Gerra grip

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Meanwhile we are 2-0 up at Wimbledon and nobody still feels comfortable. I laughed out loud when they scored their first because we all knew what was coming (which it did). 

Same here. In fact I believe that's the exact moment I recalled HMSPTL...... 😂

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.7eb5638b11619f20b3374dbd16f6e73e.gif

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, sacré bleu said:

For me Moore appears to be too easily pleased.

He seems to be popular with the players and maybe that is because  he is happy with the effort that is being put in and the results that are  being served up.

He may make a good assistant manager/coach somewhere but what this club needs NOW and has needed for a number of years is a WINNER.

Not someone who keeps repeating that he is pleased with second best.

Totally right. He'd be an excellent "Good Cop" assistant manager along side a "real" manager with tactical knowhow....... 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TC4EVER said:

What’s wrong we people on here .We are a quarter into the season sitting in 7th & 4 points of auto promotion & yet folk are still moaning that we should be runaway leaders.No one wins owt in October let’s wait until May.

We look shyte

Shyte manager,

Playing out from the back..

Clueless  bye bye  Darren

Cheers for fizz all..mug  

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

Hardly insurmountable though is it?

No, never said that, just pointing out the OP was incorrect.

Being closer to 19th place than 2nd placed in terms of points isn't great.

3 hours ago, TC4EVER said:

What’s wrong we people on here .We are a quarter into the season sitting in 7th & 4 points of auto promotion & yet folk are still moaning that we should be runaway leaders.No one wins owt in October let’s wait until May.

And yes, we could have/should have scored at least a couple more today, but we moved up the league to 7th, and I think we'll see a positive reaction over the next few games (ducks, and heads for cover).  And what if I'm right??

I don’t disagree with many of the comments on both sides.  

Performances,  tactics, substitutions and results of late have not been what we had hoped.  

If you try and take emotion out of it, what does everyone REALISTICALLY expect from this season?  My head tells me a season of consolidation/ a reset would be fine.  My heart says I want promotion.  

We may have been **** for large parts of this season but we aren’t cast adrift from the leading pack.  

When we have a bad result (and today feels like a defeat) I don’t listen to the manager’s press conference as I know I will take what he says the wrong way.  

Do I think Moore is a good manager?  I don’t know but have doubts.   However, it is still early days and we are still very much in it.

I can remember Howard Kendall’s Everton in the early days.  He was heavily criticised at first, people thought he didn’t have a clue as to what he was doing and he narrowly escaped the sack before turning the team around into a force in the mid 1980s.  IMO I do think Moore should be given more time.

Edited by Marro
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sacré bleu said:

For me Moore appears to be too easily pleased.

He seems to be popular with the players and maybe that is because  he is happy with the effort that is being put in and the results that are  being served up.

He may make a good assistant manager/coach somewhere but what this club needs NOW and has needed for a number of years is a WINNER.

Not someone who keeps repeating that he is pleased with second best.

I would love us to have a manager who is a serial winner and would come to a League 1 club.  Do you know anyone who would be willing to come?

Seriously, I don’t disagree with the sentiment but very hard to find that winner!

3 hours ago, Morepork said:

The one thing that to me is worse than DM's tactics and the indifferent and unconvincing results.......our mental frailty.....what the absolute f@ck is wrong with our players. Not a single ounce of fight, nobody putting their body on the line, giving everything in the face of adversity, nothing at all, just resignation. 

Amazing isn’t it

we offloaded players in the summer who had no fight and were mentally fragile and replaced them with a new squad of players that are mentally fragile and seem to lack fight

Morepork’s post could have been written and applied at any point over the last 4/5 years. 

Ive stopped trying to get my head around it all

• Like 1

Today was one of our more positive performances, we created several chances and were in control of the game, their first goal came out of the blue. Some on here have said oh it was inevitable they would score again? The same people were probably saying the same when we played Wigan. It’s. Or like Wimbledon battered us.

No same rational person can say we played bad today because we didn’t.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

Today was one of our more positive performances, we created several chances and were in control of the game, their first goal came out of the blue. Some on here have said oh it was inevitable they would score again? The same people were probably saying the same when we played Wigan. It’s. Or like Wimbledon battered us.

No same rational person can say we played bad today because we didn’t.

Is it not a concern to you that we let a side on a poor run of form come back from the dead to snatch a unlikely point ? 

What do you actually think most fans reaction would have been - happiness?

• Like 2

We're literally joint 6th and yet people still moan.

Sure, it's a disappointing result, but it's football. It happens. We've only lost 3 games so far in our first 12. That's not a bad return at all. 

Get to January and see where we are then. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Is it not a concern to you that we let a side on a poor run of form come back from the dead to snatch a unlikely point ? 

What do you actually think most fans reaction would have been - happiness?

You have made yourself look silly with your last sentence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marro said:

I would love us to have a manager who is a serial winner and would come to a League 1 club.  Do you know anyone who would be willing to come?

Seriously, I don’t disagree with the sentiment but very hard to find that winner!

Very hard to find I agree and any serial winner would be very unlikely to come to Hillsborough particularly under Chansiri.

I would just like to see someone in charge, on the coaching staff or even a player who is used to being a winner, someone who knows what it takes and is able to instill that attitude into the players. Maybe ex Celtic man Scott Brown?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TC4EVER said:

Nail on head. It’s just unfortunate we have a majority of morons who follow us

Guest LondonOwl313
3 hours ago, sexpistol said:

Hardly insurmountable though is it?

It’s not insurmountable but it extrapolates out to being 27 points short of the autos come the end of the season.

So something has to change.. this manager isn’t going to achieve that I don’t think. He’s had 26 league games now and it’s not going anywhere. 

In modern football you make the change if there’s no signs of improvement. It’s pretty inevitable he’ll be off after about 50 games if we carry on as we are. There’s no chance you’d give him 3 years or more like maybe some other managers 30+ years ago.

I’d rather we made the change as I think we can still get promoted this season and don’t want to see it just peter out.