Does Moore not trust BPF?

Not seen the game but by all accounts Wildsmith could have done significantly more to prevent their goals. 

I find it very odd that Moore has decided to choose him over BPF, when frankly the only reason he got dropped in the first place was because he was on international duty. Basically Moore has seen him once in a league game and has already decided he’s better than BPF. 

I think this is symptomatic of other things though and goalkeepers is one of those positions where as a manager you have to stand by your keeper until it’s quite clear he’s not up to it. Moore clearly knew Wildsmith or dawson wasn’t up to the job when he came cause why else would he have gone all out to get a keeper on loan?

just seems like he’s picking names out of a hat at times. 

• Haha 2

Guest LondonOwl313

He’s picked Wildsmith because he kept a clean sheet last game and BPF has been making errors before going off with NI. He’s trying to pick players on form.. but Wildsmith (and Dawson) proved time and again they’ll let you down even if they’re capable of a couple of decent performances before they do 

Even when Westwood was playing well in the Championship there never seemed to be much interest from other Championship /  top League 1 clubs looking at buying Wildsmith. 

BPF seemed to be on the radar of quite a few Championship clubs before signing for Burnley when he fell behind Casilla at Leeds. Maybe BPF lacks confidence at the moment but in my opinion is our best keeper and will play more games than Wildsmith this season - I hope that doesn’t come back to bite me. 

Edited by Phil H

I’d be willing to bet that when asked the question publicly the reason Moore will give is him being on international duty and Wildsmith’s form meaning they didn’t need to chuck BPF back in straight away. But for me that’s completely at odds with what he did last international break, so is a poor excuse.

If he has genuinely dropped him, then he needs to look back at what he said after the Ipswich & Wigan games where he in as much came out and said BPF was number 1 and not getting dropped anytime soon.

Either way, like so many things with Moore recently, it feels like he’s saying one thing to justify a decision he’s made, then weeks later doing the exact opposite.

Edited by NeonLeon

Just now, Bigaltheowl said:

The first one was a good strike maybe a bit unlucky for wildsmith his save went straight to the scorer.the second was not his fault but jaden browns

a cross comes in and travels 30-40  odd yards and some bloke pokes it in from 3 yards out at the back post i'd be looking at the keeper whos stuck on his line .......yes brown should have done better but that was poor from wildsmith 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, torryowl said:

a cross comes in and travels 30-40  odd yards and some bloke pokes it in from 3 yards out at the back post i'd be looking at the keeper whos stuck on his line .......yes brown should have done better but that was poor from wildsmith 

Browns fault entirely.

1 hour ago, NeonLeon said:

I’d be willing to bet that when asked the question publicly the reason Moore will give is him being on international duty and Wildsmith’s form meaning they didn’t need to chuck BPF back in straight away. But for me that’s completely at odds with what he did last international break, so is a poor excuse.

If he has genuinely dropped him, then he needs to look back at what he said after the Ipswich & Wigan games where he in as much came out and said BPF was number 1 and not getting dropped anytime soon.

Either way, like so many things with Moore recently, it feels like he’s saying one thing to justify a decision he’s made, then weeks later doing the exact opposite.

Completely at odds with the last international break when we didn't play so Wildsmith didn't play? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Based on recent games, Wildsmith deserved to play today.

BPF is only at the club because the decision was already made in the summer that neither Wildsmith or Dawson are good enough to be number 1.

BPF is the number 1. That’s why he’s here. If we signed him just to continue this reactionary approach of changing the GK every time there’s a slight error or loss of confidence, we might as well send him back and stick with Wildsmith and Dawson. 

There should be no “based on recent games” about it. Wildsmith should play if BPF is unavailable and that’s literally it. 

• Like 1

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

BPF is only at the club because the decision was already made in the summer that neither Wildsmith or Dawson are good enough to be number 1.

BPF is the number 1. That’s why he’s here. If we signed him just to continue this reactionary approach of changing the GK every time there’s a slight error or loss of confidence, we might as well send him back and stick with Wildsmith and Dawson. 

There should be no “based on recent games” about it. Wildsmith should play if BPF is unavailable and that’s literally it. 

So what if BPF makes continuous errors as he had recently. I’m not talking about minor ones or ones where  he could of done a bit better eg Wildsmith today, but the likes against Shrewsbury and Ipswich which were abysmal. I think most people accept that Wildsmith deserved his place today.

• Like 3