Another season or two in League 1

Gregory is a bright spark but setting my expectations that we‘re not good enough to get out League 1 for 2 or 3 seasons.

Better for the chairman to pay the fans what is owed and get back on an even keel. Going to be a while before we are decent again, best for us to use the time to get the ship in order...

Edited by We are all Wednesday
  • Like 3

Great we got relegated in my opinion, we are part of the Davos elite scene who are using the time wisely for the Great Reset.  We've cleared out the deadwood of the past and now got a group of young hungry players who are fighting for the shirt.

"Build Back Better" as a very wise man once said.  Yes sir!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Manwë said:

Great we got relegated in my opinion, we are part of the Davos elite scene who are using the time wisely for the Great Reset.  We've cleared out the deadwood of the past and now got a group of young hungry players who are fighting for the shirt.

"Build Back Better" as a very wise man once said.  Yes sir!

We will get promoted eventually whether it’s this season or in 5 years. We’d have got relegated eventually and if we had stayed up last season, reach on a new deal, Westwood on a new deal, Rhodes Lees. 

We needed to go down and we now have to accept that we are on the rebuild. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

So we now accept we are unable to do what Rotherham did twice,Barnsley,WW,...and WW on track to do it again,Rotherham heading the same way....?

NO

But SWFC with supposedly the best player in the Division,and a team full of former Championship players,& players on loan from Championship & PL clubs are going to need/accept 5 seasons in Division Three?

Nothing short of automatic promotion should be DM target for this season,and if he isnt capable of doing so.....does anyone seriously think by the way we are capable of winning multiple play off games? 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

hopefully less than 5 seasons 

If fans are prepared to accept Div 3 football ,thats what you will get.,,,,,I will shout for my team until i die WAWAW but i will never willingly accept that there place is Div 3

I can remember rejoicing in the last match of a season that we remained in Div 3,and almost dropped into the 4th Tier  

This must be stopped now

• Like 3

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

see thats all ok for people of a certain age...I'm bloody 63.....Now yer can have yer "build back better" plan..How long...5 years?...10 years?...Now i'm advancing in age and simply see me sitting there, incontinent in me seat, with a season ticket for me carer and meself...as we hit the Championship.

I remember "Europe in 5 years"...How many years ago was that?..."premiership return ticket?????.."..I mean the f.ookin' statute of limitations must have seen the end of that crock of sheeite!!!.

So I want it now...

Don't wanna be sat there "trying to bounce If 'm not a blade"..cos me bowels would open!!!

They sodding OWE me!!!

EVERY incumbent asks for "Patience"...Sorry mate...its not impatience..its bloody desperately wanting at least summat, while watchin' Buzzards circle over the hallowed halls..Half expecting the 4 horseman of the apocathingy to trot out the tunnel instead of our back 4....(Which is more or less the same bleedin' thingy lately)..Death...to Famine...to .War...actually its just the 3 cos bleedin' Conquest has been out injured....(Back in 2 Decades)..War back to Death To Famine...who slips...etc etc etc

You sit there through yer youth...Then its Bunions, piles f.ookin' gout..they spout... "patience!!"

I mean..this is me on the Kop!!!!...Whats it gonna be like when I shrug off this mortal coil...and sit on The South????????

When I was your age I tried sitting in the North to see if it looked any better - well, it doesn't.

Quality rant that  Asteener if its any consolation Im with you all the way. Bit older than you so it all applies. My main worry is and Ive said so before on here that while ever this useless half wit of an owner stays we are just as likely to get out of this division but in  the wrong bloody direction. If that happens there'll be some dummy spitting on here for sure. 

We're not ready to go up IMO.

No point getting promoted too soon if we don't have a team capable of holding it's own in the championship. We still need to address a a lot of positions and are reliant on loan players. It'd be nice to build a team good enough to attempt a go at doing a double promotion like the blades & southampton did, rather than going back up & being mediocre.

• Haha 2

I am sure at points in 2004/05 and 2011/12 seasons fans on social media would have said thats it another season in Division 3 (or whatever it was called then).

We are 25% into the season so loads of football left. Yes some performances have been a bit uninspiring but looking at table its far from a disastrous start if we are aiming for promotion.

