Big Mick

I’m both surprised and delighted to see a Mick McCarthy thread. I thought they had stopped never to be seen again! I have always liked Mick, and have thought he would have been good for the last three times we changed manager. The problem is would he work now? With the squad we actually have? Not sure his footballing methods would work to be honest with our current set of players. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

My family are Cardiff city supporters, they are desperate to see him replaced as soon as possible.  For once I’d like us to hire a manager who’s most recent club’s supporters weren’t happy to see their manager leave.  That might help us to hire a good one 

As we're a team in Third, I'd say our choice of possible replacements is limited.

And I don't see Old Six-Fingers dropping to our level.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Lost 6 on a bounce with Cardiff, fans can’t stand him there. Team playing without effort or style. Cardiff squad isn’t bad, not sure how he’s getting it so wrong there. 

He sounds like a perfect fit for us. We could change managers but still keep the continuity.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, heppers said:

He sounds like a perfect fit for us. We could change managers but still keep the continuity.

Cardiff have one of the best target man type forwards in the division and aunts at the back. I can’t fathom how he isn’t doing well there. He’d struggle here, we don’t have any targetmen style forwards, he’d have Dunkley upfront.

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Cardiff have one of the best target man type forwards in the division and aunts at the back. I can’t fathom how he isn’t doing well there. He’d struggle here, we don’t have any targetmen style forwards, he’d have Dunkley upfront.

not sure how giants becomes Aunts. Stupid fat thumbs….

• Haha 2

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, markowl said:

Christ.

Let's get rid of a manager with a crap recent run and replace him with a manager with a horrendous recent run.

Only on Owlstalk 

lol

Imagine taking a manager on who'd lost a bunch of matches with his previous team.............

25 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Imagine taking a manager on who'd lost a bunch of matches with his previous team.............

I don't recall much complaining from folk on here when he was appointed.

We can all play Captain Hindsight after the event.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, markowl said:

I don't recall much complaining from folk on here when he was appointed.

We can all play Captain Hindsight after the event.

Precisely.

At the end of last season I was scared sheiteless that L2 was over the arisen.

DM pretty much got shut of the deadwood and made a few decent signings, although doesn't appear to know his best 11 yet.

Stop throwing silly points away and cut out the odd mistakes that cost and we're not going to be far away.

Will DM be able to deliver this, I don't know and only time will tell.

Too early to be calling for his head IMO

• Like 4
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Precisely.

At the end of last season I was scared sheiteless that L2 was over the arisen.

DM pretty much got shut of the deadwood and made a few decent signings, although doesn't appear to know his best 11 yet.

Stop throwing silly points away and cut out the odd mistakes that cost and we're not going to be far away.

Will DM be able to deliver this, I don't know and only time will tell.

Too early to be calling for his head IMO

If he was up for a challenge he would have kept us up last season, we conceded a few late goals then too, he hasn't addressed the problem this season and its costing us big time

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

If he was up for a challenge he would have kept us up last season, we conceded a few late goals then too, he hasn't addressed the problem this season and its costing us big time

Fair point but let's not forget he inherited a team of lobbers that Mourhino would have struggled with.

But yeh, the same problem still exists to an extent.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

He was in hospital with serious COVID at a time when players were not being paid.

There are 'challenges' and there are ' challenges'.

• Like 3