John Pearson - That was one of our better performances

10 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

I would still rather play poo and win.

Although the Moore haters were out in force last week despite winning.

Today was much better but obviously poor to throw it away from such a string position.

Still think we will get there given time.

Edited by NorthernOwl
  • Like 2

Just now, Paul.. said:

LOL sadly yes! But build on the performance of today, fix some of the defending, hopefully get some players back fit and there'll be an upswing.

I wish I had your confidence mate, I really do. Injuries, now there's another point you could discuss till the cows come home. The performance (goals aside) to me looked better, or was that down to playing a side 17 in table, players out and been losing home and away I don't know. One thing I do know, is that we rack up and you could see it happening as soon as we mised those chances the game was going to swing. It's as regular as night follows day with us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Of course, but playing rubbish and scraping results is never going to last.

I know, but I think like most throwing away points like this just feels like a loss and that’s the problem. Like last year I just can’t enjoy watching Wednesday at the moment. There’s no confidence that they can hold on to anything. We go behind, you don’t feel they can come back and when we go in front we can’t hold on.

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

We created the most chances by far in any game this season.

Looked comfortable for 65 mins.

Unfortunately it means fizz all when you collapse to a poor Wimbledon side. 

When they scored you just knew that they were going to capitulate. As sure as night follows day….

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

That change absolutely blew my mind. Only player carrying the ball and getting us up the field, strong in possession and he takes him off leaving Bannan and Wing in there. Said it another thread, he’s tactically inept, we are where we are despite his negative tactics. UTO 

Couldn't agree more.

The substitution cost us without a doubt. 

28 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

It was one of our better performances, until the 60th minute. And then lack of game management, that’s where Moore has to earn his money. No excuses for that. 

Absolutely spot on. The only change he made was to take off a battling midfielder for Berahino.

Not adapted to the situation whatsoever.

• Like 1

Guest Derby owl
30 minutes ago, katie melua said:

It was far better than Shrewsbury, Plymouth, Charlton, Doncaster etc.

We missed some absolute sitters to make it 3 and probably should have been 2 up before we made it 2. Their keeper made some good saves as well.

Then only some basic defensive errors again gifted the goals. No need to dive in before the cross came in and what Brown was doing I don't know.

To be honest if we're serious about being promoted we have to thrash teams like wimbledon. 

Afraid its matter  of time for DM.

2 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Wimbledon we’re poor, never looked like scoring. We missed about 3 absolute sitters, but when the going gets tough we run away and give up. 

We’ve been bad when going ahead and getting pegged back for the last two years in particular. That’s under different managers and different players.

Away from home in particular we know that when in front, the home team will have to come at us. Under all managers in the last two years we always sit back and try to ‘manage’ the game out - but rarely do. DM needs to scrap that approach and set up the whole mentality about pushing on even more to get another goal. It won’t always work but clearly the ‘see the game out’ approach isn’t something that works for us.

I like John Pearson but who was he watching today?

League 1 standard/players bannan apart, poor finishing poor defending, poor passing, goes on and on, Moore has signed the majority of these players and he and them are not good enough, its embarassing to watch this rubbish which has been par for the coarse end of last and this season, sorry for being so harsh but come on we deserve better, DC get back from wherever and sort it pls.