Jump to content

Moore. How much time?


Recommended Posts

Personally I don’t want us to just aim for the play offs in this league. It’s like people think that making the playoffs means you’re up but reality is it’s a lottery and you’ve a 1 in 4 shot.

 

We need to be going for the autos.. we must have the highest budget in the league. It’s inexcusable to not compete for the autos with that. It’s like Man Utd accepting 8th place.

 

Something needs to change at this club.. 14 new players and we’re still doing the same sh*t chucking away points like we have for a few years.

 

A new manager needs to fix this.. we’ve dropped 2 points against Wimbledon, Ipswich and Shrewsbury plus another point against Oxford all from positions where you should be seeing the games out. That would have us top.

 

Lets get Lowe in and play aggressive attacking front foot football.. now is the time to imprint that on the side whilst we’re in this league, and take that in to the Championship. Moore has shown across 26 games that this isn’t the direction of travel so a change is needed.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It just proves we have no soul as a club, pathetic points, lucky wins and desperate defeats.

we have no identity as a club at all.

 

what are we? Happy to play like this and fall into the playoffs in a very poor league?

is that progress?

 

no, it’s a massive backward acceptance that every fan should stand against.

 

this club and it’s history deserves so much better and us as fans deserve it just as much.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are improving, on those rare occasions in the past when we've scored 2 goals in the same game and been 2 up with 20 minutes to go we normally then let in 3, yesterday we only let in 2, so a nice surprise.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We need to be going for the autos.. we must have the highest budget in the league. 

 

Something needs to change at this club.. 14 new players and we’re still doing the same sh*t chucking away points like we have for a few years.

 

A new manager needs to fix this.. we’ve dropped 2 points against Wimbledon, Ipswich and Shrewsbury plus another point against Oxford all from positions where you should be seeing the games out. That would have us top.

Wages maybe we're up there but be realistic - the squad had been hurriedly thrown together in the summer from a bunch of cast offs and loan signings. We haven't spent a penny in transfer fees as we're still within the straight jacket of complying with FFP.

 

A new manager is not always the answer! That strategy was fantastically successful last season wasn't it?

 

I agree that this season has been a frustrating one so far with the amount of points thrown away. I was at the game yesterday and was furious at the full time whistle at two points dropped, and wondering why Moore didn't make at least one change after they scored the first. Particularly why he didn't sub on Adeniran or a defensive MF for Wing, who was clearly blowing out of his arse. Why Adeniran didn't start after Bolton was a mystery to me anyway.

 

Then I actually looked at our bench, and realised we didn't have a defensive MF on there, or in fact a recognised centre mid...we are badly lacking a holding MF at the moment, Hutch is out, Luongo is out, apparently Adeniran as well now. Byers too, plus our top scorer from last season in Windass, and Gibson looks like a perma-crock in the making. You can't blame for the manager for not changing things when we simply don't have options.

 

We have no divine right to walk this league, there are clubs with much better settled and balanced squads than ours. Yes we have some players of real quality in certain areas but not the strength in depth across the squad. 

 

I'm not necessarily sold on the idea that Moore is the right man for the job but give the bloke a fair crack for christ's sake. I really don't want us to be the Watford of league one.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not just on this forum but I keep I seeing comments by some of our fans saying we sat back when we lead 2-0, from what I saw we continued to go forward trying to get a 3rd goal. 

 

Unfortunately we didn't defend as very well on a couple of occasions. 

 

We should have been out of sight by time Wimbledon scored there first goal. 

 

Throwing 2 points away was disappointing but not a disaster being only outside a play off place on goal difference. 

 

We need to cut this out though, 2 points thrown away at Ipswich with a calamity goal and the Shrewsbury game we should have won is 6 points gone out of window. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are still in the top half just outside the play offs ,Lets see how the season finishes ,If we do not get promotion fair enough ,But we need to give it at least all season for me . I did think myself we would be a bit more dynamic ,I go to games to be entertained ,The football at times has been dull and boring .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Blatter said:

In spite of the shouts of Moore out after another poor result I think it’s pretty clear he will be given more time to get some consistent performances. My thoughts after the match today were how much time should Chansiri give him. Owlstalkers last week at least, were in favour of more time but I sense the mood turning bit by bit.

