Sky Glass TV

apswfc

Got a email the other day saying they would send me details about how to get it.  Few things I'm not sure about. It means that you sign up to Sky for 4 years, from what I've read you can't record anything looks like you stream things not 100% sure about that. If and when the tv packs in you are tied into buying another from Sky.

Marking content as "add to playlist" with a button on the remote (or through a Voice command) makes it available for playback on demand: as there's no local or even user-specific cloud storage*, it's a different paradigm to 'Recording'.

*but there's a notional ' 1000 hour cloud capacity ' with a subscription

My friend has just been in the sky store at meadowhall and said he could of walked away with the 55" version. To start you've got to have a sky subscription but you can cancel that after 1 month - so you are not tied into Sky any longer just pay for the TV.

Just passing on info 🙂

28 minutes ago, apswfc said:

My friend has just been in the sky store at meadowhall and said he could of walked away with the 55" version. To start you've got to have a sky subscription but you can cancel that after 1 month - so you are not tied into Sky any longer just pay for the TV.

Just passing on info 🙂

Why would you want this TV without Sky though?

On 25/10/2021 at 21:26, modboy said:

Who manufacturers it? 

The panel is made by TP Vision - who own Philips TVs. We've got a Philips TV and it's got a quality picture considering it's not OLED, but it's the Ambilight that's the selling point for me - which the Sky Glass doesn't have. 

Been reading that Sky Glass has had a lot of teething problems

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59122596.amp 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm definitely NOT a fan of Philips TV's 

Think they look shocking and feel so dated 

I like Samsung and Sony for the record

Brother in laws got one of the Philips ambi-lights. It’s awesome, the picture is brilliant. I would expect this from any tv costing nearly £2k though. 

1 hour ago, apswfc said:

Brother in laws got one of the Philips ambi-lights. It’s awesome, the picture is brilliant. I would expect this from any tv costing nearly £2k though. 

I got a new TV a bit back
A 65 inch top of the line one but it didn't have ambilight on it

So I just went on Amazon, ordered a strip of LED lights for £20 and popped them onto the back of my big TV 

They look absolutely amazing, and they are compatible with Alexa so I can just say 'Alexa turn on cinema lighting' and on they come
Means I get the backlighting (I dont' want it to match the action as it never ever gets it right so it becomes a distraction for me as I'm constantly looking to see if it changes in time with the movie - it's always behind slightly which is annoying!)) but without having to have a Philips TV screen which I don't personally like at all

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I got a new TV a bit back
A 65 inch top of the line one but it didn't have ambilight on it

So I just went on Amazon, ordered a strip of LED lights for £20 and popped them onto the back of my big TV 

They look absolutely amazing, and they are compatible with Alexa so I can just say 'Alexa turn on cinema lighting' and on they come
Means I get the backlighting (I dont' want it to match the action as it never ever gets it right so it becomes a distraction for me as I'm constantly looking to see if it changes in time with the movie - it's always behind slightly which is annoying!)) but without having to have a Philips TV screen which I don't personally like at all

Which lights did you buy please?