Man of the match & ratings - CAMBRIDGE (A)

Man of the match   

223 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the match

• Peacock-Farrell
    • Hunt
    • Johnson
    • Palmer
    • Iorfa
    • Dunkley
    • Dele-Bashiru
    • Bannan
    • Paterson
    • Gregory
    • Wing
    • Adeniran
    • Berahino
    • Shodipo

Dele for me. No brainer.

Please continue to play him with Adeniran and Baz. Lets give them a run of games, look to build some understanding.

Collectively they have all the attributes of a good midfield trio. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 8

Ratings:

BPF - 6  Did well against the wind.  Corners were shots on target in the first half. 

Palmer - 8  Very good game.  Calm, read the game well and drove forward. 

Iorfa 5 - Lost almost all his headers.  

Dunkley 5 - Lost the physical battle and can’t pass.  Good block in the 1st half. 

Johnson 3 - One good cross.  One good shot.  Terrible defensively and seemed to refuse to get forward when needed at times.  Terrible passing.  Looked injured or tired. 

Hunt 7 - His shift to right wing back worked well and he was our focus for 30 mins.  Slow to get crossed in but had some good moments.  

Bannan 7 - Great touches. High energy.  Led from the front.  Got us out of trouble with his neat passing.  

Fizz 8 - Good runs.  Great dribble and hit the post.  Top finish.  A talent. 

Wing 4 - Awful game.  Tried to make passes and take shots but they were all bad.  No confidence with his 1 on 1. 

Paterson 6 - Worked hard for little reward. 

Gregory 7 - worked hard.  Created a couple of chances.  Chased well. 

Subs:

Adeniran 7 - Defent when he came on.  Nearly won it for us with a header.  

Berahino 8 - Amazing assist.  Good movement.  A threat. 

Shodipo 7 - Good display.  Got at them but couldn’t find a finish when needed. 

Moore 6 - Poor first half tactics to allow Cambridge to pen us in with the wind.  Good subs and tactical changes. 

MOM - Palmer 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Indeed, couple excellent clearances from Palmer where a goal looked inevitable as they usually 18 yard box pin ball commenced. 

Bannan kept us ticking. 

Young Dele growing. 

The much maligned Dunkley won a great number of defensive headers.

• Like 4

I’ve made my feelings known on our lack of tactical identity and our apparent mentality vacuum. But my god, why at the outset of a match do we still look startled at the oppositions desire to f@ck us over and send us packing. We need to be riled up and ready for a scrap before the game starts, not just managing to find some grit in the final ten minutes.

• Like 6

Wondered what on earth I was watching for the first 35 minutes. The second half was much better, we looked by far the better team - but shame we were half asleep. Two games we should have won if we could keep performance levels up over 90 minutes.

Peacock-Farrell: 7 - after a shaky start he did well in the first half against the wind. Smart save just before the equaliser.

Iorfa: 6 - Okay, but needed to assert himself on game sooner.

Dunkley: 7 - Solid, battling performance. 

Palmer: 7 - Consistent, did well, very unlucky at the end with his header.

Hunt: 6.5 - Saw a lot of the ball down the right, didn't do much with it.

Johnson: 6.5 - Not terrible, but not amazing either, had one good shot.

Bannan: 8 - Was getting more and more wound up in first half, but came out second half and created chance after chance. Quality.

Wing: 5 - Another boots on back-to-front kind of game. Strange though, as I am still convinced he's a good player. Despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Dele-Bashiru: 8 - I thought he was miles off the pace last season, but he has really kicked on these last two games and well done for a smartly taken first club goal. MoM

Paterson: 6 - Huffed and puffed but not a lot else

Gregory: 6 - Nothing really fell for him today.

Adeniran: 6.5 - We looked better when he came on

Berahino: 7.5 - Great flick to set up the equaliser

Shodipo: 6 - Poor shot at the end, hasn't made much happen yet has he?

Still - a point gained from a losing position. Our second in 2 seasons!

• Like 3

Close between Bannan and Fizz because of his excellent and vital goal, but Bannan gets my MoM.

Peacock-Farrell: 7 

Iorfa: 7

Dunkley: 6

Palmer: 7 

Hunt: 7

Johnson: 6

Bannan: 8.5

Wing: 4

Dele-Bashiru: 8 

Paterson: 6

Gregory: 5

Adeniran: 7

Berahino: 6

Shodipo: 4

Peacock-Farrell: 7 - Did everything asked of him, in windy conditions. Distribution was good.

Iorfa: 4 - disappointed with his performance. Looked like he wanted to swan around instead of battling.

Dunkley: 6 - did well, stuck to the task.

Palmer: 7 - read the game really well in his Walker role and did well at RB.

Hunt: 5 - wanted the ball and put a shift in, but wasteful and crossing was poor.

Johnson: 5 - ok, surely he’s a better player than he’s currently showing.

Bannan: 7 - man marked, but got around well.

Wing: 4 - poor night. Didn’t know what to do when 1on1, so did nothing. You don’t get better chances than that.

Dele-Bashiru: 8 - mom for me. Very promising couple of games, a real goal threat.

Paterson: 5 - petulant and ineffective.

Gregory: 5 - little impact on the game, although occasionally held up well and found a teammate.

Adeniran: 7 - looked superb in partnership with FDB. 

Berahino: 6 - looked sharp and made himself available.

Shodipo: 5 - good endeavour, needs a goal to boost confidence.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Indeed, couple excellent clearances from Palmer where a goal looked inevitable as they usually 18 yard box pin ball commenced. 

Bannan kept us ticking. 

Young Dele growing. 

The much maligned Dunkley won a great number of defensive headers.

Did you not think Dunkley was very lucky not to be repeatedly penalised from levering players around by their arms?  Maybe he was being smart about it but it didn't look it on TV. Ref only gave one of about eight seperate arm grapples. 

Once again a very poor first half we only clicked after wholesale changes to personal and system.p

BPF . 7.  Started very flappy but improved after the shakey start. Difficult conditions for the keeper.

Hunt.  6 .  Thought he did OK. Was a bit unlucky to be subbed.

Iorfa.  4.5  I thought he was very poor, he was all over the place and out of position most of the time.

Dunkley.  6  Better than of late but looked like he was playing sweeper first half. Made a couple of good blocks.

Palmer. 6. Played better when switched to right wing back, nearly scored with the header.

Johnson. 5. Weak defensively and wasted a couple of crosses.

Bannan 7. Started as holding midfielder and his talent is wasted on that role. Moved further forward second half and controlled the game. As usual some sublime passing when more advanced.

Dele. 8.5  Very powerful display, still a bit raw but strong, shows for and can carry the ball, gets in the box to help the attack. Hit the post and scored. 

Wing. 3.  Opposite of Dele tonite, weak with poor passing, had little presence. Rightly subbed.

Paterson.  4. Looked more interested in winding the ref and the opposition up than playing.

Gregory. 5  worked hard but nothing came off, didn't think Pato helped him much.

Adeniran. 6.  Made a big difference in central midfield, along with Dele made the midfield more solid.

Berahino  5. Didn't do much, so far been unimpressed.

• Like 2

I would hope something close to the 11 who finished will be the starters on Saturday.

I honestly thought there was a period in the second half when the team showed the promise that many think it has.

For me selection and tactics are key, the players are almost all good enough.

• Like 1