21 points from 11 games, and we are back on track IMHO

I saw enough on Saturday to be hopeful.

In our attacking and chance creating. Some pretty decent phases of play by Wednesday.

When managers/players say 'we go again' it's for good reason.

Otherwise what?

Spend a week or two ruminating on mistakes, crucify the players, and generally get down into the negatives.

Pointless. No success there.

We go again because we go again. What's done is done.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

In our attacking and chance creating. Some pretty decent phases of play by Wednesday.

Otherwise what?

Spend a week or two ruminating on mistakes, crucify the players, and generally get down into the negatives.

Thanks for understanding the game

• Haha 2

The unfortunate elephant in the room is that over several seasons that this club, bunch of players and manager can't recover from going behind. If that isn't bad enough they often cannot hold on to a lead.

With that in mind how can anyone think we will get higher up the table if we always have to score first in a game to get even a point out of it. 

Why is this going to change and when? 

Evidence?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, since50owe said:

Is that do able ?

Course it is

Not for our team it isn't, but doable generally as in posdible for others

18 minutes ago, Nero said:

The unfortunate elephant in the room is that over several seasons that this club, bunch of players and manager can't recover from going behind. If that isn't bad enough they often cannot hold on to a lead.

With that in mind how can anyone think we will get higher up the table if we always have to score first in a game to get even a point out of it. 

Why is this going to change and when? 

Evidence?

No evidence or hope that its possible, our players lack the basic footballing skills required, amd also the fight to do so.

21 points from the next 11 games will still see us 6 points off promotion pace of averaging 2 points a game.

We need to start putting regular winning runs of 3, 4, and 5 games together to have any chance of promotion.

Wigan won 5 in a row before we beat them and have since had back to back wins.

Wycombe have Won 4 in a row.

Plymouth haven't lost in their last 8, winning 5.

Sunderland have had a 3 wins in a row and back to back wins twice.

Rotherham have Won 4 and drawn 1 in their last 5.

If we carry on being inconsistent we'll just fall behind the required rate to a point probably half way through the season where a top 2 finish will be out of reach.

• Like 8

There is no evidence that we have any spine to stop two big issues in the club.

1. Getting points from losing positions, this has been well documented how we are the worst in the football league.

2. losing points from winning positions. Something we are far too good at.

this is all about character, we simply don’t have enough of it at the club. We will play against many teams with less ability on paper but will get points against us. 

the nerves are there to see the last 10 minutes of any game, players doing crazy things. And when we aren’t we have keepers that have a mistake in them that can change a game in an instant.

if we get top 6 I will be pleasantly surprised… we won’t be too 2 that’s for sure

• Like 1

We don't score anywhere near enough goals. 

We don't come back from being behind. 

We consistently find ways to throw away points. 

For those reasons it's unlikely we'll be troubling the top 4-5. We will do well to get close to 6th place but I feel we might be a bit lower than that. 

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Need 27 points from 11 games to be back on track.

21 from 11 and that's a play off place.

Wouldn't a playoff place be 'on track' for us this season?

After the absolute car crash of last season, the mass exodus of expensive signings, and having to recruit half a squad of freebies and loans, I'd take that.

Many of us were genuinely concerned that we were about to plummet through this division at the start of the summer, so it seems odd to be turning out noses up at a playoff place.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

Otherwise what?

Ok Darren whatever ?😩

53 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

21 points from the next 11 games will still see us 6 points off promotion pace of averaging 2 points a game.

We need to start putting regular winning runs of 3, 4, and 5 games together to have any chance of promotion.

Wigan won 5 in a row before we beat them and have since had back to back wins.

Wycombe have Won 4 in a row.

Plymouth haven't lost in their last 8, winning 5.

Sunderland have had a 3 wins in a row and back to back wins twice.

Rotherham have Won 4 and drawn 1 in their last 5.

If we carry on being inconsistent we'll just fall behind the required rate to a point probably half way through the season where a top 2 finish will be out of reach.

If you look at our side, and compare to the other teams you mention, I would suggest top 2 is already a no go.

I don't actually think we will be top half 

41 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

After the absolute car crash of last season, the mass exodus of expensive signings, and having to recruit half a squad of freebies and loans, I'd take that.

Many of us were genuinely concerned that we were about to plummet through this division at the start of the summer, so it seems odd to be turning out noses up at a playoff place.

Absolutely. Playoffs would be a great achievement this season given everything that has gone on in recent times.

Why people seems to think we should be top 2 is beyond me. No one was predicting autos pre season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Have to agree that after 2 seasons (nearly 3)of car crash results a playoffs place would seem like the tide has turned. The start we have had has been reasonable if not mind-blowing so we need to push on from here. Onwards and upwards. 

• Like 4