Bannan Fizz Dennis

Copy and posted from the other thread.

Didn’t get to see the game tonight, but when I’ve seen him (including last season) I’ve liked what he’s offered. Strength, power,  carries the ball, willingness to run off the ball and get beyond the oppositions defence. 

I think he could be a real asset with a run of games and was disappointed he didn’t get more game time last year. Still raw but will continue to improve. 

Personally I’d definitely have him and Adeniran starting where possible. Whether that’s in a 2 or a 3

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

One positive.

Surely surely surely DM. If you persevere with a central 3 (which I quite like) it Couldnt be clearer that it has to be Bannan, Fizz, Dennis. 

In fact, it could be pretty amazing.

Totally agree. I thought Bera had a good cameo.

• Haha 1

Then go a bit more direct, tuck the wide forwards in a bit more to get closer to the mian forward. Leaving an overlap option available if the opposition fullback follows the wide forward.

Those 3 have the energy to win second balls but we all know what might happen.

Hopefully he learns, I want him to succeed. If he succeeds we are all happy.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey
  • Like 4

Just now, markg said:

Agree. That’s a very good midfield and we should stick with that for a few games at least. Sick of the chopping and changing in midfield. 

pick that midfield 3 and a settled backline. If musts then rotate the rest around that 

Then we might start to see that 'gel' which gets a mention every now and then

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Then go more direct, tuck the wide forwards in a bit more to get closer to the mian forward. Leaving an overlap option available if the opposition fullback follows the wide forward.

Those 3 have the energy to win second balls but we all know what might happen.

Hopefully he learns, I want him to succeed. If he succeeds we are all happy.

Sometimes managers fall upon a system by accident (Bobby Robson 1986). 

Wing isn’t doing it. Luongo is injured. Hutch can’t play CM. Byers meh.

The power of Dennis and Deli plus the brilliance of Bannan could be the dog’s nads.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

One positive.

Surely surely surely DM. If you persevere with a central 3 (which I quite like) it Couldnt be clearer that it has to be Bannan, Fizz, Dennis. 

In fact, it could be pretty amazing.

I thought FDB was great today first touch was sharper and seems fit enough to play the full 90 - he’s worked on his weaknesses. 

The big win is how strong FDB & Ade are running with the ball, not afraid to beat there man and drive forward. Something we’ve missed ever since Lee’s departure.The issue then becomes nobody is making other runs and dragging defenders out wide….Moore’s obsession with playing Gregory/Pato/Berahino and no wingers makes the space so small as they’re all within 3ft of eachother. 

Great to see him finding form, but I’m still surprised how poor Wing has been another stinker again tonight….is he secretly a Rotherham fan? A central 3 could be an option but I’m desperate to see a different front 3! 

• Like 2

Bannan, Fizz, and Dennis in the midfield surely they are only going to head towards the opposition's goal if Fizz and Dennis can operate together with Bannan backing them up and then get the wingers operating as well. 

Windass to take over from Paterson and him playing off Gregory, altogether it could be a powerful force. 

• Like 2

Can't start Patterson and wing Saturday and never again in the same team , Patterson is sooooo fkin sluggish , wing has been just simply awful doesn't even look like he can play at this level , very awkward style