Moore. How much time?

In spite of the shouts of Moore out after another poor result I think it’s pretty clear he will be given more time to get some consistent performances. My thoughts after the match today were how much time should Chansiri give him. Owlstalkers last week at least, were in favour of more time but I sense the mood turning bit by bit.

Chansiri’s stated aim is promotion this season. We sit just below the play off places so this is still a possibility but If we remain there at New Year then I believe Chansiri will ….has to act. Moore appears to have  been given free rein to assemble a team but is taking an awful long time to stamp any style or pattern of play upon it.

It’s not good to watch and there are some definite weaknesses along the left side of the team that are well known to opponents who are starting to exploit the fact. We are light on defensive cover and over populated with wide attacking players we don’t use, which is very wasteful of resources.

Seems to me Moore has time but not much time, maybe a couple of months sort this out. If the gap is too big at year end then that is the time to try and get Ryan Lowe through the door to do some wheeling and dealing and instilled some fight in January.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

While we are close to the play offs on points, DC will stick with DM. Unless we really fall off the pace, and I can’t see that in this league, then DM is safe.

We do need a thumping win to help boost confidence - at 2-0 today I thought we might get 4 or 5, but once they scored you just knew we wouldn’t push on to get a third.

• Like 1

I can see us hovering around mid table to the playoffs most of the season and chansiri not really wanting to pull the trigger on Moores sacking until unfortunately it will have been too little too late . 
What is Moore doing to justify his job? 
He has helped bring in some good players and that’s about it, he is tactically naive , he’s brought in about 5 wingers, and today we didn’t have 1 on the pitch because he’s changed formation(apart from brown who was played at wingback ) 

we are playing out from the back when we are simply not good enough to do it, we are boring to watch and we are negative. 
Moore hasn’t got a clue what his best team is, does anyone know where wing is meant to be playing? I’m not even sure wing knows.

Can anyone say they enjoy watching this football under Moore? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kristmace said:

He needs at least til Christmas. We're no where near automatic promotion form which is disappointing with this squad. 

If we're outside the top 10 at Christmas he needs to go. 

If we're way behind the top 2 at Christmas it will be too late, there will be only 21 games left for a new man to sort them out.

• Like 1

Statistically we are not great but not rubbish, and somehow we are 7th.

However, what we see with our own eyes every week and we hear from his mouth before and after every game, and what we see with the substitutions and with the team formations, and the negative approach to everything, is absolute dog poo.

give him until Christmas.

• Like 2

Come Jan 2nd 2022 if we are in the top six he will stay. If we aren’t he will be fired. 
We are not automatic promotion material. But playoffs is the minimum requirement. 

For what’s it’s worth I think we will be in the top six after new year. Mainly because the division is so pîsh that even if we play like we are just our depth of squad alone vs everyone else’s will get us in contention. Come November and December when injuries really start to pile up our team will start to look considerably better against our peers. 

Today's aftermath interview he had a different body language. 

He was downbeat and kept looking sideways. I think he may know his time is running out. 

I think he will be gone before Christmas. No idea who would come and work for Chansiri. Options very limited and getting less as time goes on. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blatter said:

In spite of the shouts of Moore out after another poor result I think it’s pretty clear he will be given more time to get some consistent performances. My thoughts after the match today were how much time should Chansiri give him. Owlstalkers last week at least, were in favour of more time but I sense the mood turning bit by bit.

Chansiri’s stated aim is promotion this season. We sit just below the play off places so this is still a possibility but If we remain there at New Year then I believe Chansiri will ….has to act. Moore appears to have  been given free rein to assemble a team but is taking an awful long time to stamp any style or pattern of play upon it.

It’s not good to watch and there are some definite weaknesses along the left side of the team that are well known to opponents who are starting to exploit the fact. We are light on defensive cover and over populated with wide attacking players we don’t use, which is very wasteful of resources.

Seems to me Moore has time but not much time, maybe a couple of months sort this out. If the gap is too big at year end then that is the time to try and get Ryan Lowe through the door to do some wheeling and dealing and instilled some fight in January.

If we sit just below the play off places come New Year then promotion is still very much on the cards, and that's the weird thing because despite how poor (most of) the football has been, we are still in a decent position.

For Moore to get sacked, we are going to need to drop significantly down the league. Whether that will happen is debatable, because whilst we can't seem to blow anyone away, we are also reasonably tight in defence.

Everything is currently screaming 8th - 12th, with a sniff of top 6. Is that enough to get a manager sacked now, or (assuming we are in the same position come January) with half the season left?

Add into the mix that Chansiri is relatively loyal and supportive to his managers, then I can see us sticking with Moore, unless we end up cut adrift. This isn't something I am advocating by the way, because the guy is already boring me to sleep, but it's just how I see it panning out.

Edited by Sheff74