alex neil

43 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Neither of them would touch us with a barge pole. Paul Warne had to be persuaded to take the Rotherham job and its not a job he particularly enjoys doing. Mark Robins doesn't suffer fools and honestly wouldn't be a fit with our owner in a million years.  I know for a fact that both are more than happy where they are so the chances of them coming here are  just about zero. If Moore goes do you know who Id go for - Wilders assistant at the Lane - Alan Knill. Very highly rated coach and lives in Sheffield. Im sure some of the sleuths on here will work out the common denominator between the 3 and work out how I know. 

John Breckin in disguise.

20 hours ago, Barnwood62 said:

You won’t like it there’s only one man for it Chris Wilder

Leaving aside the cross town rivalry and the fact we're a club in barely contained free fall, Wilder last managed in the premier League to much critical acclaim. He has a proven record of not working well with demanding chairman and to top it all, the last time he was here a section of our fans sang some pretty vile things about his daughter.

In what alternative dimension would he ever consider coming here? 

18 hours ago, shandypants said:

🤮 No way. He’s the most anti-football manager there is. He’s not happy unless his players are rolling around feigning injury. 

Don't think he was anti-football at Norwich.

Certainly was infuriating watching Preston at times but probably as much to do with what he had to work with, I think they were consistently bottom 6 for budget in the division. 

As far as anti-football is concerned, what we are being served up now is hardly pro-football. Currently 18th for shots per game in the 3rd division and 17th for shots on target. It's a great watch! 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

As far as anti-football is concerned, what we are being served up now is hardly pro-football. Currently 18th for shots per game in the 3rd division and 17th for shots on target. It's a great watch! 

This.

Jesus wept, Man City we ain't.

Much rather watch 'route one' with a bit of goalmouth action than watching 3rd div. footballers try to play Champions League football. It's crazy.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, markg said:

Would make Moore’s style of play look like Pep’s

Norwich scored 44 in 22 games in the season he took over mid-season.

Preston were hard to watch under him but possibly due to what he had to work with. He'd have a decent standard League One side to work with here. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Preston were hard to watch under him but possibly due to what he had to work with. He'd have a decent standard League One side to work with here. 

Yeah good point. He might have had to adapt a lot at Preston. 

Guest Derby owl

To be honest it could be 'Johnny english ' in charge it dont matter, we just want to see a team with players in right positions, stop letting late goals in, settled back four, and to win some games...

Thats just for starters!

37 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

This.

Jesus wept, Man City we ain't.

Much rather watch 'route one' with a bit of goalmouth action than watching 3rd div. footballers try to play Champions League football. It's crazy.

95% of teams in this league play 442 or something similar , getting ball forward much quicker using pace down flanks gets goals gets excitement gets a good chance of top 6 . playing this style what clearly the players hate is going to get an extreme toxic atmosphere ,loss of crowds and at best mid table. i like darren as a person id sooner that he is removed now before the abuse starts , i was fuming yet again yesterday its so bloody obvious to all of us its not working and never will, he is the only person there what must thing differently . why we are having wilder holloway calls is just unreal 1 is a circus clown the other bloody hates us . alex neil is a proven manager who knows what he is doing , any better ideas on our budget im all ears. chansiri might not be able to sack darren as that might push us over ffp ive no idea.

49 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Or it might be that he was told he had to play a certain way at Norwich, and with Preston he reverted to type.

Either way, he was sacked by Preston after a poor run of form. Really don't know why anyone thinks he would do any better with us. McCarthy, Adkins, Neill.......... People are just throwing names of unemployed managers around.

2 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Or it might be that he was told he had to play a certain way at Norwich, and with Preston he reverted to type.

Either way, he was sacked by Preston after a poor run of form. Really don't know why anyone thinks he would do any better with us. McCarthy, Adkins, Neill.......... People are just throwing names of unemployed managers around.

not sure he was sacked , think it was more of a clash regards going forward budget etc . 

1 minute ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

So Norwich told him how to play and he didn't want to do that but stuck by it due to pressure from above and just happened to see his team score 44 goals in 22 games against his will?

Preston sacked him when they were 16th in the table having previously finished 7th, 14th and 9th under him. They will do well to finish higher than that this season, currently 19th. 

People are looking for options because it is currently dire, the team is not gelling under this manager as was planned and the formations, approach and selections are a joke at times. 

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So Norwich told him how to play and he didn't want to do that but stuck by it due to pressure from above and just happened to see his team score 44 goals in 22 games against his will?

I honestly don't know. But Norwich have a particular organisation, philosophy and way of playing which the manager has to buy into. So I'm not convinced it was all down to him.

20 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

People are looking for options because it is currently dire, the team is not gelling under this manager as was planned and the formations, approach and selections are a joke at times. 

I agree people are looking for options. My problem is that changing horses mid stream is risky and there's no guarantee that any replacement will be an improvement. Looking at candidates like Neill, McCarthy and Adkins there's nothing in their recent track records that gives me any confidence they'd do any better than Darren Moore.

I know we're frustrated and that that DM has a lot to prove. But we're still 9th, we've only lost 3 games all season and only one in the last seven. The wheels have not fallen off, so after the last few seasons I'm wary about any course of action which may destabilise us and tip us into another downward trajectory. 

3 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I honestly don't know. But Norwich have a particular organisation, philosophy and way of playing which the manager has to buy into. So I'm not convinced it was all down to him.

I agree people are looking for options. My problem is that changing horses mid stream is risky and there's no guarantee that any replacement will be an improvement. Looking at candidates like Neill, McCarthy and Adkins there's nothing in their recent track records that gives me any confidence they'd do any better than Darren Moore.

I know we're frustrated and that that DM has a lot to prove. But we're still 9th, we've only lost 3 games all season and only one in the last seven. The wheels have not fallen off, so after the last few seasons I'm wary about any course of action which may destabilise us and tip us into another downward trajectory. 

We are losing touch with the teams above us though. 

Not many above us would only take 3 points from a run of games like Wimbledon, Cambridge and Lincoln. 

Moore is losing his way, we are getting worse not better.

Neill had a decent track record in terms of Preston always being bottom 6 in the Championship for budget and regularly finishing higher than that. 

Prior to that he got Norwich promoted in half a season in charge.

No guarantee for sure, but the only certainty with us at the moment is that the performance will be as disjointed as we'd expect from the selections made.