League Position Isn’t Too Bad Considering

13 games played, only 5 at home.

If only we can put a good run of results together up to the end of Nov.

We also have home games in the FA Cup and EFL Trophy to go in with that lot. 

Lincoln H

Cheltenham A

Sunderland H

Gillingham H

Accrington A

MK Dons H

Wycombe H

• Like 6

Shows how bad the league is.

That said we are now 8 points off the top 2 and 2 points outside the play offs, averaging just over 1.5 points per game, which suggests approx. 70 points over the season, comfortably outside the top 6.

Home games are great, but if we can't beat Wimbledon and Cambridge, weeing against the wind to think we're going to beat the likes of Sunderland or Wycombe, whether at home or not.

Edited by striker
  • Like 9

11 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Lincoln H

Cheltenham A

Sunderland H

Gillingham H

Accrington A

MK Dons H

Wycombe H

3 wins out of that? 

5 minutes ago, striker said:

That said we are now 8 points off the top 2 and 2 points outside the play offs, averaging just over 1.5 points per game, which suggests approx. 70 points over the season, comfortably outside the top 6.

Home games are great, but if we can't beat Wimbledon and Cambridge, weeing against the wind to think we're going to beat the likes of Sunderland or Wycombe, whether at home or not.

But we have beaten Wigan, Rotherham and the best team in the league - Bolton. 

• Like 1

Just now, JOCOWl said:

3 wins out of that? 

I know it's all ifs and buts... But think of the points thrown away already this season... Morecambe, injury time against Ipswich, Inury time against oxford, 2 up against Wimbledon, only drawing to Cambridge... 

13 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Lincoln H

Cheltenham A

Sunderland H

Gillingham H

Accrington A

MK Dons H

Wycombe H

How the fizz have we played 13 games and only played 5 at home? Looks like it’s not only the referees who are poo at their job in this league. 

I fully backed Moore and thought he had enough as a manager to make us real contenders, I was prepared to accept that the team would take time to gel with so many new additions, what I did expect to see though was gradual improvements week on week, I'm not seeing that at all, if anything were getting worse, we've just made a team that have lost their last four at home look like peak Brazil, not good enough.

• Like 8

Knowing Wednesday, we'll beat Sunderland and Wycombe, and then scrap a dour 1-1 draw against Gillingham

I don't think the reaction on here Saturday was deserved - the frustration is that Saturdays performance was only seen for around 10 minutes. Wing who played well on Saturday wasn't at the races tonight.

Saturday, we tested their keeper a few times, whereas apart from the save from Palmer and Bannan, we really didn't test the goalkeeper much this evening.

I remember we were still up there playing poorly under Alan Irvine the last time we were in this division (we completely lost it from the Bristol Rovers game in December when the form started to go out of the window), hope that doesn't happen again.

I've seen enough that when we click, we're a very good side. The click needs to happen for most of the game though, not for patches. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Part of the reason why I’m not wetting the bed 

To me we finally start to be shaping a best XI…and we haven’t lost touch 

You're joking surely?  Nearly a third of the season gone and Moore still hasn't got a clue what his best starting X1 is.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

First 20 minutes against Fleetwood and Shrewsbury is the only 2 spells when I have thought we’ve looked decent.

There have been spells where we’ve been workmanlike, but most of the time I’ve watched in despair about how clueless we look

To be fair second half against Wigan was good and the two occasions you mention but thats it, we really are clutching at straws for positives.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, striker said:

Well we’ve beaten Wigan and Bolton, so…

• Haha 3