Chansiri’s stated aim is promotion this season. We sit just below the play off places so this is still a possibility but If we remain there at New Year then I believe Chansiri will ….has to act. Moore appears to have  been given free rein to assemble a team but is taking an awful long time to stamp any style or pattern of play upon it.

 

It’s not good to watch and there are some definite weaknesses along the left side of the team that are well known to opponents who are starting to exploit the fact. We are light on defensive cover and over populated with wide attacking players we don’t use, which is very wasteful of resources.

 

Seems to me Moore has time but not much time, maybe a couple of months sort this out. If the gap is too big at year end then that is the time to try and get Ryan Lowe through the door to do some wheeling and dealing and instilled some fight in January.

 

 

 

I’ve always thought Lowe would come here in a heartbeat, but not so sure now. Argyle are top and obviously it’s early days, but the longer they sit in the top 3, the less likely that he would drop that project for us. 

Come Christmas, they might have dropped a few places, but if they haven’t then I’d be surprised if he would come here. Best chance of getting him would be sooner, whilst even he, confident guy as he is, may think Argyle will eventually fall off the pace. 

 

If we don’t take at least 4 points from the next 2 games, maybe DC will pull the trigger. In which case, go out and convince Lowe that he can come here and take Wednesday up. Automatic!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, A47Owl said:

Today's aftermath interview he had a different body language. 

He was downbeat and kept looking sideways. I think he may know his time is running out. 

I think he will be gone before Christmas. No idea who would come and work for Chansiri. Options very limited and getting less as time goes on. 

I read it differently. He's starting to realise there are problems in the mind set of the players. To throw away two points from that situation is not good. There's a naivete in our game management, we get sucked into a battle when we have already won.

 

Don't go for a third, sit back, pass and move in midfield (not the back line please),  waste time,  just let the game run down, if they build momentum go down injured. Hit them on the break but don't have the back line (Iorfa ) bring the ball out. Other teams do this to us whenever they get a chance, why on earth don't we. It's the same thing with our general play, other teams use gamesmanship to con the ref, to get our players booked, to win fouls, we don't, we are too nice. I like sportsmanship but it's costing us big time.

 

Chansiri had a bad reputation at the end of last season, I think his backing of Moore and his generally distancing himself from the club will have gone a long way to remedy that situation.

 

I'm happy to stick with Moore but I wish he'd wise up, bring in a tactical advisor if need be. Brown should have been taken off when it became obvious he was having a mare. DeleB coming off with a niggle wasn't the opportunity to replace him with a forward. Moore just needs to wake up.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, A47Owl said:

Today's aftermath interview he had a different body language. 

He was downbeat and kept looking sideways. I think he may know his time is running out. 

I think he will be gone before Christmas. No idea who would come and work for Chansiri. Options very limited and getting less as time goes on. 

 

it's not surprising he was downbeat .. he would have clearly heard the " we're F----g Sh-t " chants and booing at the end. How is he supposed to react to that. Whilst it is painful to watch and experience at the moment, I think we should hold the faith at least until the new year. One of the contributory reasons for our decline has been the revolving door of managers, at some point we need stability or we will keep going around in the same old circles.  Whether DM is the one to build that stability around is obviously open to question, but we should give it a fair crack.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Devonstrix said:

I’ve always thought Lowe would come here in a heartbeat, but not so sure now. Argyle are top and obviously it’s early days, but the longer they sit in the top 3, the less likely that he would drop that project for us. 

Come Christmas, they might have dropped a few places, but if they haven’t then I’d be surprised if he would come here. Best chance of getting him would be sooner, whilst even he, confident guy as he is, may think Argyle will eventually fall off the pace. 

 

If we don’t take at least 4 points from the next 2 games, maybe DC will pull the trigger. In which case, go out and convince Lowe that he can come here and take Wednesday up. Automatic!

