Wimbledon vs Sheffield Wednesday - OMDT

15 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Everyone's previous 'saviour' Paul Cooke also threw away a 2 goal lead today and is below us in the table. 

Moores not pulling up any trees at the moment but I suspect changing the manager won't  be the quick fix that many think it will.

Dont see the Cowley's doing much at Portsmouth either.

1 minute ago, English Man said:

Despite the disappointment and what feels like a defeat from a game we should definitely have won. We actually looked a lot better today. Actually enjoyed watching us at times. 

Yes I think Moore stumbled on a system and team that suited 

So why do you replace Dele with an attacker ?

• Like 1

We are the only team in L1 this season that doesn't bust a gut to close down players in any area of the pitch except for the last 3rd where we scramble about trying to defend.

We have players that can close down for 60 minutes straight and then have 3 subs to come on and change the game...like they did for 90 minutes.

Baz did a few good things today but is always out of position when we lose the ball...he hasn't got the legs to get back.

It's a point away from home with half of the 1st team not on the pitch...they should never have scored that 2nd goal...shambles in every position.

17 minutes ago, Watto said:

Question: Why is Darren Moore a nice man , good person , etc ?

He's obviously too soft to be a manager and seems clueless to know how to change formation /tactics when we are up against it , but why is everyone saying he's a nice person ? 

I think it's because he always minds his Ps and Qs. Never hangs any of his players out to dry. A bit of a father figure for some of the younger ones. Always complimentary about the opposition. 

All very good qualities. Unfortunately the qualities he needs most as a manager is a good tactical brain and the ability react to situations as they arise during game time. He doesn't possess these qualities and that has been obvious for some time now. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, English Man said:

Despite the disappointment and what feels like a defeat from a game we should definitely have won. We actually looked a lot better today. Actually enjoyed watching us at times. 

Some decent attacking play especially that first goal

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

We are the only team in L1 this season that doesn't bust a gut to close down players in any area of the pitch except for the last 3rd where we scramble about trying to defend.

The way we stand off every single team and allow them to play it out is infuriating - yet we concede goals when the opposites put our defenders under pressure

• Like 3

Better today, but should have been out of sight, against another very ordinary team, in what is a pis* poor league.

Two points definitely lost today, as opposed to a point gained, although to be fair, we are missing several injured key players, IMO.

Thought Gregory worked extremely hard, but what on earth did "Barelysinho" add, after coming on?

Thought his ineffectiveness, in part, contributed to handing Wimbledon momentum.

Corbeanu could have come on & given us more flair & impetus & given them something else to think about.

I can see him being recalled by Wolves shortly.......

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Don't agree with that. We had three centre backs on the pitch, and the only one in the box to defend that cross was Liam Palmer. If Brown had beaten his marker it isn't a goal, for sure, but it's mad that with about 5 minutes of normal time left we only have a third of our centre backs looking to defend a cross.

It's an awful goal all round. Where has Iorfa gone? He's running back from way ahead of the play. We just allow the cross, Hunt I suppose has to back off and follow the runner down his side but nobody goes to make the cross a bit more difficult or stop it. Perhaps an energetic, combative midfielder might have done so but then Moore had subbed our only one available off. Then Brown gets beat all too easily, he has to be goal side of that. He had been struggling for a while though, Johnson could easily have come on in that position or we could have gone to a back 4 and had Palmer at left-back.  

46 minutes ago, striker said:

I'm prepared to accept some stick, agree we shouldn't be losing 2 goal leads and individual errors cost us, again. 

Yes, we could have managed the game better, in hindsight. However, I've been wanting us to go and be attacking, look for more goals, so would be hypocritical to criticise when we've tried to do that. 

But, for large parts more cohesion today and created some really good chances and went for more goals. I hope we carry on that philosophy and don't revert to negative defending. 

I suppose if we are going to draw, better to be disappointed about not winning, that grateful for not losing.

I expect the usual meltdown on here and some laughing notifications coming my way, but was an entertaining game, much more attacking intent and felt I got my money's worth today. 

Disappointed with the result, performance ok and another day will win more games playing like that than being pragmatic.

Good post

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, toooldforthis said:

I just don’t get our poor work ethic

I think it’s down to instructions from the manager and coaching staff tbh - Gregory and Paterson are both grafters but they’ve clearly been told to sit off and let the opposites play the ball out instead of trying to force an error high up the pitch

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

My car broke down in the middle on nowhere so I missed the whole thing! Probably for the best. 
Can’t get my head around our inability to protect a 2-0 lead. Not sure I can even be arsed to watch any highlights. 

Maybe not protect it but push on when you’re on top and add to it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Feel really sorry for those who have travelled today…to be on top of the game and cruising. It’s soul destroying having your whole day out and the weekend beyond spoiled by 20 minutes of crap at the end of that match. Ffs!

Can’t be any worse than Ipswich away

34 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We failed, the top 5 didn't and most of them had tougher games than ours. We shouldn't fail to win that game.

Agree with that, but not for lack of effort. 

We are still in the hunt, 7th place and slowly improving.