Jump to content

Immediate changes for next game


Recommended Posts

Quite clearly we have some immediate issues we need to address before the next game that most fans can see and Moore swimmingly cannot:

 

1. A ball playing CB - Iorfa and Dunkley does not work and they aren’t confident to pick a pass out 
 

2. A replacement at LB/LWB - has to be Palmer for me if/until we bring in a natural as Brown will never fit there

 

3.  Midfield 3 - This has to be Bannan + a ball winner + power to move us up pitch. Wing doesn’t suit our setup, totally ineffective and slow and Hutch should never play outside of CB again. This would have to be any out of Adeniran,  FDB or Shodipo - win the ball higher up the pitch and some pace/power alongside Bannan.

 

Game management and tactics are anyone’s guess under DM but the above to me are what we should start with tomorrow night. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Quite clearly we have some immediate issues we need to address before the next game that most fans can see and Moore swimmingly cannot:

 

1. A ball playing CB - Iorfa and Dunkley does not work and they aren’t confident to pick a pass out 
 

2. A replacement at LB/LWB - has to be Palmer for me if/until we bring in a natural as Brown will never fit there

 

3.  Midfield 3 - This has to be Bannan + a ball winner + power to move us up pitch. Wing doesn’t suit our setup, totally ineffective and slow and Hutch should never play outside of CB again. This would have to be any out of Adeniran,  FDB or Shodipo - win the ball higher up the pitch and some pace/power alongside Bannan.

 

Game management and tactics are anyone’s guess under DM but the above to me are what we should start with tomorrow night. 

 

 

1. We don't need one, we have 2 DMs and 2 fullbacks to pass to. Let them take the responsibility for moving it up the pitch. They're also one of the best partnerships in the league, Dunk in the air, Dom on the ground.

 

2. Looks like it's wingbacks all the way now, so that's Palmer out. Brown or Johnson, that's the choice.

 

3. Wing was involved in every attack yesterday, even playing from DM and cleaning up there. Him and Bannan, if they carry on like yesterday will be one of the best midfield pairings in the league. That was our best midfield performance all season.

 

So yeah, none of that's going to happen, or really needed.

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Quite clearly we have some immediate issues we need to address before the next game that most fans can see and Moore swimmingly cannot:

 

1. A ball playing CB - Iorfa and Dunkley does not work and they aren’t confident to pick a pass out 
 

2. A replacement at LB/LWB - has to be Palmer for me if/until we bring in a natural as Brown will never fit there

 

3.  Midfield 3 - This has to be Bannan + a ball winner + power to move us up pitch. Wing doesn’t suit our setup, totally ineffective and slow and Hutch should never play outside of CB again. This would have to be any out of Adeniran,  FDB or Shodipo - win the ball higher up the pitch and some pace/power alongside Bannan.

 

Game management and tactics are anyone’s guess under DM but the above to me are what we should start with tomorrow night. 

 

 

 

So you've highlighted 3 issues with the personnel and only 1 of them can actually be fixed (term used loosely) by the players we have.

 

Perhaps we should change the f*cking system to suit what we have.. what we signed to come in and do. We signed a bunch of wingers and have assembled the worlds greatest collection of "well they need someone next to them" strikers in league history. I'm sure whatever modern football coaching manual Moore is reading from wouldn't like it, but why don't we just give four-four-f*cking-two a go?

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We haven't had a decent CM who looked comfortable with the ball since Loovens - probably Hector was the closest.

 

Having a wing back on the pitch combined to lose us 2 points on Saturday - Brown's lack of defensive attributes ensured their wide player got goal side to score.

 

We've needed a ball-winning central midfielder since 2016 - Luongo is the nearest we've got to this, and he's been injured for getting on for 2 seasons. We've got a lot of wingers though...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looked to me like the team had spent 10 days on the training pitch trying to improve the attacking play and chance creation but without considering the defensive part of the game. We looked disorganised at the back when Wimbledon staged their comeback. Vulnerable to crosses at the back post. Their wide players getting behind our wing backs too easily. Plus that old problem of panic when we concede a goal late on.

 

Don’t think we should be making too many changes. Just get the balance between defence and attack right if wing backs are the way we are going to play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

            Hunt Iorfa ?? Palmer

Corbenau  Bannan Dele Johnson

         Gregory   Kambiri/Berihino

 

 

Adeniran or Johnson

Kami or Berihino

Wildsmith or BPF

All hit n miss for me but,just play a settled side ffs..

Pato,Brown and Wing should go and have a long hard think about whether they want to be footballers or not...DARREN.

UTO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

The legendary 'ball playing centre back' has returned as the answer to our prayers!!  As it was under Carlos and many other managers over the years.  Where art thou Joost, your servants await?! 

