Big Mick

21 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Moore and his coaching staff are turning us into a soft centred .. no bottle…. bunch of wimps …. 20 coaching staff on the team photo and we are still an easy team to play against………… Maybe it’s time for a no nonsense..say it like it is ..manager like Mick McCarthy … days are numbered at Cardiff……Fans will relate to him and he would  definitely get this squad going  …..

Very disappointed to see that this fred is not about the one and only 'Big Mick'  - Mick Lyons !!!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Boris, this is a pitiful attempt at getting back on to the front foot.  Now run along.

Ooh you are clever, and northern too who knew.

You understand that yes, if not happy to explain

Must be your bedtime nighty night

Ps I am always on the front foot but not sure you quite get it do you 

Bless you, I shouldn't mock the more mentally  challenged but it is fun

22 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Moore and his coaching staff are turning us into a soft centred .. no bottle…. bunch of wimps …. 20 coaching staff on the team photo and we are still an easy team to play against………… Maybe it’s time for a no nonsense..say it like it is ..manager like Mick McCarthy … days are numbered at Cardiff……Fans will relate to him and he would  definitely get this squad going  …..

20211018_211542.gif

1 minute ago, owlsdreamer said:

If you analyse more than just the bare bones of those 5 games we have been awful

If we take those 5 games though, we were good against Wigan and for 70 mins against Wimbledon and for the last 15 minutes against Mansfield, yet we have still won 3 and drew 1

Football is a results based business, so those thinking Moore should be sacked when we are 7th (on goal difference) need to give their head a wobble. It’s very conceivable that this time tomorrow we will be in the top 6

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sexpistol said:

If we take those 5 games though, we were good against Wigan and for 70 mins against Wimbledon and for the last 15 minutes against Mansfield, yet we have still won 3 and drew 1

Football is a results based business, so those thinking Moore should be sacked when we are 7th (on goal difference) need to give their head a wobble. It’s very conceivable that this time tomorrow we will be in the top 6

I don't want him sacked now, I agree it is wrong to do so when we are well placed.

It is fair to question a fair few things though. Our performances in month one were better than they have been since. We are playing formations and players to combat the opposition rather than finding an approach that suits our strengths. Moore's substitutions rarely effect positive change for us. 

We were good for around half an hour against Wigan, the first half was a poor game of football all round, the last 15 minutes were hanging on. 

The Mansfield game doesn't hold much sway, we were terrible for 70 minutes against one of the worst performing teams in the football league, winning in the last minute of the game papered over many cracks in that display.

We were as good as we have been for a long time on Saturday for an hour, then conceded a goal, made a very debatable substitution and blew 2 points.  

21 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I don't want him sacked now, I agree it is wrong to do so when we are well placed.

It is fair to question a fair few things though. Our performances in month one were better than they have been since. We are playing formations and players to combat the opposition rather than finding an approach that suits our strengths. Moore's substitutions rarely effect positive change for us. 

We were good for around half an hour against Wigan, the first half was a poor game of football all round, the last 15 minutes were hanging on. 

The Mansfield game doesn't hold much sway, we were terrible for 70 minutes against one of the worst performing teams in the football league, winning in the last minute of the game papered over many cracks in that display.

We were as good as we have been for a long time on Saturday for an hour, then conceded a goal, made a very debatable substitution and blew 2 points.  

100% this.

We have some quality players and should play our own game and let the opposition worry about us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ray Von shabba said:

100% this.

We have some quality players and should play our own game and let the opposition worry about us.

DM does not pick the side according to the opposition, never has.

He's using it as an excuse for changing the side when it doesn't work.

Every change he has made has followed a natural progression to fit the formation, based on performance and fitness.

Bannan and Wing at DM. 

Going two up top as one wasn't scoring.

All natural progression. 

We've played our own game from day one.

3 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

DM does not pick the side according to the opposition, never has.

He's using it as an excuse for changing the side when it doesn't work.

Every change he has made has followed a natural progression to fit the formation, based on performance and fitness.

Bannan and Wing at DM. 

Going two up top as one wasn't scoring.

All natural progression. 

We've played our own game from day one.

Have to disagree,  you find/play your best 11 and don't constantly keep changing the players/tactics/formation, unless injury forces or you're changing to counter the opposition, which seems to be happening.

So my point was play the strongest 11 in a formation that suits us and let them worry about our formation.

Just my opinion.

22 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Have to disagree,  you find/play your best 11 and don't constantly keep changing the players/tactics/formation, unless injury forces or you're changing to counter the opposition, which seems to be happening.

So my point was play the strongest 11 in a formation that suits us and let them worry about our formation.

Just my opinion.

Injury did force most of the changes.

Losing all of the DM players made him play Bannan and Wing there, which made him play more defensive wingers to compensate. Some of those didn't work out, so he changed them. Not for the opposition, more as he had players out of their normal positions to make up for gaps in the formation.

The 352 is to accommodate Gregory as he couldn't play as lone striker.

If he did plan for the opposition, the only one will have been Wigan, the rest were to try and make the 4231 work.

6 hours ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Just my opinion.

So what do you do when your strongest formation loses three on the trot?  Keep playing them or change to a weaker formation?