Chances tonight (Bannon haters don’t click)

15 hours ago, 0742 said:

I think we can all agree that bannan has been an integral part of the team and the most important player since 2017.

We can all see that a large % of our play starts with him, goes through him or he's the one playing the key passes in the final 3rd.

It cannot be denied that he is our puppet master, pulling all of the strings and has been for some time. He is capable of moments of brilliance that very few others are that we've had playing for us in that time.

This is just my personal preference, but i haven't enjoyed watching us play for a long time now. I don't like how we're so one dimensional, i don't like how we set up for Bannan to have to drop so deep for the ball to get things moving forward, i don't enjoy seeing him ping hollywood balls to inept players who aren't on the same wavelength as he is, i don't enjoy seeing his captaincy style on the pitch either, one of berating others, steaming in to tackles out of position, chasing defenders down desperately when not needed.

I just don't enjoy watching a team that has bannan pulling all the strings anymore, maybe it's just fatigue of seeing the same thing over and over yet producing no different results. 

'the best player by a country mile, at a mid table 3rd tier club'. 

Someone else should try pulling the strings - like Wing perhaps, needs to learn who his team mates are first as he has had a tendency to pass to the opposition. 

11 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think 'Haters' is just a word used on the internet to describe someone who has a different opinion from me.

Think Bannan is worth his place, not sure if he is worth the £27k he is on in League 1 though.

Nobody is worth paying £22k to in the 3rd division. 

20 hours ago, FKACC said:

Cost us two goals on Saturday. 
First goal stood off the crosser along with three others.

Second goal failed to track the runner who’s shot was parried. Far too easy for opposition.

As you’ve clearly never played football I wouldn’t expect you to see it.

Well I played for Sheffield as a schoolboy 

then up to semi professional 

Finished playing at 45 due to ruptured Achilles 

So yes you are wrong again 

25 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That's how most well balanced people with a difference of opinion tend to put their point across.

Who is noshing him off? 

Maybe wasn’t my best choice of words, I’d had a few beers watching the game last night.

I like Bannan, he’s been a quality player for us over the years and he’d still be in my 11.

But listening to some on here you’d think he was irreplaceable. The main positive from the last two games has been seeing Dele come through and give us some legs and a goal threat in there

9 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Maybe wasn’t my best choice of words, I’d had a few beers watching the game last night.

I like Bannan, he’s been a quality player for us over the years and he’d still be in my 11.

But listening to some on here you’d think he was irreplaceable. The main positive from the last two games has been seeing Dele come through and give us some legs and a goal threat in there

Fair play. 👏

I think some of us, myself included at times, just like to respond to those who think he is the devil incarnate. While we've got him we might as well play him as he's better than what we've got, he does need forward runners and strong midfielders around him though, FDB and Adeniran suit the bill, think we'd be a better attacking team if we played some fast, direct wingers who make runs too, goodness knows we signed enough of them. 

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt said:

Well I played for Sheffield as a schoolboy 

then up to semi professional 

Finished playing at 45 due to ruptured Achilles 

So yes you are wrong again 

Course you did

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Someone else should try pulling the strings - like Wing perhaps, needs to learn who his team mates are first as he has had a tendency to pass to the opposition. 

Wing had a better pass completion rate than Bannan last night.

Bannan is our most creative player.

But we are a better team without bannan.

Bannan has 1 goal and 2 assists in 12 games this not a great return for the most creative player in the league. At the end of the season the only stats that matter is goals and assist.

Current Adeniran has scored 2 and set 2 up for Gregory, both came from Dennis shots, not technically assists but without the shots Gregory would not have scored.

We cannot play a 4-4-2 because with Bannan as one of the midfield two we are too weak but 4-4-2 is the best formation for the players we have.

As I said Bannan is our best player but without him in the team we will win more games. This of course won't happen because if fit he plays no matter show good, bad, or indifferent his form is.

• Love 1

41 minutes ago, FKACC said:

Wing had a better pass completion rate than Bannan last night.

From his total of 24 passes compared to Bannan's 72. At least he improved on his 62% rate from the last game. 

You'll be telling me all of Bannan's passes were to the defenders in his own half next. On that note, how many key passes did Bannan play and how many did Wing play? 

6 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Do you think he played better than Bannan? 

I think he had a better pass completion rate despite you saying he has a tendency to pass to the opposition.

On 19/10/2021 at 22:08, McRightSide said:

Wing 1 v 1 - created by Bannan

Palmer header - created by Bannan

FDB hits post - created by Bannan

Bannan shot

Bannan corner

Has @BIG Dpulked you up on your made up stats yet?

Edited by FKACC

15 hours ago, FKACC said:

I think he had a better pass completion rate despite you saying he has a tendency to pass to the opposition.

62% completion in the previous game, I'd say that can be classed as a tendency.