WEDNESDAY - v - LINCOLN CITY - omdt

Hoping that the encouraging signs from the last two away games are repeated and amplified to give the long suffering home crowd something to sing and shout about on this grey and chilly day to keep us all warm.

That's the hope.

Fully expecting the reality being to watch us spend the majority of the game camped in our own half as Lincoln press us back and force us into giving the ball away, panicked clearances and just generally enjoy themselves on their day out at Hillsborough.

Also hoping the above paragraph is wrong and we finally thump a fellow third tier team by 3 or 4 goals to nil and get motoring up the league.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

Second game in a row snoots has been mia. Missing more games than luongo.

Hope he’s ok. 

Problems with the roof at Snooty Towers after some recent high winds. 

Even at midnight he had Stubbs up an extended ladder nailing down a tarp and also  checking the worsening war-time damage to the battlements. 

Needless to say he didn't trust Stubbs without the closest supervision. 

• Haha 1

Pretty much a third of the way through the season today. Anything less than a convincing win and performance and surely……surely……..surely the writing is on the wall for Darren Moore

Edited by Django

4 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Is this the day the tide turns? 

Me and the Grandson always go on the South. Only time we've e ever been on the North we beat Preston 4-1 and Athde scored a wordie. He asked at the last game if we could try the North again, I'm a bit dubious, lack of legroom, a distinct lack of Werthers and also a bit shouty. 

However, what the little blighter asks for he always gets so the North stand has been booked and if we win that's where we will remain. 

Up the Owls

More leg room ont north than south unless your on a gangway. 

UTO

• Like 1

Looking forward to this one. 
I like a full away end, like the Bolton game, it creates an atmosphere & gets people buzzing. 
Hopefully we raise our game higher than they will undoubtedly raise theirs.

Scoring first has to happen, but I’d cope with conceding first if we were to then witness a long overdue coming from behind.

The wife would enjoy this too……..

Always hated them horrible bitter little sweets called Imps anyway.

2-1 to us.

UTO. 

6 hours ago, Gresh said:

The natives are getting restless and we'll need to win to keep them at bay. I'm backing us to do just that with a comfortable 2 v 0 win.

2-0, you might be right. COMFORTABLE - not a chance. Last time I felt comfortable watching Wednesday was Dec 66 when we thumped Chelsea 6-1.

Thanks Snoots.

I honestly don’t get the feeling that today will see any kind of particular improvement in form. I think we will start with the same formation and play quite badly. Despite that we will squeak a win. Which will mean we will stick with our current tactics until Christmas.

Hope I’m wrong and we play 442 and steamroller this bunch of farmers….

Big game today, and with only 2 points from the last two games, it puts pressure of the team to deliver 3 points.

I'm past this 'players are still getting to know each other' rubbish. We need to be drilled from 5-days/week on the training pitch with a plan to get promoted - that should be the objective, anything else is failure IMO. Moore knows this, but I hope it's not influencing him in a negative way, with this own-half defensive possession game he's developed.

2-1; and hanging on but we get over the line against a tough Lincoln team, with a good and presumably noisy backing. We are though at home, and should take this game to them.