Wimbledon vs Sheffield Wednesday - OMDT

This is becoming a worse season than last.   A team of mostly Championship players who are playing for a manager with no real plan, a defensive formation with changes in selection every game.   He has idea how to change a game and has to go before loyal Wednesday fans are completely humiliated. Everyone watching that today saw Brown and Wing put in a embarrassing displays and yet Moore did nothing about it.

You have to be professional when 2-0 up. It's not a nightmare lead - it should be seen as a positive and something to keep; it's hard fought.

We cave in and almost accept the inevitable capitulation. 

there's a malaise and weakness across the club.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Giving away leads on this scale has gone on a couple of year with different players and managers. Must be cursed.

We're not cursed.

I've said it before but from Carlos' second season onwards, we've had 5 years of negative management.

If we ahead, we sit back and invite pressure.

If we go 2 up, we sit back and invite pressure.

Over half a decade, that ingrains itself into the fabric of the club.

All it needs is a manager that attacks and gets the crowd rocking and this nervous 'curse' is lifted instantly.

Moore out.

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Parried first straight to their player and second let someone tap past him from 2 yards when the ball had been in the for ages.

What a load of garbage. What about the defending. For the first who picking up the goal scorer. The second was Browns fault 

10 minutes ago, Owlstastic said:

14 shots, 8 on target. We should have been out of sight. 

Terrible defending. 

Feel a bit sorry for Moore there tbh. The players let him down. 

How many of those shots came after the substitutions that didn't work?

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

What a load of garbage. What about the defending. For the first who picking up the goal scorer. The second was Browns fault 

We all see things different pal.

First one he easily should catch and not parry and second should have plucked out of air.

But hey IMO

4 minutes ago, striker said:

I'm prepared to accept some stick, agree we shouldn't be losing 2 goal leads and individual errors cost us, again. 

Yes, we could have managed the game better, in hindsight. However, I've been wanting us to go and be attacking, look for more goals, so would be hypocritical to criticise when we've tried to do that. 

But, for large parts more cohesion today and created some really good chances and went for more goals. I hope we carry on that philosophy and don't revert to negative defending. 

I suppose if we are going to draw, better to be disappointed about not winning, that grateful for not losing.

I expect the usual meltdown on here and some laughing notifications coming my way, but was an entertaining game, much more attacking intent and felt I got my money's worth today. 

Disappointed with the result, performance ok and another day will win more games playing like that than being pragmatic.

Entertaining game ? 

Got your money's worth?

Deary me you must either have your eyes painted on or your very easily pleased 

Last night I predicted 6-2 that what it should have been.

Wing must make it three but puts the ball into Wimbledon Park WTF within a minute they're back in the game.

Best display particularly impressed with attitude second half, a few mistakes but our profligacy in front of goal prevented a cricket score.

Need to build on this by putting those chances away.     

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

Who could should have scored

Wing should have scored in the first half from a great chance and was largely ineffective. Don't sub off the only combative midfielder we have on the park just because he missed a sitter.