The left hand side

Surely we have to strengthen in January? Cambridge knew it and exploited it from the off. 

Hate this 3-5-2 formation and it’s clearly not working. Niether Johnson or Brown are left backs but might be okay going forwards. When Berahino and Adeniran came on we went to a 4-4-2 and looked much brighter. 

If we don’t go with 4-4-2  on Saturday then I’m definitely moore out than in. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would guess that any number of free agents would improve our current situation in that position....... lol

Our recruitment vs our circumstances at the time was in the main part good. However, as we are now seeing it was all based around playing in a particular way, a way we can't get anywhere near delivering. Consequently we've way too many wide forward options. Add to that we clearly neglected our defensive options. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m not writing Brown off yet, he’s still young and learning his trade. Galvin is hopefully coming on as well. I agree though, we need more on that side, either from the current players improving or a January addition.

• Like 1

We’ve not had a decent left back since Pudil’s first season.

Fox did ok at times but I never thought he was the answer there either.

It’s a reflection on the recruitment that we’ve needed a left back for years and still haven’t addressed it.

Neither Brown or Johnson look like they can play left back in a back 4. So given what we’ve got I’d probably go with Hunt at right back and Palmer on the left 

• Like 2

Johnson looks well off it.

Brown can't defend.

Whether people like it or not, the best left back at the club is Palmer still...who is a right back/CB...

Not great tbh. 

• Like 2