Giddings

1 hour ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

Its a local radio station. 

I think they do sound work. Never understood when folk slated it.

You don't think it is a bit poor when the professional commentator commentates that one of our players is running down the wing with the ball 5 minutes after he commentated on said player getting subbed off?

1 hour ago, Steve Down South said:

I’ve no idea why some of us get so wound up about something so trivial.  I doubt most people would pay so much attention to the commentary if the team were able to put on a half decent performance.

It's not that trivial though is it? Loads of people will have tuned in tonight to listen rather than watch and they deserve the best possible coverage. Getting players mixed up is a fairly big error. Particularly ones who have been here a while.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Unbelievably bad

Thought Bannan was Paterson

Thought Shodipo was FBD

Thought Cambridge were on top all second half until we scored

Thought the Cambridge player meant to miscontrol it - sending all SWFC players and himself in the wrong direction 

So bad it’s funny 

I can’t stand him! Is he a pig cos he loves that we are crap!

Seemed to revel in our misplaced efforts. 

Meanwhile describing their substitutes lucky bounce after a terrible first touch as "meant to do that"

Absolute testicles of course.

But there we go. 

I daresay I'd do similar if I was commentating down at S2.

Nature of the beast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You don't think it is a bit poor when the professional commentator commentates that one of our players is running down the wing with the ball 5 minutes after he commentated on said player getting subbed off?

No, I can't afford to be that focused on a witch hunt when someone makes a mistake. It happens. Its life. Its human.

The other, let's say 80 minutes of mistake free professional commentary was ace.

That's my view any road.

uto

• Haha 1

I've decided to listen to the home commentary each week. So get Rob O'Neill and Pearson at Hillsborough, but get more of a hostile away crowd for the away games. It's better than cutting away to Barnsley every five minutes for live updates on their latest corner.

It's gone from the soporific Mick Mills at Ipswich, to the two geezers at Wimbledon, and today a couple of excitable football anoraks for Cambridge. They got the Wednesday players mixed up a few times, and I think I heard 5 different pronunciations of Adeniran (none of them correct), but they called it pretty fairly and definitely acknowledged Cambridge were under the cosh second half.

• Like 2

Anyone with a complaint about him/Radio Sheffield/Around the grounds etc. etc. etc. should contact the club and complain about it, they're the ones being cheap to save money by not having dedicated commentators for away matches anymore.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

It's not that trivial though is it? Loads of people will have tuned in tonight to listen rather than watch and they deserve the best possible coverage. Getting players mixed up is a fairly big error. Particularly ones who have been here a while.

I take your point Tom, I guess it’s just not something I find particularly annoying - unlike that first half performance last night.

I think he is on the radio to remind everyone that idiots who know nothing about the game watch football too.

He was not just wrong about how the game was going or who the players were, he couldn't spot good control from bad control or recognise when it was a dangerous position.

He talks entirely in football cliches yet sounds like he's never been to a game before. 

If he is ever on again im going to try the home commentary option next time.