Does Moore not trust BPF?

I think with international duty BPF is arriving back on Wednesday, probably missing training that day, one day with the squad, then travelling down on Friday and straight back into the team without training with them for 2 weeks. It's not ideal. 

Now for a goalkeeper I don't think this should be too much of a problem. But BPF's form dropped after arriving back from the last international break, so maybe that was on Moore's mind? I don't know.

Would hope to see him back on Tuesday though. His good days are much better than Wildsmith's good days. And I think from what we've seen from Wildsmith over the past few years he is likely to have just as many bad days as BPF.

We have done well in the majority of our time since being relegated from the top flight, it’s the one position we’ve seemed to do ok in. But since Westwood that’s got to sh.it. BFP can’t catch a ball to save his life, gets beaten at near post etc. Wildsmith we know about but I still feel more confident with him between the sticks.

Can big Kev still get a pair of gloves on?

Both keepers fighting for the shirt, knowing Dawson is in the form of his life too.  It's great to see and will improve the results no end.

This is going to ramp up quality throughout and I wouldn't be surprised if Wildsmith got a England U21 call up.

Unlike most posters in this thread I did watch the match, and didn't feel that Wildsmith was clearly to blame for either goal. That said Peacock-Farrell is clearly a far better keeper, except for the errors, problem is he's showing no sign of cutting out the errors, something like 5 goals in the last 6 games are pretty clearly caused by his errors which is shocking.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, sexpistol said:

So what if BPF makes continuous errors as he had recently. I’m not talking about minor ones or ones where  he could of done a bit better eg Wildsmith today, but the likes against Shrewsbury and Ipswich which were abysmal. I think most people accept that Wildsmith deserved his place today.

Then in my opinion we stick with the player and allow him to learn and develop. 

I don’t believe chopping and changing the GK every 5 minutes works. I actually think it’s one of the most damaging things we’ve done as a club over the last few years and that every single GK involved has suffered as a result. Like I say, I think it’s a reactionary approach, and that if we are insisting on changing the GK every time one of them makes an error, we may as well have kept Dawson.

Wildsmiths opportunity to “earn his place” is measured in years at SWFC, not one game against Bolton (in which I recall one good save and then.. little else?). The entire club was visibly panicked at the prospect of going into a season with Wildsmith and Dawson at GK which is why we brought BPF in. I consider dropping BPF for Wildsmith after a 3-4 game stretch to be a waste of time and a continuation of the damaging farce we’ve experienced at that position for years.

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Then in my opinion we stick with the player and allow him to learn and develop. 

I don’t believe chopping and changing the GK every 5 minutes works. I actually think it’s one of the most damaging things we’ve done as a club over the last few years and that every single GK involved has suffered as a result. Like I say, I think it’s a reactionary approach, and that if we are insisting on changing the GK every time one of them makes an error, we may as well have kept Dawson.

Wildsmiths opportunity to “earn his place” is measured in years at SWFC, not one game against Bolton (in which I recall one good save and then.. little else?). The entire club was visibly panicked at the prospect of going into a season with Wildsmith and Dawson at GK which is why we brought BPF in. I consider dropping BPF for Wildsmith after a 3-4 game stretch to be a waste of time and a continuation of the damaging farce we’ve experienced at that position for years.

I understand with a GK it is a bit different to an outfield position and they need more time, but BPF has made some monumental errors. How many of these does he have to make before you would consider dropping him? BPF alone has cost us 4 points through absolute howlers ( Shrewsbury and Ipswich) I can’t recall Wildsmith making errors as bad as those.

For the record, I agree we had to let one of Dawson or Wildsmith go and bring in a number 1 but if BPF continues to make error after error his place has to be looked at.

Regarding your comment about Wildsmith making one good save against Bolton and little else. That’s not his fault he wasn’t called into action.

12 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

I think with international duty BPF is arriving back on Wednesday, probably missing training that day, one day with the squad, then travelling down on Friday and straight back into the team without training with them for 2 weeks. It's not ideal. 

Now for a goalkeeper I don't think this should be too much of a problem. But BPF's form dropped after arriving back from the last international break, so maybe that was on Moore's mind? I don't know.

Would hope to see him back on Tuesday though. His good days are much better than Wildsmith's good days. And I think from what we've seen from Wildsmith over the past few years he is likely to have just as many bad days as BPF.

His good days are better than Wildsmith’s but I can’t recall Wildsmith having such a bad run of form as BPF did  in the games between this season’s international breaks; BPF lost us at least 8 points during that period - we could have been in or around the automatic promotion places. I haven’t seen yesterday’s goal but, in the RS commentary, it didn’t sound like it was Wildsmith’s fault we conceded. 

As Kopparberg said, we just need someone to step up - I don’t care if that’s Wildsmith or BPF. 

BPF played for Northern Ireland on Tuesday night probably didn't get back to Sheffield some time late Wednesday or early Thursday.  Makes sense to me not to ask him to travel down to London on Friday when Wildsmith had done alright in his last game.