Sky Glass TV

apswfc

49 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

I don't really 'get' the appeal of this.

Is it all just basically to tidy up some wires, at the cost of locking you in to Sky for a period of time?

Pretty much - which to be fair if you're gonna be a sky customer for years is fine

It's also to allow people to get a big screen TV and spread the cost of it over time too

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Pretty much - which to be fair if you're gonna be a sky customer for years is fine

It's also to allow people to get a big screen TV and spread the cost of it over time too

Fair enough.

But if the TV is not particularly good VFM, it kind of loses its appeal.

9 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Fair enough.

But if the TV is not particularly good VFM, it kind of loses its appeal.

Not if you're a long term sky customer that can't afford a big telly all in one go

These things will get snapped up big time I reckon 

Even though they are pants TV's

Owlstalk Shop

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not if you're a long term sky customer that can't afford a big telly all in one go

These things will get snapped up big time I reckon 

Even though they are pants TV's

There's been a lot of problems with saving programmes etc. Looks like one of those things to.leave for a while while they iron out the bugs 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 08/11/2021 at 18:42, owlinexile said:

I don't really 'get' the appeal of this.

Is it all just basically to tidy up some wires, at the cost of locking you in to Sky for a period of time?

The appeal is not having to have a dish. I'd have probably bought one if in my last flat - where you were banned from having dishes. 

The TV panel doesn't look great - however it is cheapish and not an OLED - but the size of it would put me off and then having nightmares with recording would be the final nail. Sky kinda sold it as being like having Sky Q but without the dish and the wires. The cloud based downloading would drive me mad with only a percentage of programmes available. 

16 hours ago, darklord said:

is it me who just thinks how boxy it looks?

I like how it looks

On 08/11/2021 at 18:17, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 18.16.44.png

The reviews coming out are all awful

I'm not surprised, I went for another look in Meadowhall and when you see these new TVs in Currys you're usually impressed but this just looks like an entry level TV

22 minutes ago, apswfc said:

Was just reading this article : https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/strategic-brilliance-sky-glass-matthew-huntington/?trackingId=1AWWUAG7%2FGBpesyX6Vob2w%3D%3D an interesting read I thought. Also, I did not know Philips was behind the Glass TV.

That explains why it's dog dirt

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop