Never change a winning side

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Select your best 11 players and the formation you think suits your team best.

Play them in their natural positions only - right back at right back, left winger on left wing etc

Then play a game

If you win - leave the team selection alone - don't change it

If you lose - play the same side again but tell them to put right the wrong from last time - giving them the opportunity to put it right

If they lose a second time then make changes, taking out the weakest performers and replacing with the strongest possible replacement but in that natural position

Can you put this post where Donkey Darren can see it.

On 2nd thoughts don’t bother.

it makes too much sense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I posted this in the "Moore: How much time?" thread, but it would have gone here if this thread had been here earlier.

I came across a video "How Thomas Tuchel became the best coach in the world" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0VH6BL5_cg) and it says "at Mainz [the first club he managed, who he took to their highest ever league position] he never played the same formation with the same players twice in a row.”

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WalworthOwl said:

I posted this in the "Moore: How much time?" thread, but it would have gone here if this thread had been here earlier.

I came across a video "How Thomas Tuchel became the best coach in the world" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0VH6BL5_cg) and it says "at Mainz [the first club he managed, who he took to their highest ever league position] he never played the same formation with the same players twice in a row.”

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

I vehemently and passionately disagree totally with him

I'd also be interested to know how many other teams he managed his way and succeeded with

Owlstalk Shop

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If they lose a second time then make changes, taking out the weakest performers and replacing with the strongest possible replacement but in that natural position

So teams that lose regularly should always change their starting xi? What happens when you run out of players? When are the first losing set of players allowed back in?

It occurs to me that the objective in golf is, weirdly, to play as little golf as possible. That’s how you win at golf.

Starting to suspect we’re taking a similar approach when we pick teams and tactics.

image.gif.7e86938d78a19fa1da0af8ffc1dffdb3.gif

lol

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Select your best 11 players and the formation you think suits your team best.

Play them in their natural positions only - right back at right back, left winger on left wing etc

Then play a game

If you win - leave the team selection alone - don't change it

If you lose - play the same side again but tell them to put right the wrong from last time - giving them the opportunity to put it right

Get thissen next to Moore, use him as your assistant