Wildsmith

52 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

His kicking first half was poor

TBH I thought his "proper" kicking was decent, his problem was his short passing enforced by Moore's moronic tactics. When he kicked it long it was decent, he should have stuck to that, some of his attempts at short passing were heart attack inducing!

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl

Can’t believe people are scapegoating Wildsmith. The first his positioning was spot on and he parried the shot 15 yards away and it was a great finish. Question i’d ask is who was marking the goal scorer. The second is a great cross which nobody closed down and Brown lost is man. Spoke with an ex keeper this morning and he said none were Wildsmiths fault.

20 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Can’t believe people are scapegoating Wildsmith. The first his positioning was spot on and he parried the shot 15 yards away and it was a great finish. Question i’d ask is who was marking the goal scorer. The second is a great cross which nobody closed down and Brown lost is man. Spoke with an ex keeper this morning and he said none were Wildsmiths fault.

I don’t think we concede either of those if BPF is in goal

Granted he might have thrown it up in the air two yards out for an opposite to nudge it in with his bellend, but I think he punches both of those well clear of danger

30 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Granted he might have thrown it up in the air two yards out for an opposite to nudge it in with his bellend, but I think he punches both of those well clear of danger

On the other hand, there was a near post shot almost identical to Oxford's first that Wildsmith dealt with easily. 

It's swings and roundabouts. I can't see BPF doing much better on those, he's weak on crosses close to him and Wildsmith seemed to do the right thing for the first  pushed it well away from the forwards, just unlucky there was one running in.

1 hour ago, Paul.. said:

TBH I thought his "proper" kicking was decent, his problem was his short passing enforced by Moore's moronic tactics. When he kicked it long it was decent, he should have stuck to that, some of his attempts at short passing were heart attack inducing!

Apologies, yes, his short passing was dreadful. Could have conceded early doors from this.

I thought we were a tad more direct yesterday. Maybe as a result of pushing Paterson up with Gregory. It was a lot better.

Upto 60 minutes Wimbledon’s danger largely came from us effing around with it across the back 4.

43 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I don’t think the second goal was his to punch tbh. As for the first goal, I would have to watch again, but it was a bit low for a punch.

My issue was why didn’t Wildsmith just catch it as it was straight at him.

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Yeah right oh, 

I could say we don’t concede the goals against Plymouth 1 (maybe 2) Ipswich, Shrewsbury and Oxford with Wildsmith in goal.

Defenders are to blame yesterday not Wildsmith, unless you’re looking for a scapegoat.

I’ve read some pathetic posts on here in my time but Jesus Christ 

putting the blame for either goal at Wildsmiths door shows just what this forum is becoming a mean bitter and moronic place for inadequates to post bile about a bloke making his way in the game 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, squonk said:

I’ve read some pathetic posts on here in my time but Jesus Christ 

putting the blame for either goal at Wildsmiths door shows just what this forum is becoming a mean bitter and moronic place for inadequates to post bile about a bloke making his way in the game 

I think some just write comments without thinking, social media is same, this is why I didn't go on any last night. They see one comment saying we sat back at 2-0 when we clearly didn't and they follow first comments repeating same thing. 

Sometimes it's best to digest result for a few hours before posting anything. 

• Like 1

On 17/10/2021 at 09:40, Holmowl said:

Wildsmith was definitely not at fault for the second. Not sure he did anything wrong for the first. Pushed it wide as keepers should.

Sorry, but i disagree. A long wide ball was played in to the 6 yard box. He has plenty of time to see it and judge it. He comes off his line and its a routine catch, or punch it clear. Instead he stayed on his line and attempted a point blank miracle save. 

He comes off his line and we win the match.

Good keepers dominate their area

• Like 2

On 17/10/2021 at 09:40, Holmowl said:

Wildsmith was definitely not at fault for the second. Not sure he did anything wrong for the first. Pushed it wide as keepers should.

Sorry, but i disagree. A long wide ball was played in to the 6 yard box. He has plenty of time to see it and judge it. He comes off his line and its a routine catch, or punch it clear. Instead he stayed on his line and attempted a point blank miracle save. 

For the record, i think JW should be given a chance to continue. Let him learn from this

On 16/10/2021 at 17:02, CalmJimmers said:

Agreed for me. He's not been amazing but blaming the two goals on him isn't right either.

Think Brown and Palmer are far more culpable tbh.

End of day he's played 3 games and not not been at fault for any goals, compare to BPFs previous 3 starts...

Unfair criticism of wildsmith who's done well since getting a chance this year

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

For the record, i think JW should be given a chance to continue. Let him learn from this

The ball was an inswinger. No way the keeper can reach it.

• Thanks 1