Levelling Up.

Nothing to do with Boris Johnson"s current pet phrase. Much more to with the fact that come 27th November we will have played equal numbers of league games at home and away, against our current situation of having played 3 more games away than at home {after the Cambridge match, of course}. I honestly believe that we will be far better placed then to assess the progress or regress of the season. Good results at home during November could put a whole new perspective on the season. Not holding my breath, but always hopeful.

• Like 3

That’s a bold statement we have 4 home games in November 

Sunderland 

gillingham 

mk dons 

Wycombe 

our other league game is Accrington away 

Wouldn’t say that’s a fixture list especially with how we are picking up the injuries now 

Hillsborough, surrounded by a moat called the Don with a drawbridge over to Park Side Road, cannons firing like a Patterson rocket, the awkward and twisting trebuchet that launches balls forward like a Bannon pass, and the solid walls like a Wednesday defense could be the ultimate in medieval fortresses.  

All we need are a few Knights in gleeming blue and white armour.  

Welcome to Fortress Hillsborough.  Welcome to hell.

50% off all Elev8 purchases.

22 hours ago, Snowyowl61 said:

Nothing to do with Boris Johnson"s current pet phrase. Much more to with the fact that come 27th November we will have played equal numbers of league games at home and away, against our current situation of having played 3 more games away than at home {after the Cambridge match, of course}. I honestly believe that we will be far better placed then to assess the progress or regress of the season. Good results at home during November could put a whole new perspective on the season. Not holding my breath, but always hopeful.

Do we just keep kicking the can down the road.

We were meant to be waiting for 10 games, then its 15, then 20, then you never know until Xmas.

We did the same think with Monk, Pulis, Thompson and ultimately it got us relegated. 

We won't get relegated this season, but this Negative Nelly way of playing has already costs us 6 points in the last 6 games, we have been beaten by Morecombe due to the fact we only managed 2 shots on target even though we had nearly 70% possession. Adding those points on we would now be top.

But you don't score many goals when that possession is in your own half.

Moore either starts playing games to win or gets lost and lets someone coming in who is going to play a more positive brand of football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2