MAYBE OUR BEST TEAM THIS SEASON ?

The side at full time V Cambridge is probably our best at the minute IMO.

Especially when we have the likes of Windass and Luongo coming into the team in the following couple of months which will make the team a better set up. I personally do not think we should play Wing or Brown in the first team as they are weak links.

Paterson is Ok in this league but when he is closely marked as V Cambridge he throws a wobbly and does sweet FA.

The one player In the peripheral would be Corbeanu who always looks as though he will run at the opposition.

Even though there is a lot of negative comments on all SWFC forums, I personally believe there is a lot to look forward to in the coming months, as we should only get better as the season enfolds.

• Like 3

Corbeanu came on vs Shresbury at home when we were trying to get the winner. He looked really poor that day and hasn't played since in the league. I think this is why Moore has not given him game time since then. 

However, he did look better vs Mansfield and maybe just needs the confidence too. He seemed eager to impress that game, like FDB has last few games. Give the young lads a chance Dazza!! Not like the older players are ripping league up.

Edited by CourteenerOwl

4 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Corbeanu came on vs Shresbury at home when we were trying to get the winner. He looked really poor that day and hasn't played since in the league. I think this is why Moore has not given him game time since then. 

However, he did look better vs Mansfield and maybe just needs the confidence too. He seemed eager to impress that game, like FDB has last few games. Give the young lads a chance Dazza!! Not like the older players are ripping league up.

A lot of the issues with some of these is their eagerness to score a goal, once they do, they should calm right down. I expect FDB to be a lot calmer next game now he's bagged one.

Just now, Tewkesbury said:

A lot of the issues with some of these is their eagerness to score a goal, once they do, they should calm right down. I expect FDB to be a lot calmer next game now he's bagged one.

FDB could be really good this season. Been very impressed last two games by him. He just needs to learn to not drift out of games for long spells and keep being assertive  and demanding the ball.

There was a lot of hype about Liam Shaw, but FDB has miles more potential. I bet he is out of contract too?

Corbeanu vs Shrewsbury looked scared if you remember the game? He just hogged the touchline and seemed to not want the ball? Vs Mansfield much better and was assertive. Hopefully just a one off vs Shrewsbury.

3 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

FDB could be really good this season. Been very impressed last two games by him. He just needs to learn to not drift out of games for long spells and keep being assertive  and demanding the ball.

There was a lot of hype about Liam Shaw, but FDB has miles more potential. I bet he is out of contract too?

Corbeanu vs Shrewsbury looked scared if you remember the game? He just hogged the touchline and seemed to not want the ball? Vs Mansfield much better and was assertive. Hopefully just a one off vs Shrewsbury.

Shrewsbury, he was never going to do well. Shrewsbury were on top, and double teaming him every time he got the ball.

Most of the times he got the ball he was under pressure. Hunt's a bugger for it. When he's under pressure he'll pass to whoever's closest, even if they're double marked.

1 minute ago, Tewkesbury said:

Shrewsbury, he was never going to do well. Shrewsbury were on top, and double teaming him every time he got the ball.

Most of the times he got the ball he was under pressure. Hunt's a bugger for it. When he's under pressure he'll pass to whoever's closest, even if they're double marked.

Yeah good point, Hunt was not helpful at all for Corebanu that game.