Giddings

21 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

John Pearson largely agreed with Giddings on how bad we were until we scored.

I was actally surprised that John Pearson was in agreement with most of what Andy Giddings saying. Thay must be mates ! Seriously though he did not seem to be comentating on the game I was watching. 

Edited by geriatricowl
Punctuation

I went last night. We dominated the second half and should have scored in the first. A draw was frustrating, but I believe things will click.
I watched the highlights tonight and couldn’t believe what the radio Sheffield commentator said when we equalised. It shouldn’t surprise me. That radio station have been creating unrest at S6 and whipping up the fan base for as long as I can remember. Wednesday fans fall into this trap by ringing in. Just don’t give them the satisfaction. Don’t let them use you to feed their anti-Wednesday agenda. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 20/10/2021 at 09:27, Belgradeowl said:

It is a disgrace  that he makes no attempt to disguise or hide his anti-Wednesday sentiments. Apart from anything else he is so unprofessional. Why does John Pearson spend the entire time licking his a**e by agreeing with him. Pearson is better than that and should simply turn around and tell him to do one

It’s Andy’s car and a long walk back from most away games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Glenn59 said:

Toytown fan isn't he, so expected he'll have a Gibraltar sized chip on his shoulder

Halifax. Maybe we beat them in the cup when he was a nipper and now has an unreasonable dislike for us?

I'm the same with Chelsea from them beating us in the fa cup in the nineties lol

• Like 1

On 21/10/2021 at 16:48, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Halifax. Maybe we beat them in the cup when he was a nipper and now has an unreasonable dislike for us?

I'm the same with Chelsea from them beating us in the fa cup in the nineties lol

think we did about 1975 lol

Piggings is very definitely pro-Sheffield United, and is either unwilling or unable to hide it.

I suspect it's the latter, to be fair.

IMO he's the only local journo who does show his bias.

Hog Staton has Wednesday leanings but it's not evident.

Paul Walker is a Blade, and grew up as one, but never showed it on air.

It's a pity he left the show.

Walker was very good, when I listen to someone, I don't really take into account. Who they support.

It's literally the least important factor.

The most important is, are they any good and worth listening to.

And the current line up, just arnt up to it, are horrible to listen to, bland and continue with a tired format, that's had its day.

26 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Walker was very good, when I listen to someone, I don't really take into account. Who they support.

It's literally the least important factor.

The most important is, are they any good and worth listening to.

And the current line up, just arnt up to it, are horrible to listen to, bland and continue with a tired format, that's had its day.

Local radio football phone ins have very much had their day anyway. And it’s been like that for the past 7/8 years with the rise in social media in my opinion.

Nobody wants to listen to what Brian the Blade has to say anymore. Because he’s already tweeted about it 5 minutes after the game.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 21/10/2021 at 15:50, @owlstalk said:

Christ almighty

We've entered Qanon levels of madness now

Spot on 

Where this perceived nonsense of Andy Giddings hating us has come from god only knows 

He's a Halifax fan not a SUFC fan FACT ( felt good that haven't done a capital fact for ages ) 

• Love 1

So,  telll me if I’ve got this right:

A Halifax fan; a former professional footballer (for SWFC)’ & a Rotherham fan arrange to go to the match

The Halifax fan says: “this is sh!te”

The Owls legend doesn’t  disagree (but is clearly incapable of rational independent thought & any opportunity to vocalise such)

The Millers fan can’t be @rsed & doesn’t bother going, 

(Sections of )Sheffield Wednesday fan base conclude that local radio is biased with a long standing anti ‘Owl’ agenda , staffed by (incompetent) Wednesday hating supporters of Sheffield United despite significant proportions of self same fans consistently describing their players; team; manager; club; chairman as t0ssers of the highest order (when they are losing) but just not when playing against Cambridge (for 20 minutes)

Or have I misunderstood 🤔

20 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Piggings is very definitely pro-Sheffield United, and is either unwilling or unable to hide it.

I suspect it's the latter, to be fair.

IMO he's the only local journo who does show his bias.

Hog Staton has Wednesday leanings but it's not evident.

Paul Walker is a Blade, and grew up as one, but never showed it on air.

It's a pity he left the show.

Walker used to take his young en to Hillsborough to watch Wednesday. He’s not a full blown pig