your Team v Lincoln

In an exercise to explore the criticism of Moore for not knowing his best formation or starting XI - 

In the respondents so far - 5 different formations (assuming 3-5-2 and 5-3-2 are different sides of the same coin) and 19 players mentioned!

Statistically the most popular players (more than 15 votes)

BPF

Iorfa

Dunkley

Palmer

Hunt

FDB

Bannan

Dennis

Gregory 

Then Theo, Berhino and Shodipo all around 10.

Surprisingly perhaps Paterson only on 4.

Conclusions - this survey roughly replicates our various starting XI's so far, so you could say both Moore and this small sample can't make their mind up on our best team OR Chansiri might as well sack Moore and let us take it in turns to pick the side. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Bpf

Hunt iorfa dunk palmer

Dennis

fdb                 bannan

Pato

Theo  gregory

At home vs 15th so should attack, play theo in a diamond/4312, some pace upfront could be the key.

If it has to be a 'safe' flat 442/4411 bannan on left, theo right

• Thanks 1

I have no idea what formation or tactics Moore will employ for this game.

Last two game though we have definitely been a lot better going forward and created more chances. Could just be the opposition were poor, could be we have improved.

If Moore is to win some fans back I think two changes have to be made immediately and that is Wing and Patterson out. Wing was appalling last two games. Has to be taken out to send the right message.

Patterson very much the same reason. He just has been very meh the last two games, offering not a lot really other than looking overweight and like a pub player.

Not a huge fan of Berahino. However he did set the goal up and cannot do any worse than Patterson.

I would bring him in for Patterson. I would bring Adrenian in for Wing. Possibly Brown for Johnson.

17 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

I have no idea what formation or tactics Moore will employ for this game.

Last two game though we have definitely been a lot better going forward and created more chances. Could just be the opposition were poor, could be we have improved.

If Moore is to win some fans back I think two changes have to be made immediately and that is Wing and Patterson out. Wing was appalling last two games. Has to be taken out to send the right message.

Patterson very much the same reason. He just has been very meh the last two games, offering not a lot really other than looking overweight and like a pub player.

Not a huge fan of Berahino. However he did set the goal up and cannot do any worse than Patterson.

I would bring him in for Patterson. I would bring Adrenian in for Wing. Possibly Brown for Johnson.

Here's the stats from Gregory and Paterson, they are more or less the same player taking into consideration the extra 30 minutes Gregory had.

Gregory:

image.png.352fdfffc44b6ed43553cf2153487641.png

Paterson:

image.png.2a4b0502f98d046090af2c01e008dea5.png

2 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Here's the stats from Gregory and Paterson, they are more or less the same player taking into consideration the extra 30 minutes Gregory had.

Gregory:

image.png.352fdfffc44b6ed43553cf2153487641.png

Paterson:

image.png.2a4b0502f98d046090af2c01e008dea5.png

Just shows how stats can be misleading, because Gregory is twice the player Patterson will ever be. Also Gregory has 5 goals and Patterson 1?

Edited by CourteenerOwl

6 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Just shows how stats can be misleading, because Gregory is twice the player Patterson will ever be. Also Gregory has 5 goals and Patterson 1?

Here's goals to shots on target:

image.png.dc7f61705d8c30619d6040c20c05b8a8.png

They still look about the same, given the opportunities.

1 minute ago, Tewkesbury said:

Here's goals to shots on target:

image.png.dc7f61705d8c30619d6040c20c05b8a8.png

They still look about the same, given the opportunities.

You seem to be missing the most important stat lol

Goals scored!!!

Like saying Dawson is not too bad because he caught more balls than BPF and ignoring the fact he conceded 100 more.

7 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Goals scored!!!

Like saying Dawson is not too bad because he caught more balls than BPF and ignoring the fact he conceded 100 more.

You can only score when you're on the pitch.

It's more like you're saying Wildsmith's better than BPF because he's only conceded 1.

6 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Goals scored!!!

Couldn’t agree more. Apart from goals and assists the rest aren’t worth a carrot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

You can only score when you're on the pitch.

It's more like you're saying Wildsmith's better than BPF because he's only conceded 1.

If Patterson was any good he would be on the pitch more often though.

Stats don't include movement and link up play.

12 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

If Patterson was any good he would be on the pitch more often though.

Stats don't include movement and link up play.

Link up play's on there with passes, crosses and key passes, and surely you'll get more touches if you have good movement?

Surely winning duels and how often you lose possession is a good indicator of your hold up and link play?

Also, I think that everyone will agree, whether you're any good or not bears no relation to playing time this season.

4 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Link up play's on there with passes, crosses and key passes, and surely you'll get more touches if you have good movement?

Surely winning duels and how often you lose possession is a good indicator of your hold up and link play?

Also, I think that everyone will agree, whether you're any good or not bears no relation to playing time this season.

Just judge with my eyes mate and imo Gregory is miles better than Patterson.