Wimbledon vs Sheffield Wednesday - OMDT

1 minute ago, gandiaowl said:

This is becoming a worse season than last.

Not a chance.

We get a poxy point throw 2pts away again..and yet we move up to joint 6th..due to how poor this league is.

With a decent manager we would be promoted by christmas.

We still have chance of going up with a poor one.

3 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

We're not cursed.

I've said it before but from Carlos' second season onwards, we've had 5 years of negative management.

If we ahead, we sit back and invite pressure.

If we go 2 up, we sit back and invite pressure.

Over half a decade, that ingrains itself into the fabric of the club.

All it needs is a manager that attacks and gets the crowd rocking and this nervous 'curse' is lifted instantly.

Moore out.

Sadly so many modern day managers simply don’t attack. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

What a load of garbage. What about the defending. For the first who picking up the goal scorer. The second was Browns fault 

Don't agree with that. We had three centre backs on the pitch, and the only one in the box to defend that cross was Liam Palmer. If Brown had beaten his marker it isn't a goal, for sure, but it's mad that with about 5 minutes of normal time left we only have a third of our centre backs looking to defend a cross.

How does Brown see that game out with Johnson in the bench or with any of the singers and swapping to a back four? 

How?? 

Why do we have a subs bench with arguably better players than we have in staring XI and yet we fail to use our subs? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, striker said:

I'm prepared to accept some stick, agree we shouldn't be losing 2 goal leads and individual errors cost us, again. 

Yes, we could have managed the game better, in hindsight. However, I've been wanting us to go and be attacking, look for more goals, so would be hypocritical to criticise when we've tried to do that. 

But, for large parts more cohesion today and created some really good chances and went for more goals. I hope we carry on that philosophy and don't revert to negative defending. 

I suppose if we are going to draw, better to be disappointed about not winning, that grateful for not losing.

I expect the usual meltdown on here and some laughing notifications coming my way, but was an entertaining game, much more attacking intent and felt I got my money's worth today. 

Disappointed with the result, performance ok and another day will win more games playing like that than being pragmatic.

The top 5 in this division all won, 4 of them away, with plenty of goals scored.

We blew a 2-goal lead to a side that has lost 4 of their last 5 and you are happy because you got your money's worth! 

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Don't agree with that. We had three centre backs on the pitch, and the only one in the box to defend that cross was Liam Palmer. If Brown had beaten his marker it isn't a goal, for sure, but it's mad that with about 5 minutes of normal time left we only have a third of our centre backs looking to defend a cross.

So we agree it wasn’t Wildsmiths fault 

Jayden Brown was shocking today 

Why is he playing Hunt Infront of Palmer ? 

Dele bashiri never gonna be a player to play first team football 

Berahino came on and never made an impact , been poor overall.

We are very disjointed all over the pitch , please Moore at least play players in their proven positions!

Just now, Watto said:

Entertaining game ? 

Got your money's worth?

Deary me you must either have your eyes painted on or your very easily pleased 

No, decent game of football, plenty of chances and 4 goals (2 too many, I accept?).

I'm not joining the end of the world pitchfork  posse tonight. We played better than in recent games, same frailties exist, but at least tried to win a game of football. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 nil up after a fair at best performance with UTD losing, all was OK with the world. Fast forward 20 minutes and we’ve blown the lead and UTD who fight to the end win the bl00dy game.

Why is it sooo difficult being a Wednesday fan!!!

Moore, I need decent football on that pitch within 3 games or it’s time to go mate, nice bloke that you are, but we need attacking football - WE ARE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY!🤯🤬

• Love 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The top 5 in this division all won, 4 of them away, with plenty of goals scored.

We blew a 2-goal lead to a side that has lost 4 of their last 5 and you are happy because you got your money's worth! 

Can't control what others do. Saw a decent games of football today. Disappointing result, but improvement in overall performance. 

4 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Not a chance.

We get a poxy point throw 2pts away again..and yet we move up to joint 6th..due to how poor this league is.

With a decent manager we would be promoted by christmas.

We still have chance of going up with a poor one.

We have one keep the faith

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

No, decent game of football, plenty of chances and 4 goals (2 too many, I accept?).

I'm not joining the end of the world pitchfork  posse tonight. We played better than in recent games, same frailties exist, but at least tried to win a game of football. 

Whilst my stream was a shocker today, from what I did see we created a bunch more than normal. That’s good progress! However letting them back in like that is exceptionally poor and the players/manager have to take that onboard. 

Positives - true, lessons to be learnt - also true.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

We're not cursed.

I've said it before but from Carlos' second season onwards, we've had 5 years of negative management.

If we ahead, we sit back and invite pressure.

If we go 2 up, we sit back and invite pressure.

Over half a decade, that ingrains itself into the fabric of the club.

All it needs is a manager that attacks and gets the crowd rocking and this nervous 'curse' is lifted instantly.

Moore out.

Not sure that was the case today. We went for more goals at 1-0 and deserved to be 2-0 up. In that position with 25 minutes we should be able to coast it through, whether it be by attacking, conserving or containing. We'd done the hard work.

To take our only midfield tackler and engine off for a striker was not a negative change but it was the wrong one in my opinion.  

7 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Last night I predicted 6-2 that what it should have been.

Wing must make it three but puts the ball into Wimbledon Park WTF within a minute they're back in the game.

Best display particularly impressed with attitude second half, a few mistakes but our profligacy in front of goal prevented a cricket score.

Need to build on this by putting those chances away.     

Agree, individual errors cost us, but much more attacking intent and cohesion than in previous games. 

• Like 2