Why on Earth would we want Lowe? How many times do we follow this pattern and fail, only to do the same thing again. It’s lunacy. If he wins promotion and stabilises Plymouth in the top half/playoff positions of the Champ for a couple of seasons, he might get on the long list…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Pieman said:

October, November next season. That way we will have had a couple of windows to ensure we have the required standard of players, playing in the system set out by the manager. 

 

What 'system' would that be? No one has a clue and I'm sure the players are just as baffled as it seems to change every week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marc_Degryse said:

Wages maybe we're up there but be realistic - the squad had been hurriedly thrown together in the summer from a bunch of cast offs and loan signings. We haven't spent a penny in transfer fees as we're still within the straight jacket of complying with FFP.

 

A new manager is not always the answer! That strategy was fantastically successful last season wasn't it?

 

I agree that this season has been a frustrating one so far with the amount of points thrown away. I was at the game yesterday and was furious at the full time whistle at two points dropped, and wondering why Moore didn't make at least one change after they scored the first. Particularly why he didn't sub on Adeniran or a defensive MF for Wing, who was clearly blowing out of his arse. Why Adeniran didn't start after Bolton was a mystery to me anyway.

 

Then I actually looked at our bench, and realised we didn't have a defensive MF on there, or in fact a recognised centre mid...we are badly lacking a holding MF at the moment, Hutch is out, Luongo is out, apparently Adeniran as well now. Byers too, plus our top scorer from last season in Windass, and Gibson looks like a perma-crock in the making. You can't blame for the manager for not changing things when we simply don't have options.

 

We have no divine right to walk this league, there are clubs with much better settled and balanced squads than ours. Yes we have some players of real quality in certain areas but not the strength in depth across the squad. 

 

I'm not necessarily sold on the idea that Moore is the right man for the job but give the bloke a fair crack for christ's sake. I really don't want us to be the Watford of league one.


Absolutely spot on.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, A47Owl said:

Today's aftermath interview he had a different body language. 

He was downbeat and kept looking sideways. I think he may know his time is running out. 

I think he will be gone before Christmas. No idea who would come and work for Chansiri. Options very limited and getting less as time goes on. 

 

Yes, I noticed that too.

 

It's the first time I've seen him behave that way.

 

I thought that he cut a sorry figure.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Marc_Degryse said:

Wages maybe we're up there but be realistic - the squad had been hurriedly thrown together in the summer from a bunch of cast offs and loan signings. We haven't spent a penny in transfer fees as we're still within the straight jacket of complying with FFP.

 

A new manager is not always the answer! That strategy was fantastically successful last season wasn't it?

 

I agree that this season has been a frustrating one so far with the amount of points thrown away. I was at the game yesterday and was furious at the full time whistle at two points dropped, and wondering why Moore didn't make at least one change after they scored the first. Particularly why he didn't sub on Adeniran or a defensive MF for Wing, who was clearly blowing out of his arse. Why Adeniran didn't start after Bolton was a mystery to me anyway.

 

Then I actually looked at our bench, and realised we didn't have a defensive MF on there, or in fact a recognised centre mid...we are badly lacking a holding MF at the moment, Hutch is out, Luongo is out, apparently Adeniran as well now. Byers too, plus our top scorer from last season in Windass, and Gibson looks like a perma-crock in the making. You can't blame for the manager for not changing things when we simply don't have options.

 

We have no divine right to walk this league, there are clubs with much better settled and balanced squads than ours. Yes we have some players of real quality in certain areas but not the strength in depth across the squad. 

 

I'm not necessarily sold on the idea that Moore is the right man for the job but give the bloke a fair crack for christ's sake. I really don't want us to be the Watford of league one.

 

It's the way we shilly-shally at the back which is the problem.

 

We always give the opposition a chance.

 

That is Moore's fault.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And what is the obsession with Ryan Lowe.

 

I swear people just pick a name and think everything will be rosy with a new man in charge.

 

It’s so strange. 

agreed, the only way is for dc to appoint a proven manager at this level, just seems that those who qualify dont want to work for him or he cant handle them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...