younger attacking players in the side. 

The key factor in selecting a Manager to a club like SWFC is a Track Record of Success.

It won't guarantee success but it gives you a much higher percentage likelihood of a good outcome.

Big Jack, Sgt Wilko, Big Ron, Paul Sturrock had all won promotions.

Moore has Zero promotions on his CV and West Brom got rid of him pretty sharpish when this promotion favourites were under-performing.

Alex Neil has won promotion at Hamilton and Norwich City so he has a track record of success and is still young at just 40 years of age.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Think we all know that DC wont pay compo so it would have to be someone out of work and there aren`t that many appealing options.

Alex Neil would be an obvious choice but i am not sure he would come ..............Derek McInnes ?...............the cupboard looks quite bare of REALISTIC candidates.

He paid compo for the last manager he appointed. 

On 29/10/2021 at 08:35, Bluesteel. said:

Is he someone that people recognise as doing a good job but like the Cowleys perhaps a case of the right club also

Well its a moot point and cannot be answered until/unless he leaves

But the job he has done with one of the least resourced clubs in the professional divisions - including some conference - has been remarkable

It includes a lot of the things we seem to need - identifying players, playing in a system to suit the players, recruitment, getting the players performing to their level, working with zero budget, having an identity

2 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Think we all know that DC wont pay compo so it would have to be someone out of work and there aren`t that many appealing options.

Alex Neil would be an obvious choice but i am not sure he would come ..............Derek McInnes ?...............the cupboard looks quite bare of REALISTIC candidates.

why do you think Alex Neil wouldn’t come?? 

Alex Neil is probably the best manager out of work that suits us presently. 

Ian Holloway 

Mick McCarthy

Johnathan Woodgate 

Uwe Rosler 

Neil Harris 

Nigel Adkins 

Paul Clement 

Sol Campbell

Steve Coppell

Kieth Hill

Chris Hughton (at a push)

John Sheridan 

Martin O’Neil (optimistic)

Neil Lennon (very optimistic)

Alex Mcgleish

Paul Lambert 

Derek Mckinnes 

Mark Bowen 

Chris Coleman (optimistic)

Sam Ricketts 

A very underwhelming list, but a realistic one. 

British and Irish managers currently out of work, excluding some out of reach names like Lampard,  Allardyce, Bruce ect ect