Moore. How much time?

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He deserves the season at the very least. 

A full season? Chris Turner got a full season and more after taking us down.

Alan Irvine got too much of the next season after taking us down. 

If we are off the pace come Christmas with no sign of Moore knowing what is his best formation or team then it will be worth considering a change. 

The last few weeks I've been critical of Moore and the way he's set us up in games. I will admit it's probably been out of frustration the fact we haven't been able to kill teams off such as Wimbledon and Shrewsbury, maybe with that I've had a touch of arrogance and disrespect towards these clubs thinking we should giving them a good hiding, I'm now starting to see why the likes of Sunderland have been in this league for a while. 

I was hoping we would go for Ryan Lowe before we appointed Moore, but as others have said it could have turned out to be a complete disaster, could have been a success.... we'll never know.

I suppose instead of going on the manager merry-go-round again maybe giving Moore the time to implement his ideas may benefit us, particularly with a new squad where on face value he seems to be a very popular choice amongst the players. This isn't me suddenly saying Moore is the man, but I am now in the mindset of seeing where this goes, I would like to see us more aggressive attacking wise and with a settled 11/formation that's for sure and not the current way he's managing us.

Here's hoping anyway, I do like to think as fans we are due a little bit of success and joy for a change.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If we are off the pace come Christmas with no sign of Moore knowing what is his best formation or team then it will be worth considering a change. 

It's called squad rotation, majority of teams do this, days of same starting 11 week after week are long gone. 

16 minutes ago, bradowl said:

It's called squad rotation, majority of teams do this, days of same starting 11 week after week are long gone. 

We are not changing to rotate the squad, we are changing to accommodate the opposition, rather than play to our strengths and we are changing formation most games, most teams don't do that.

Is playing multiple players out of position each week beneficial? Are we playing well with any consistency?  

It’s not the pony’s haul that’s been the problem for me it’s it play 

I can take the for players to gel and for players to start clicking 

but our build up play is slow, we show little fight or guts and the tinkering of the squad is becoming detrimental to what he says in waiting to click

youbcan only bang the drum so far and we are a quarter of the season through 

this is my point if another manager came in tomorrow I’d expect to see better performances and more threat on the opposition goal immediately so I question what are we waiting for 

I just want to see this team have a go at it and put simply we are not. I still believe w have the squad to be on the right end of some thumpings and it’s hard to see us scoring 2 in too much games 

were Sheffield Wednesday in league and whilst we deserve to be here it’s embarrassing it’s about time we put our market down and let this league know we’re here to be competitive 

we’ve been turned over by some right shower this season 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We won’t get promoted this season regardless of who the manager is.

• Like 1

At least the season

We’re not going to be in any danger so let’s actually let a manager try and build something 

We need evolution not revolution and that takes time. 

Moore has laid the foundations and got the walls up but sacking him for it being leaky before he’s had chance to put the roof on isn’t the right approach IMO

• Like 1

Just now, McRightSide said:

At least the season

We’re not going to be in any danger so let’s actually let a manager try and build something 

Moore has laid the foundations and got the walls up but sacking him for it being leaky before he’s had chance to put the roof on isn’t the right approach IMO

If we stay in touch and improve that's fine, if we continue to lack cohesion and fall away then giving him the season would be wasting time in my opinion.

Turner laid the foundations, built the walls etc. He was given too long at this level and season 2 was rescued just in time by parting company.

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If we stay in touch and improve that's fine, if we continue to lack cohesion and fall away then giving him the season would be wasting time in my opinion.

Turner laid the foundations, built the walls etc. He was given too long at this level and season 2 was rescued just in time by parting company.

yeah I think you have to constantly review, but the way I see it is that we probably have to get back up in 2 seasons.

I think there are some promising signs this season - we’ve done well against our promotion rivals and despite a stuttering start and our #1 making several big ricks we’re still well in touch 

But I’d broadly agree with what you say, we should be in touch all season…and I think we will be. 

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

At least the season

The majority of the summer signings are here on one year deals or on the loan.

And most of the rest of the squad who were already here are out of contract at the end of the season.

We’re not building anything, the recruitment this summer was short term to try get us out the league this season.

Whether we’re in league 1 or the championship next season the team will look completely different whoever is in charge.

If we were trying to build something we’d be signing lads in their early 20s on long term deals 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

The majority of the summer signings are here on one year deals or on the loan.

And most of the rest of the squad who were already here are out of contract at the end of the season.

We’re not building anything, the recruitment this summer was short term to try get us out the league this season.

Whether we’re in league 1 or the championship next season the team will look completely different whoever is in charge.

If we were trying to build something we’d be signing lads in their early 20s on long term deals 

Agree with this, don't think it's just us though, it seems to be the case at many teams at this level, you only have to look at the amount of signings just about every League One club made this summer and plenty of them were loans and short term deals. 

This video reminded me of the debate about whether Moore should pick a first eleven and stick with it.

HOW Thomas Tuchel became the best coach in the world - YouTube

It says “Another part of Tuchel's strategy is to set up to counteract each opponent. Klopp favours gegenpressing, Pep has tiki-taka, but Tuchel can beat them both by anticipating their every move and finding new tactical innovations. That's why at Mainz [the first club he managed, who he took to their highest ever league position] he never played the same formation with the same players twice in a row.”

3 minutes ago, WalworthOwl said:

This video reminded me of the debate about whether Moore should pick a first eleven and stick with it.

It says “Another part of Tuchel's strategy is to set up to counteract each opponent. Klopp favours gegenpressing, Pep has tiki-taka, but Tuchel can beat them both by anticipating their every move and finding new tactical innovations. That's why at Mainz [the first club he managed, who he took to their highest ever league position] he never played the same formation with the same players twice in a row.”

Moore isn't Tuchel.

Most successful teams have a defined way of playing. Chelsea don't change formation every week under Tuchel. Mainz may have done this as they were inferior to most teams in the German top flight, we are not inferior to most teams in the English 3rd division, Shrewsbury, Wimbledon, Bolton etc. should be adapting to the challenge of taking us on, not the other way around.  

34 minutes ago, SDS Owl said:

Just like appointing him in the first place, giving  him more time is just blind faith in a man who has done absolutely  nothing in his career to suggest he is a good manager and capable of achieving promotion. 

Exactly why I couldn't understand the appointment,  well done again dc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WalworthOwl said:

I don't buy it. We haven't set up once to counter an opponent.

All starting lineup changes have been reacting to injuries and performance. 

The DM issues, the 2 up top.

Every change he's made up to Bolton was to get players into the formation.

He changed the formation because 1 up wasn't working.

Even after Bolton it was to fit the new formation.