Big Mick

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, markowl said:

I don't recall much complaining from folk on here when he was appointed.

We can all play Captain Hindsight after the event.

There were plenty of people on here fully aware of the risk of appointing an unproven manager. The reason a lot wanted Paul Cook - i believe - was he was less of a risk because he had more experience - but neither were ideal. I wanted neither.

Guest Jack the Hat
42 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

If he was up for a challenge he would have kept us up last season, we conceded a few late goals then too, he hasn't addressed the problem this season and its costing us big time

33 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Fair point but let's not forget he inherited a team of lobbers that Mourhino would have struggled with.

But yeh, the same problem still exists to an extent.

There was still some quality in that team, as shown in the 5-0 demolition of Cardiff. Moore should have come in and played the best system to suit the players we had for the remaining games to keep us up and changed the system after the summer rebuild. But he didn't and we went down. Whilst most of the damage was done, what little chance we had disappeared when he walked through the door.

5 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

There were plenty of people on here fully aware of the risk of appointing an unproven manager. The reason a lot wanted Paul Cook - i believe - was he was less of a risk because he had more experience - but neither were ideal. I wanted neither.

Paul Cook whose team are currently 8 places below us?

That Paul Cook?

Guest Jack the Hat
Just now, markowl said:

Paul Cook whose team are currently 8 places below us?

That Paul Cook?

Obviously. Have you read the post or just reacted?

10 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

There were plenty of people on here fully aware of the risk of appointing an unproven manager. The reason a lot wanted Paul Cook - i believe - was he was less of a risk because he had more experience ...

I can't speak for anyone else, but I wanted him because he has a proven ability to get teams promoted on limited resources.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
7 minutes ago, markowl said:

Just reacted 👀.

That's what happens when you post and work at the same time 

:duntmatter:

Don't worry i do it all the time

15 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Moore and his coaching staff are turning us into a soft centred .. no bottle…. bunch of wimps …. 20 coaching staff on the team photo and we are still an easy team to play against………… Maybe it’s time for a no nonsense..say it like it is ..manager like Mick McCarthy … days are numbered at Cardiff……Fans will relate to him and he would  definitely get this squad going  …..

Darren hasn’t done anything to the squad it’s been the same crap since jos took

over nothings changed 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Moore and his coaching staff are turning us into a soft centred .. no bottle…. bunch of wimps …. 20 coaching staff on the team photo and we are still an easy team to play against………… Maybe it’s time for a no nonsense..say it like it is ..manager like Mick McCarthy … days are numbered at Cardiff……Fans will relate to him and he would  definitely get this squad going  …..

These kind of posts have gone from just daft and ridiculous to pure parody now

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m both surprised and delighted to see a Mick McCarthy thread. I thought they had stopped never to be seen again! I have always liked Mick, and have thought he would have been good for the last three times we changed manager. The problem is would he work now? With the squad we actually have? Not sure his footballing methods would work to be honest with our current set of players. 

I feel much the same. 

I'd have had him over Jos, Monk and Pulis but don't think his style would suit our squad or what we are looking to do. 

He started Cardiff's last game with 5 centre-backs along the back line, that kind of approach is not really what we are currently looking for.

12 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I would take dingle mick in a flash. You won’t get capitulations like Saturday under him. 

His team just capitulated to a 3-0 defeat in one of their biggest games of the season and have lost 6 in a row including 2 other hammerings. 

Last season his team conceded 5 goals in the same game against Sheffield Wednesday! 

11 hours ago, BIG D said:

I want to see us play with pace and confidence. It’s League 1 ffs and we have players who are capable of putting us right in the mix. I don’t want to see us play 5 at that back because that’s what it is when you play with actual full backs as wing backs. AND I don’t want to hear our manager consistently bigging the opposites up like he did with Wimbledon saying that they play ‘wonderful football’. 
Pick our best team and play in a formation that suits us. Don’t think about the opposition. Let them worry about us. 

Best post i have seen you do,bang on the money.....

• Haha 1