Giddings

I was listening to the commentators and they weren’t much better.

Think there forgetting that people are actually watching the match there commentating on now. 

Before when it was just radio they could say what they wanted and you’d have to take there word for it. 

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
34 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Unbelievably bad

Thought Bannan was Paterson

Thought Shodipo was FBD

Thought Cambridge were on top all second half until we scored

Thought the Cambridge player meant to miscontrol it - sending all SWFC players and himself in the wrong direction 

So bad it’s funny 

He’s awful!

I’m all for keeping a level head and not being too bias but I think to have a local commentator who clearly hates the club he’s commenting on is a step too far in the wrong direction. He’s spends the entire games time telling us how rubbish we are then goes bonkers when we concede.

He’s always done it, it’s not on, I have no idea why he’s still allowed to do our games. 

24 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

He is always anti- Wednesday

Not just me who's noticed then! 

I just hate having to listen to this idiot, with his constant, deliberate " Sheffle Wednesday" , and total negativity, practically willing our opponents to score and barely struggling to contain his sheer delight when we inevitable concede.

Looking back, maybe I should have chinned him at Wembley  when I had chance. lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Unbelievably bad

Thought Shodipo was FBD

Thought the Cambridge player meant to miscontrol it - sending all SWFC players and himself in the wrong direction 

So bad it’s funny 

When he said Cambridge were on top second half  looking more likely to score (not true)and we had been doing all the attacking said everything about his love for us.

2 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

When he said Cambridge were on top second half  looking more likely to score (not true)and we had been doing all the attacking said everything about his love for us.

I don’t think Giddings hates us or is biased, I just think he’s incompetent

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Unbelievably bad

Thought Shodipo was FBD

So bad it’s funny 

Is that him on Ifollow? 

13 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

It's very poor though, for those who could only listen on radio he gave a completely distorted picture of the 2nd half, it's his bloody job and he's crap at it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I don’t think Giddings hates us or is biased, I just think he’s incompetent

I think he hates, is biased, and incompetent !

He gets as excited when we concede as he does when United score

He's made loads gaffes with players names, calling scores wrong etc for years, or maybe its just  nerves ?! 

Just now, Worksop Wednesday said:

I think he hates, is biased, and incompetent !

He gets as excited when we concede as he does when United score

He's made loads gaffes with players names, calling scores wrong etc for years, or maybe its just  nerves ?! 

“scampering along after it”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I’ve no idea why some of us get so wound up about something so trivial.  I doubt most people would pay so much attention to the commentary if the team were able to put on a half decent performance.

And yet here you are in the thread titled ‘Giddings’

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Unbelievably bad

Thought Shodipo was FBD

So bad it’s funny 

I couldn’t believe how bad it was today. The bit where he thought Bannan was Paterson was after Paterson had already been subbed. He didn’t have a clue. If you were just listening to him without the video there would have been no chance of understanding what was happening. 

• Like 1

Radio Sheffield totally rubbish. I stopped listening to that cr-p a long time ago. Giddings the worst commentator on local radio. I watch I follow and most of the local commentry that you get on away games is a lot better than Radio Sheffield. Just stop listening. Uto

5 minutes ago, Miruic said:

I couldn’t believe how bad it was today. The bit where he thought Bannan was Paterson was after Paterson had already been subbed. He didn’t have a clue. If you were just listening to him without the video there would have been no chance of understanding what was happening. 

Paterson is subbed, 5 mins later
Bannan picks up the ball, drives into the box past a couple of men and wins a corner 

Here’s the commentary:

Paterson picks up the ball, still Paterson, still Paterson into the box and Bannan has won a corner

• Haha 4