 

A mythical creature, half man, half horse, half Beckenbauer and half Baresi, this chiselled and magnificent beast can spin on a sixpence, ballet dance past any attacker and can gracefully clip 60 yarders at will to onrushing attackers.  

 

 

 

 

 

Alternately, instead of this ball playing centre back, we could just stop f__ing about playing out from the back and putting ourselves under needless pressure.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

1. We don't need one, we have 2 DMs and 2 fullbacks to pass to. Let them take the responsibility for moving it up the pitch. They're also one of the best partnerships in the league, Dunk in the air, Dom on the ground.

 

2. Looks like it's wingbacks all the way now, so that's Palmer out. Brown or Johnson, that's the choice.

 

3. Wing was involved in every attack yesterday, even playing from DM and cleaning up there. Him and Bannan, if they carry on like yesterday will be one of the best midfield pairings in the league. That was our best midfield performance all season.

 

So yeah, none of that's going to happen, or really needed.

 

Dunk and Dom 

One of the best partnership's in the league tho 

🤣🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Dunk and Dom 

One of the best partnership's in the league tho 

🤣🤣🤣

3rd best defence in the league, with dodgy fullbacks and keepers.

 

I'd say that they're up there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

 

Alternately, instead of this ball playing centre back, we could just stop f__ing about playing out from the back and putting ourselves under needless pressure.

 

 

We should do this exact thing yes as punting it long for years with Tom Lees and various others walloping it into orbit has been a resounding success.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weirdly the only reason art of our team that looks like challenging for proportion is our CB’s. I’d not touch them. 
 

The rest of the team? Christ only knows.

 

It would appear we hadn’t thought through the what if scenario around Luongo being injured. I can’t believe we would have let Waldock go on loan then be left with Hutch only to play back up to the midfield screener of defence. 

 

Hunt has looked better last two games, but early on he looked shadow of his former self. 
 

Not sure how our forwards get a game. You have shopido who scored double figures last year in this league sat on the bench, Sow & Theo look decent enough with attacking freedom but we’re so ponderous getting the ball to them that they’re having to beat 2/3 to get into decent positions. 
 

This league isn’t much good though, you don’t need to be fantastic to win games. Just solid defensively and get the ball into Dangerous areas often and quickly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, trev said:

What happened to Byers??

 

Injured??

 

Yes still injured, ongoing groin strain.

 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/darren-moore-sheffield-wednesday-injuries-21861268


 

Quote

 

What's the latest with Hutchinson, Gibson, Luongo and Byers?

 

All four of them won't be participating in this weekend's fixture. All of them haven't been deemed fit enough. They are on the injury table. I couldn't give you a time scale for them, at this moment in time. Hutchinson and Gibson picked up injuries from Saturday's game. Massimo and George are making significant progress but I couldn't give you an exact time scale.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Quite clearly we have some immediate issues we need to address before the next game that most fans can see and Moore swimmingly cannot:

 

1. A ball playing CB - Iorfa and Dunkley does not work and they aren’t confident to pick a pass out 
 

2. A replacement at LB/LWB - has to be Palmer for me if/until we bring in a natural as Brown will never fit there

 

3.  Midfield 3 - This has to be Bannan + a ball winner + power to move us up pitch. Wing doesn’t suit our setup, totally ineffective and slow and Hutch should never play outside of CB again. This would have to be any out of Adeniran,  FDB or Shodipo - win the ball higher up the pitch and some pace/power alongside Bannan.

 

Game management and tactics are anyone’s guess under DM but the above to me are what we should start with tomorrow night. 

 

 

 

1/ you don't need ball playing centre halves, you need ones who win the ball and clear the danger. 

 

2/ I'd play Johnson at LB/LWB. square pegs in square holes. 

 

3/ I'd play Dele and Aderanin as our central midfield pair. They have power, strength and legs and will make us solid down the centre of the pitch, as well as offering the back four a shield. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

2. A replacement at LB/LWB - has to be Palmer for me if/until we bring in a natural as Brown will never fit there

 

Palmer was the cause of the first goal and Brown the second one - I would rather have one of the kids in. If its a choice between the 2 I would have to go for Brown. He has the pace to recover, Palmer has none

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

3/ I'd play Dele and Aderanin as our central midfield pair. They have power, strength and legs and will make us solid down the centre of the pitch, as well as offering the back four a shield. 

Without Bannan we create absolutely nothing - DA is needed to bring the energy, Dele didn't do badly on Saturday but to pick them both is not going to work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Without Bannan we create absolutely nothing - DA is needed to bring the energy, Dele didn't do badly on Saturday but to pick them both is not going to work


And yet with Bannan we had created just more than the bottom three after the first 8-10 games. Almost as if his attacking/creative threat doesn’t outweigh his lack of positional discipline. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...