Darren Moore - for 70 mins I was pleased

I’d love to know what Moore says to the players behind closed doors. I really hope he’s not telling them all he’s happy with the performance every week. 

Think it’s time for Moore to toughen up before he loses his job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

But he is bang on with his assessment.

Partly but he conveniently missed out that when he made the substitutes again we seemed to lose our control and therefore went on to lose 2 points.

Good managers keep hold of leads even if we do have a crap bunch on players, that said Wimbledon were not on a great run so they will be jubilant tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Aaargh. 

Not counted today but there were a lot of errms again. 

The most significant comment he made was "we came here for 3 points" 

Well he understands something. 

Rest of it was pointless drivvle again. 

But hey.. We go again.. 

30 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

I’d love to know what Moore says to the players behind closed doors. I really hope he’s not telling them all he’s happy with the performance every week. 

Think it’s time for Moore to toughen up before he loses his job.

I hope he doesn't. 

I want him to go. 

2 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

But the players just switched off.

Its just about doing your jobs.

I'm pleased with the performance and energy though.

We should have won the game but we didn't win it.

Sorry Daz but please leave the club and take your men with you.

spot on, cant understand the clappers, give him time etc etc, i for one have seen enough, we deserve better.

4 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Oh it could and should be better, but the overreactions on here are beyond the pale.

Everyone can see we are underperforming and the manager is tactically naive 

We all wanted Daren to be the one but it’s looking like he is not up to the job 

• Like 4

Teams smell blood with us now, and probably have for a long time - even a new bunch of players haven't been able to get over our longstanding record of chucking in late goals to gift points away.  You'd imagine opposition's pregame analysis stresses that you're never out of the game against this lot.

We need our management to take this head on now, its no good pretending its a blip or unlucky or we've switched off and so on.  Teams are up for a scrap in this league anyway, let alone against sides they know are historically fragile.  Unless we are somehow 3 up going into injury time, you're never really out of the game against us!  Its not about Moore setting up to protect one goal leads, or shutting up shop when a team grabs a goal back, parking the bus etc.  Its more an attitude - if teams want a fight, we'll give them it.  For 90 minutes.  Letting them off the hook with "oh we were great for 45/60/70 mins today" just won't wash this season, that's becoming pretty obvious to us all.

Moore was known for being a tough, no-nonsense defender, who led teams.  We need to see some of these qualities in how he's going to set us up this season - this idea they've clearly got that we're just going to waltz up to games and "play through the thirds" or whatever, and teams will let us do it, just isn't materialising.  We're probably not as good as he thought we were to do this.  There's still time to change his approach, and we absolutely have the players to do this - press, be aggressive etc.  Its basic league 1 stuff, but if we don't start doing it, we aren't going anywhere, because if not teams will keep hounding us all game and we'll keep throwing away leads.

• Like 3
  • Love 1