Wildsmith

9 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Nah not having this at all.

First one was a decent save, pushed it out at pace, incoming player picked up the loose ball. 

Second one it comes over the defenders heads, a keeper wouldn't come to collect that ball 

I agree 

Not wildsmith fault. Both goals are not keeper errors. 

1st goal wildsmith did well to get the ball out as far as he did. Unfortunately nobody was picking up the scorer. 

2nd goal was a brilliant ball in to box. The cross needed cutting out before he had a chance to put the ball in the box. 

Wildsmith pulled off some decent saves. His kicking was better and didn't feel like he was a weakness in the team 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Nah not having this at all.

First one was a decent save, pushed it out at pace, incoming player picked up the loose ball. 

Second one it comes over the defenders heads, a keeper wouldn't come to collect that ball 

This, can't fault Wildsmith for either of their goals IMO, only criticism you can level at him is for the mistakes he did make but fortunately they didn't cost us, some dodgy passing (not his game it's Moore's moronic tactic).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Surprised Darren has let you have your phone back already 

Watch a reply of both - both very simple and avoidable through a normal standard of professional goalkeeping

There's a whole thread in Dressing room, about how people on here interact with each other.

Rather than just address the point, provide some evidence to the contrary, you open with an insult.

What is wrong with you. I get you're upset about the result, but it seems to be after every game you're like this, starting multiple threads of anger and looking for arguments. 

Chill the FÚCK out. And quit trying to lay in to everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Just now, 0742 said:

There's a whole thread in Dressing room, about how people on here interact with each other.

Rather than just address the point, provide some evidence to the contrary, you open with an insult.

What is wrong with you. I get you're upset about the result, but it seems to be after every game you're like this, starting multiple threads of anger and looking for arguments. 

Chill the FÚCK out. And quit trying to lay in to everyone. 

Who put 10p in you?

Did you not read as far as my second sentence? 

Odd post

26 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Agree completely but that was awful defending from Jaden Brown. He was pathetic from the 70th minute onwards and needed replacing yet he doesn’t do it. I’m totally sick of Moore more than the players!

He was pathetic from the 1st minute.

17 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Palmer was running towards goal (or Brown, can’t remember who it was). Wildsmith his literally stood and watched it all the way and refused to move of his line and take (simple responsiblity)

Its worse than the first one.

BPF would have taken it on his chest

And then dropped it (if Plymouth and Shrewsbury are the yardstick) Point is they both make mistakes (as does the lad at Exeter) I think Wildsmith deserved to keep his place. Also don’t think either of the goals are clangers (unlike BPF at Ipswich) What DM does now I don’t know 

28 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Our best keeper is currently at Exeter.

I have two good friends that are season ticket holders at Exeter and they LOVE Dawson.

I don’t think that he feels the same pressure at St James’s Park. He started well there and he receives lots of praise…. great for his confidence.

• Like 2

I’ll say in the keepers defence, all 4 we’ve had in the last two seasons in fact. The defence dictate an awful lot as to how a keeper performs too. BPF getting beaten at his front post against Oxford was just as much the fault of Dunkley, as it was his own.

We shouldn’t sit so deep in games, we shouldn’t lazily invite shots like we do and we should always gamble on 2nd balls in our own box. But, I suppose asking a Wednesday side to play with common sense is asking too much. 

Edited by NeonLeon
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Who put 10p in you?

Did you not read as far as my second sentence? 

Odd post

No, there you go again. Once again, throwing out insults, trying to label people.

You should block yourself from posting after games when we lose. The way you post isn't acceptable.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Gets his chance (again)

Blows it (again)

First is a simple push towards the side of the pitch…paddles it straight to an opposite

Second is a dolly of a ball 2 yards from goal and he just needs to step forward and catch, punch, flick, blow it away

Was lucky in fist half when free kick sailed over him

45 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Gets his chance (again)

Blows it (again)

First is a simple push towards the side of the pitch…paddles it straight to an opposite

Second is a dolly of a ball 2 yards from goal and he just needs to step forward and catch, punch, flick, blow it away

Let be reyt with both goals - Palmer was about a yard too slow for the first one and Brown no better for the second. They should have been stopped before they got to him.

I will agree that he should have done better with both

44 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

They were also poor - but Wildsmith had very simple opportunities to prevent both.

He literally could have stepped forward and caught the second

He first could literally just have been caught or pushed out towards the line for a throw in

Such basic goalkeeping

No he couldn’t because of the shape of the cross but it should have been defended better

• Like 1