Wimbledon vs Sheffield Wednesday - OMDT

We laughed at Utd in this pub league, and rightly so, however we are in it and it’s embarrassing for our club and supporters.

While I think Moore should go, the players are a disgrace, Gregory aside, I would not pay them a penny for that spineless, pathetic and cowardly “performance”. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

I think it’s down to instructions from the manager and coaching staff tbh - Gregory and Paterson are both grafters but they’ve clearly been told to sit off and let the opposites play the ball out instead of trying to force an error high up the pitch

I was alway taught that the best place to play the game of football is as far away from your own goal as possible.

I would also trust our defence against any attackers I’ve seen in L1 when not overrun.

Keep them in their half, win it back, rest with the ball by simple passes and use our better players to do the right thing to win games

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

I was alway taught that the best place to play the game of football is as far away from your own goal as possible.

I would also trust our defence against any attackers I’ve seen in L1 when not overrun.

Keep them in their half, win it back, rest with the ball by simple passes and use our better players to do the right thing to win games

Couldn’t agree more. Football doesn’t have to be complicated

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree with that, but not for lack of effort. 

We are still in the hunt, 7th place and slowly improving. 

Never said we lacked effort, its the application that is concerning.

Can you tell me what the plan was in taking our most energetic and combative midfielder off for a striker?

Or allowing Brown, who the manager had previously mentioned tiredness issues with recently, to play the whole game when he was clearly struggling today?  

57 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Not a chance.

We get a poxy point throw 2pts away again..and yet we move up to joint 6th..due to how poor this league is.

With a decent manager we would be promoted by christmas.

We still have chance of going up with a poor one.

Agree this league is poor. Fleetwood in 19th place are only 2 wins from the playoffs. Says everything!!!

10 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Harder to win it back though when you take the only midfield legs off for a lightweight striker.  

42 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

At the end of the day, it’s a good result and another point on our travels.

I think, at the end of the day, most of us would have taken a point at kick off

Perhaps one of the 6 people who have given my comment above the “ ha ha “ response might like to let us all know why as I’m struggling here 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Never said we lacked effort, its the application that is concerning.

Can you tell me what the plan was in taking our most energetic and combative midfielder off for a striker?

Or allowing Brown, who the manager had previously mentioned tiredness issues with recently, to play the whole game when he was clearly struggling today?  

Dele Bashiru was in and out of the game. Agree re Brown, but not many defensive options on the bench. 

Hindsight is great, can always pick holes in decisions. That said, not really my place to explain, I'm just a fan who watched a reasonably entertaining game.

Plenty will keep picking at the performance and finding fault, not that fault doesn't exist, but trying to be positive based on many aspects of the performance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Dele Bashiru was in and out of the game. Agree re Brown, but not many defensive options on the bench. 

Hindsight is great, can always pick holes in decisions. That said, not really my place to explain, I'm just a fan who watched a reasonably entertaining game.

Plenty will keep picking at the performance and finding fault, not that fault doesn't exist, but trying to be positive based on many aspects of the performance.

Good teams, promotion contending teams, don't blow a game from that position against that level of opposition with the form they have been in.

Your view of FDB's performance differs from the majority, do you think he was more or less likely to get tackles in and get up and down the pitch than say Wing was against a side looking to get back into it in the last 20 minutes?

It's not just hindsight to think that taking off your only box to box midfielder for a striker when winning an away game with 20 minutes left is a bit of a strange decision, in fact I posted my concern on this in this thread more or less as it happened.  

Guest Derby owl
10 hours ago, SiJ said:

Moore selects today's team:

bingo.gif

I get the feeling DM thinks he's unsackable...

Chansiri is aching to get back here so..

Never predict the un predictable!

24 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Good teams, promotion contending teams, don't blow a game from that position against that level of opposition with the form they have been in.

Your view of FDB's performance differs from the majority, do you think he was more or less likely to get tackles in and get up and down the pitch than say Wing was against a side looking to get back into it in the last 20 minutes?

It's not just hindsight to think that taking off your only box to box midfielder for a striker when winning an away game with 20 minutes left is a bit of a strange decision, in fact I posted my concern on this in this thread more or less as it happened.  

What’s the chances of Dele starting the next game ? 

I think he should by the way 

Moore should not be perplexed. We were 2-0 up and he failed to set the team up to see out the game. Bringing a hard working midfielder off for a striker is baffling. Not having any defensive midfielders on the bench is poor despite the fact 4 of the first teamers are injured, surely we have other options? We had strikers, wingers and a full back on the bench. Johnson should have replaced Brown. We needed to go to a 4-1-4-1 with 2 fast outlet wingers and 4 at the back. It was obvious from where I was sitting. Poor game management.

11 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

it’s a full team press not just 2 or 3

But if you take off your only natural midfield ball winner it becomes harder to get it back.