Cambridge

Set your satnav for Wadloes Road...parking all around and along the street there and into Diton Walk. Then it's a 10 mins stroll down Newmarket Road to the ground. 

Fen Ditton has three pubs ... I'll be in one of them. Drive safe and take care. UTO. 

Edited by Freshfish

5 hours ago, Lowieowl said:

For those going early I'm told The Plough at Fen Ditton, sitting on The River Cam is worth a visit for food and drink.....a 5 min drive to the ground.

Had my first Chilli con Carne in there in the 80's before a game.

My mates dad had 5 pints and drove to the ground.:ph34r:

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

2 hours 10 mins straight down the A1……..

sat in the Corner House pub within sight of the ground & free street parking!

Enjoy the game, hope Palmer performs better than the ex-Wimbledon player you were speaking to on Saturday suggested as I can't see him being dropped/rested/rotated or whatever they choose to call it. 

2 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

2 hours 10 mins straight down the A1……..

sat in the Corner House pub within sight of the ground & free street parking!

Is it all built up round the ground now. I seem to recall ( maybe wrongly) walking through a big field to get to the ground in the early 90s game.

5 minutes ago, FKACC said:

Is it all built up round the ground now. I seem to recall ( maybe wrongly) walking through a big field to get to the ground in the early 90s game.

The field’s still there mate …… Behind the away end ……… Talking to a couple of locals who told us they’ve applied for planning permission for a new 12k seater stadium near the A14 …… Another soulless ground miles from anywhere 🙄

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

The field’s still there mate …… Behind the away end ……… Talking to a couple of locals who told us they’ve applied for planning permission for a new 12k seater stadium near the A14 …… Another soulless ground miles from anywhere 🙄

What they haven't told you is that's been in the pipeline for 15 years and still no further forward lol