League Position Isn’t Too Bad Considering

15 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

You're joking surely?  Nearly a third of the season gone and Moore still hasn't got a clue what his best starting X1 is.

Well that’s exactly my point…I think it’s starting to become clearer now.

I can tell you for nothing that a new manager definitely wouldn’t know his best XI

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

You're joking surely?  Nearly a third of the season gone and Moore still hasn't got a clue what his best starting X1 is.

Josh , Luongo and Hutchinson all walk into any best X1 for me,  hard to even suggest what our best could be right now ,  I would definitely say he hasn’t got a clue how to pick a best X1 out of what’s currently available to him though 

Just now, McRightSide said:

Well that’s exactly my point…I think it’s starting to become clearer now.

I can tell you for nothing that a new manager definitely wouldn’t know his best XI

It might be clear to most of us and has been for some time but I don't think it is to the manager. It's like he's wearing blinkers.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BIG D said:

13 games played, only 5 at home.

If only we can put a good run of results together up to the end of Nov.

We also have home games in the FA Cup and EFL Trophy to go in with that lot. 

Lincoln H

Cheltenham A

Sunderland H

Gillingham H

Accrington A

MK Dons H

Wycombe H

The thing is we keep saying that 'if we can just'

Moore had a real chance of stringing the wins together after we luckily beat Bolton with Wimbledon & Cambridge to come who were struggling.

We roll into town and they take the p*ss outta us.

We're going nowhere with this guy in charge ... get rid now & try and save the season DC

• Like 2

If the target was top two at the start of the season the league table is pretty bad I’d say.

We’re nearly as close to relegation as automatic promotion… we’re 8 points from automatic promotion, 9 points from the relegation zone. Sunderland and Wigan both have a game in hand too.

I’ve just about about written off top 2 already but I still think we can be in the mix for the top 6

• Like 3

For crying out loud, we are a mess. Take away the points we got early on and we are a lower mid table team. I keep hoping we get an Everton miracle similar to when Kendall was on the plank and they won at Oxford, but Howard Kendall had a clue and I don't think Darren Moore does. We think we have a squad that should be challenging at the top end of the table, if that is correct then there is something really wrong here and alarm bells should be ringing. A point at Cambridge is very poor and on the back of throwing away a two goal lead at Wimbledon even I would be looking for the chop for Moore if we get turned over by Lincoln at home.

• Like 1

We had a major rebuild in the summer and on the face of it the players that were signed were top drawer for this level. That said the vast majority haven’t played at this level and it shows.

Look at the team’s challenging for promotion and this tells you all you need to know. Rotherham and Wycombe despite being with us in the championship last season are a perfect case in point.

We’ll get better. Personally I think if we can be in and around 35-40 points at the halfway point then we should be set fair to make a play-off push in the second half of the season. I feel our squad size will be the deciding factor in the end.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BIG D said:

13 games played, only 5 at home.

If only we can put a good run of results together up to the end of Nov.

We also have home games in the FA Cup and EFL Trophy to go in with that lot. 

Lincoln H

Cheltenham A

Sunderland H

Gillingham H

Accrington A

MK Dons H

Wycombe H

We've just played teams 15th and 16th in league and can't beat them, making us look second best for large parts of the game.

What makes you think we can put a run together?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Part of the reason why I’m not wetting the bed 

To me we finally start to be shaping a best XI…and we haven’t lost touch 

really sunderland are out of sight and with game in hand .the top 2 forget it , top 6 are also pulling away by dec 1st again that be out of sight. the season aint far from been over unless action is taken now. 

• Like 2

I really hope you're right, and that the team starts to gel soon and give it their all from the first minute, not just the remaining ten.

Agreed.

I think we've lost just once in the last seven league games, and we're just 2 points outside the playoffs.

I'm as frustrated as anyone else about the silly mistakes and inability to close games out, but I've also seen reasons for optimism. And I'm encouraged that we actually came back from a goal down yesterday.

We were never going to click immediately but there are signs we're getting there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Look at the team’s challenging for promotion and this tells you all you need to know. Rotherham and Wycombe despite being with us in the championship last season are a perfect case in point.

Both have got long term managers of course. Whose clubs stuck with them during difficult times.

Maybe there's a lesson there.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Both have got long term managers of course. Whose clubs stuck with them during difficult times.

Maybe there's a lesson there.

Agreed. Why is it we think we deserve to 'walk the league'?

We've been on a downward trajectory since the playoff semi! 

What we need to do is ride the storm for a bit and hopefully in January we can press on again and be somewhere near the playoffs with a bit of luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anthndav said:

Wednesday fans:

I want young hungry players willing to have a go.

DM:

Signs promising players. 

Learning what they are all about.

Wednesday fans:

Why aren't we top of the league yet!

Totally expecting the so called experts on here to go apoplectic but this is a long term project with Moore.

Look at us getting the youngsters out on Loan. Yes it’s non-league football but it’s competitive men’s football so there development is being fast tracked than it was before. Some were screaming for this, we’re now getting it and some still aren’t happy.

Yes the start hasn’t been fantastic but it could easily have been better given a bit of care and attention at crucial times. I like Moore. I’m happy for him to build a club. His hearts in it. You can see that by the way he tries to pull everyone together.

And before the usual suspects go on about me hounding Monk out. It was all about him. It was never about the club. You couldn’t get 2 more different personalities than Moore and Monk. Has Monk been close to getting a job since he was sacked here? I’d like to bet not whereas Moore could get sacked here tomorrow and would be back in work before the season’s out? That says it all for me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1