But if twisting my arm to make a prediction I think we will finish about 12th, some decent players for this league but think overall we are a mid table side.

• Like 1

Been watching Wednesday since 1956 and seen a lot of downs and a few ups .

Never thought for one minute that we would be out of the top flight for so long and never thought after the last promotion from this division that we would ever risk being in the same predicament again . Naively I thought that ' Management ' would see to it that our , oh so loyal supporters, would be safe in the knowledge that the only way is up .

How wrong could I be .

Many on this site seem to think we have the best players in the division ,if only we could find someone to make them gell.

We haven't !

At best we have an average set of players , some good , some poor who are reliant on a Manager who appears unable to develop them or motivate them to get results .

We are where we are and as a supporter for over 65 years , feel very let down and frustrated by the total inadequacy of this club ,.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

see thats all ok for people of a certain age...I'm bloody 63.....Now yer can have yer "build back better" plan..How long...5 years?...10 years?...Now i'm advancing in age and simply see me sitting there, incontinent in me seat, with a season ticket for me carer and meself...as we hit the Championship.

I remember "Europe in 5 years"...How many years ago was that?..."premiership return ticket?????.."..I mean the f.ookin' statute of limitations must have seen the end of that crock of sheeite!!!.

So I want it now...

Don't wanna be sat there "trying to bounce If 'm not a blade"..cos me bowels would open!!!

They sodding OWE me!!!

EVERY incumbent asks for "Patience"...Sorry mate...its not impatience..its bloody desperately wanting at least summat, while watchin' Buzzards circle over the hallowed halls..Half expecting the 4 horseman of the apocathingy to trot out the tunnel instead of our back 4....(Which is more or less the same bleedin' thingy lately)..Death...to Famine...to .War...actually its just the 3 cos bleedin' Conquest has been out injured....(Back in 2 Decades)..War back to Death To Famine...who slips...etc etc etc

You sit there through yer youth...Then its Bunions, piles f.ookin' gout..they spout... "patience!!"

I mean..this is me on the Kop!!!!...Whats it gonna be like when I shrug off this mortal coil...and sit on The South????????

I quit enjoy the south and the comforting aroma of fiery jack. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

So I want it now...

They sodding OWE me!!!

Come on mate. It’s not that bad. Just get yersen over to us on the south. Everything seems better here when you’ve got a nice Werthers to suck on and a tartan blanket on your knee. All the anger leaves you as you look around at the sea of grey and the smell of deep heat hits your nostrils, mixed with the scent of bovril. Be soothed by the gently murmur of the crowd when the referee makes a terrible decision or someone scores a goal. 

From over here the trials and tribulations of the cop seem far away and you stop worrying about ‘promotion’ and ‘manager merry go rounds’. Every game and every day seem the same as you sit, it tartan regaled splendour and wait for the cold release of death…

UTO

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am sure at points in 2004/05 and 2011/12 seasons fans on social media would have said thats it another season in Division 3 (or whatever it was called then).

We are 25% into the season so loads of football left. Yes some performances have been a bit uninspiring but looking at table its far from a disastrous start if we are aiming for promotion.

But if twisting my arm to make a prediction I think we will finish about 12th, some decent players for this league but think overall we are a mid table side.

Spot on, fans on here are acting like 7th is the new 24th.

The fact we are not at our best and still knocking on the playoffs spots, shows that a successful season is still up for grabs.

Guest Jack the Hat

We have one of the best squads in the league, but are directionless under a poor manager. Promotion depends on how quickly we get a decent manager. Is Lowe the answer - I don't know. But I know Moore isn't.

13 hours ago, bigsheff said:

We're not ready to go up IMO.

No point getting promoted too soon if we don't have a team capable of holding it's own in the championship. We still need to address a a lot of positions and are reliant on loan players. It'd be nice to build a team good enough to attempt a go at doing a double promotion like the blades & southampton did, rather than going back up & being mediocre.

My biggest worry too is getting promoted.

Imagine winning games, lots of games, only to find ourselves a division higher than we currently are.

It doesn't bare thinking about.

Thank god Moore and Chansiri know how to avoid it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1