SPOILERS - discussion on Bond NTTD ending

Holmowl

James Bond died...007 didn't. 

Bond Franchise Lives On:

A. 'Bond' remakes of back catalogue and new screenplays, new stories featuring James Bond 007.

B. 007: Licence to Kill: New 007 can be literally anyone, gender, colour, class etc. 

Win-Win as long as the writing and acting are up to scratch and there isn't overkill on the number of films released. 

On 21/12/2021 at 07:57, Roy Of The Roasters said:

It makes you wonder, though, whether it was a one off, or a bit of an 'outlier' to gauge public reaction.

Personally, it didn't work for me.

No chance you could build a new 007 franchise around that character.

She just wasn't a particularly nice character. Not that Bond is an overly nice bloke, but he has that charm and charisma.

I think we will get a reboot or someit. 

The name James Bond, will be a code name

We will get a new modern James Bond

The new guy will be young, around 30, and more than likely be someone who is up and coming, he won't be a household name, similar to Craig when he was hired

Idris is too old, Hardy has the rugedness but not the sophistication, Hiddleston is likeable but definitely not a Bond

My wife wants the Bridgerton actor

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

24 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

The name James Bond, will be a code name

We will get a new modern James Bond

The new guy will be young, around 30, and more than likely be someone who is up and coming, he won't be a household name, similar to Craig when he was hired

Idris is too old, Hardy has the rugedness but not the sophistication, Hiddleston is likeable but definitely not a Bond

My wife wants the Bridgerton actor

I think all women want the Bridgerton actor, he's got a couple of Hollywood action films coming up, I reckon he becomes the favourite if good. 

No matter how many times you say it or think about it, you still can't believe it

They killed James Bond

The more you right it, the more obscene it gets

They killed James Bond

James Bond is dead

He's dead 

Bond is actually dead

Somebody decided to kill off Bond- it's shameful

It's like the person that finally sells off the family heirloom, passed down generations, and they were the one to sell it/kill Bond 

On 28/12/2021 at 23:10, Ellis Rimmer said:

No matter how many times you say it or think about it, you still can't believe it

They killed James Bond

The more you right it, the more obscene it gets

They killed James Bond

James Bond is dead

He's dead 

Bond is actually dead

Somebody decided to kill off Bond- it's shameful

It's like the person that finally sells off the family heirloom, passed down generations, and they were the one to sell it/kill Bond 

I'm still thinking about this. It still bothers me.

Apart from the shock value, what was the point in killing James Bond?

Everyone knows the deal with the character..he gets into scrapes, shags a few women and kills the baddies.

Yes, he could do with a bit of modernising, no problem with him being in a long term relationship or having a sprog even. 

You obviously have to suspend belief, he would be in his 80's now for God sake if you take his age in the first film.

Unless they completely ignore his death in the next film, then they have boxed themselves into a corner here. If they ignore it - what was the point in the first place?

• Like 2